JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Arris vip4302
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasdavies

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Arris vip4302 Reply with quote

I need the remote bin files for the Arris VIP4302. Any help would be appreciated.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the Arris VIP2853 remote in the File Section.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13295
jasdavies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but I've tried and it does not work.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, if you want me to help the first thing I need is for you to read the installation instructions IN FULL. So please do that.
jasdavies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will read the instructions fully as advised. I have also ordered through Amazon the urc6440 and I will try to go as far as I can with it. I will keep you posted and any help with be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your support.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasdavies wrote:
I will read the instructions fully as advised.

Did you read the part about "it does not work" not being an acceptable answer?
jasdavies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I mean is that it is not compatible for my model of streaming box, I'm sure it works perfectly fine for the model it is intended for. I should had explained myself better.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is compatible, the 2 boxes use identical codes. So you must be doing something wrong, but until you read the instructions properly and provide me with the required feedback I can't help.
jasdavies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your feedback, I will try this code again tomorrow when I get home. On Friday I tried this one and also the one for Arris VIP2952 and none could control my streaming box. I must have made something wrong but as I was not very sure that I was entering the correct file address on the slingbox for the bin folder I also inserted the former bin files with my old box to check the procedure.
I will repeat the procedure tomorrow and will read the full instructions tonight.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people struggle with installing the bin file correctly and then they come here looking for help. The trouble is, just saying "it doesn't work" doesn't give us anything to go on.

Imagine for a moment, you place a phone call to your car mechanic and tell him that you car doesn't work and ask him what could be wrong with it, without him being able to see it for himself, how much help do you think he will be able to provide? He's going to want to know exactly what you tried to do to get it working and what happened at each step.
jasdavies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are absolutely correct. I have just finished reading the instructions on installing the remote for slingbox. I will try it again tomorrow. What confuses me more is the fact that I use a Mac so some things changes i.e. back slash on the pathname is a forward slash on the Mac so I suppose that I need to write it as a forward slash on the slingbox. The root directory for Windows is normally c drive but on Mac its sometimes just shown as a slash instead of its full name. I can try both ways i.e. By writing it as a slash and then as it's full name if the first does not install correctly.
My Slingbox model is 350 purchased from the US so I'm using the PL version.
I also noticed that I did not choose the correct type of box as the instructions says that it should be chosen depending on the first letter of the bin file.
Thanks for your feedback as it is making sense and driving me in the correct direction.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get it working, would you be kind enough to modify the instructions so they are correct for the Mac and then post them here for Alan.
jasdavies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to go step by step of what I've being doing as I still cannot control by streaming box Arris VIP 4302:

1. I download the bin file for Arris VIP 2853 as advised.
2. Since I use a Slingbox 350 I copy the bin file PL on the root directory of the Mac, equivalent to the C drive.
I Opened the web-browser navigate to Watch and the click on settings.
3. A notification comes out that I need to use the Slingbox app to use the settings and no options for configuring the input comes out in the web browser.
4. I download the Slingbox app for Mac and open it.
5. Choose reconfigure my slingbox and then choose the component input and reset and after this next.
6. I choose the type of device PVR as the first letter on the bin file is a V.
7. AS the bin file no. is 2010 and then choose Custom for the Manufacturer and click next.
8. I then typed /V2010_PL.BIN. all in capitals. As it is a Mac I used forward slash.
9. Then pressed Test and a remote control comes out.
10. I click on different buttons on the remote and nothing happens.
11. I moved the IR transmitter slightly to the left and then right in case the IR receiver is not getting the signal but it still does not react.
12 To test my procedure, I followed the whole process with an another code for an old streaming box and it worked without any problems.

Any feedback and help would be greatly appreciated.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No other suggestions I'm afraid. You didn't answer the question in the instructions concerning an IR test, but as it works with another box it must be OK. (If you had read the instructions you wouldn't have wasted time trying the Browser), That just leaves the positioning. Have you actually found the exact location of the IR receiver or are you guessing ?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasdavies wrote:
8. I then typed /V2010_PL.BIN. all in capitals. As it is a Mac I used forward slash.

I doubt this is it, but I notice that the file is really called V2010_PL.bin in the zip, not V2010_PL.BIN, could that be the problem?

When you have it loaded, did you try looking at the IR signal coming out of the blaster cable using a cell phone camera (or digital camera)? If you have a really recent cell phone, try using the camera that points to you, rather than the one that looks forward. The very latest modern cameras don't see IR signals as well as the older ones, and the selfie cameras in most cell phones are usually lower quality that the forward camera, so they pick up IR signals better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: