JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Arris vip4302
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasdavies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked for ir receiver with the flash light of the mobile but I did not actually found it. Yet the smoked screen is not so big so I positioned the ir transmitter to different places in front of it.
I wanted to test the ir with a mobile in order to test the code but I found out that iPhones don't have ir blasters so I couldn't do it.
jasdavies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to check the ir signal with the front camera of my cell phone but I don't know exactly how this is done. Are there any link to learn this this?
jasdavies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive tried typing BIN in small ie /V2010_PL.bin but I still get the same results.
jasdavies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By reading point 6 of the instructions I learn that I just need to face the camera to the blaster and I should see a white light when a button is pressed.
I will check this out.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasdavies wrote:
I would like to check the ir signal with the front camera of my cell phone but I don't know exactly how this is done. Are there any link to learn this this?

Google is your friend!
http://www.instructables.com/id/See-Infrared-LED-Light-with-an-iPhone-4/
jasdavies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it's something so simple that I could not figured it when I first read point 6. I can see the light with the front camera when it is pointed to the ir transmitter.
i think that my next step would be to learn the remote code with a universal remote and try to transfer it to the Mac- though this would be a challenge to say the least.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasdavies wrote:
i think that my next step would be to learn the remote code with a universal remote and try to transfer it to the Mac- though this would be a challenge to say the least.

If you want to go that route, you can buy a Nevo C2 remote on ebay for $15 USD (with free shipping). The following listing says they ship to Europe including Spain.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332334768536

With that remote, you can learn the signals from the original remote, then you can use our JP1 software (with the USB cable included in the listing) to download the remote's memory and upload it here. We can take it from there. Hopefully that won't just confirm that the file we originally provided is correct! Smile

And, you get a nice new remote into the bargain!
jasdavies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I've just ordered the nevo c2. It will take a while for it to arrive but in the mean time I will read the instructions and download the JP1 software if it's available for Mac. If it is only for Windows I will do this part at work.
Thanks for your help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It runs on the Mac.
jasdavies

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to capture the remote of the Arris vip4302 with my new Nevo c2 but it fails to capture the device. I have tried with other remotes and it works. I checked with the camera of my mobile the IR signal of the remote and it has confirmed that it does not emit any IR signal.
I have checked the specs of Arris vip4302 and it states that it support IR 36KHz or ble which stands for Bluetooth. I therefore suspect that the box has been configured by my tv provider as a Bluetooth remote control. This will explain why the previous bin codes provided did not work. I have tried to change the settings of the box but it has no option for changing the remote signal.
I guess that I control this device with my Slingbox.
Any advice on how I could use the remote away from home would be welcomed.
jasdavies

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By looking at the remote in detail there is a label inside the battery container which starts with RC and ends in R so I suspect that the box has been configured to be used with rf signals. Can the Slingbox controls boxes on rf signals?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, IR only
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post suggests that some VIP boxes respond to the IR signals for a Scientific Atlanta CIS330:
https://community.logitech.com/s/feed/0D53100005CvKt8CAF

I believe that is also known as a Cisco CIS330, and we have a Slingbox bin file for a Cisco CIS430, which I bet is the same, so give this a try...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8816

And here's the RM file, in case you want to try adding it to your Nevo...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8817

Last edited by The Robman on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since you have a Nevo i would suggest you load some upgrades into the Nevo and try to figure out the code with the Nevo first. The reason i say that is I had an Arris box and the ir sensor was almost 3" away from the location that was specified in every source i was able to find. The Nevo has better range than a blaster so placement issues can be solved seperately.

Try the codes that have been recommended in this thread. You might want to check the built in codes included in the Nevo too.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this discussion about the bluetooth Arris vip4302 that shows how you can get the IR codes for this box.

https://c.getsatisfaction.com/irule/topics/controlling-arris-vip4302-telia-with-ir-solved

Bengt Engdah wrote:
The trick to learn the IR codes from the supplied remote is to unplug the Arris box. If there are no box that can connect via bluetooth, the remote switches to IR. Then I was able to learn the remote codes via IR learner.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: