JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NOS Portugal satellite - intek hd-s61nv box

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acosta2001

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: NOS Portugal satellite - intek hd-s61nv box Reply with quote

Hi all, i have a slingbox 500 connected to this box and would appreciate all the help in understanding how to setup the remote for this box (its looks like this: http://www.okyangzhou.com/images/zon-20131214114754.jpg) .
The slingbox is working fine: i recieve video and audio on my ipad, iphone and web but cannot change channel.
I have tried to select other manufacturers and models from the list on the slingbox setup but nothing will work.
Al i need is a remote to chg channel really.
If someone can tell me how to sort this i woild be really grateful.
I understand there are some bin files but dont understand where/how qyou upload these.
Many thx in advance
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 3 Intek Custom Remotes in the File Section. So first thing to do is try those. They are all quite old, with out-of-date instructions, so use these instead: http://www.rmrsoft.com/how_to_install_a_custom_remote_onto_the_slingbox.html
Acosta2001

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tks vm Alan. What desktop app should i use ? I have a windows 10 and the app i downloaded from microsoft store is v different to the one on the instructions and does not allow for configuration of the box.
M tks
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to https://community.slingbox.com and select Products at the top of the page, then Slingplayer Apps
Acosta2001

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Alan !
unfortunetly have not managed to setup this yet.
The slingplayer desktop app does not work (maybe because of windows 10 ?) and the web app neither so i cant upload the bin files.
any further help would be great.
thx vm
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Desktop app is fine under Windows 10. And 'does not work' is a phrase that should be banned from all fault reports, it a useless phrase Very Happy (Would you phone a car mechanic and say your car 'Does not work' ?).

So more details required.
Acosta2001

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Indeed ! So the correct description of the issue is: i have downloaded and installed the windows desktop app. when i launch, it freezes (blank window) with message on top of the frame : 'Not responding'
Thx vm for the help again
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, all I can really tell you it that is working fine for 90% of Windows 10 users. So you need to do the usual install/uninstall procedure. And you need to take this problem across to the Sling Community ( https://community.sling.com/content ) , as there is no-one here with the level of expertise on the Sling system to help.
Acosta2001

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan, thank you very much. I have been able to install the slingplayer desktop app and can now add the custom remote control. i have tried all the Intek bin files available as you suggested but they do not work with my intex box (Intek HD-S61NV). This is a box that NOS/ZON provides for satellite users. I have looked in the forum for other NOS/ZON files and have tried a few but with no luck so far. If you can help me with this i would be very grateful.
thanks
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are using that expression '..do not work..' again. STOP IT !! If you read my installation instructions properly you would see I threaten not to help people who use that expression.

Unfortunately I cannot help even if I wanted to. I get the IR codes from the Logitech Harmony IR Database and the S61NV is not in the database. It recommends the S10CS as an alternative but you tell me you have already tried that one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: