JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Longtime JP1 user with issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lurker1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Longtime JP1 user with issue Reply with quote

Bought several RS 2117s back in the day when they were giving them away at RS for $10 a piece. Anyway, I went to change the batteries on the remote earlier and when I hooked up the JP1 cable to upload my IR file I kept getting a "No Remotes Found" error.

I'm running RemoteMaster v2.04 build 14 on Win 10 x64. I have the delcom driver saved, and I reinstalled it a couple of times. I tried my laptop (Win 7), that also has an earlier RM/IR version on it and I got the same "No Remotes Found" error on that one too. A couple of times I got a mismatch error on the interface when I attempted to upload the IR file. I also tried with a brand new remote.

I'm thinking my cable is bad as its at least 10 years old (image link below).

https://ibb.co/nrWkB5

I suspect one of more of the inner cable connection wires have come loose. I opened it up and looked but I didn't see anything. But one "symptom" I've had with the cable now for about 4 years now is that I sometimes had to play with the wire in order for RM to "see" the remote.

Since I've been out of the game for a while what I need to know is, what replacement cable do I need? Secondly where is the best place to purchase one at the best price.

I used the search feature and I'm a little confused on the whole JP1.1/2 JP1.2/3 cable thing so I'm seeking a little guidance.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't say what version of Java you are using. My guess is that you are using 64-bit Java. The Delcom driver only works with 32-bit Java. For 64-bit Java you need this WinUSB driver.
Lurker1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
You don't say what version of Java you are using. My guess is that you are using 64-bit Java. The Delcom driver only works with 32-bit Java. For 64-bit Java you need this WinUSB driver.

Thanks Mathdon. I did fail to mention the drivers. The package that you linked to was the package that I had downloaded and saved.

This is a little embarrassing as I figured out the problem. The "new" batteries that I put in my remote were bad and that is why the remote was unresponsive. I didn't put 2+2 together until I put the old batteries back in and got a Mem Fault error from the LCD. It then struck me that with the new batteries I wasn't getting any light or output from the LCD. So I looked at the bottom of the batteries and sure enough a couple were corroded.

I still need to get me a new cable and in reading the 'Market Place' board it looks like I need;

a) 1 Chip Partner (or similar): PL2303TA USB Cable USB to TTL Serial Cable Adapter FTDI Chipset.

and

b) DIYgadget - JP1.2/1.3 to JP1 Adapter

If someone could confirm that I'd be much obliged.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's what you need. If you're only programming old remotes, you could position the single connectors into place on the adapter and then tape it together, if you like. But generally a better idea would be to either glue them together to make a connector or get one of the 6 hole connector shells.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: