JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nevo C2 problem of connection
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duel76

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Nevo C2 problem of connection Reply with quote

Hi , i am new and i am italian, i have a remote control Nevo C2, i have instal RMIR, but this remote control not can be connected, and there is a messange:
error downloading from remote
this may well be the result of a bug in the RMIR software. To help us, please do a raw dowload follows. Close RMIR, re-open it and click on "Raw dowload"on the remote menu. Click the download button on the window that then open. When the download finishes, click save. Accept the default filename that is offered. Then post the resulting file in the JP1 Software forum for the expert to examine.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14649

Thanks to everyone for your kindness and competence, I hope that my Nevo C2 works as before, I expect news from your expert.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duel76 wrote:
I hope that my Nevo C2 works as before

Hi! I am the expert mentioned. Can you please confirm one thing for me. This quote of yours suggests that your Nevo is no longer working. Nothing you have done with RMIR should prevent it working, all RMIR has done is read what is in the remote. That should not stop it working. So please, does it still work?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham, I don't read his post that way (and remember, English isn't his first language). I assume that he found his way here after ez-rc closed down and he wants to continue programming his Nevo as he did before (using ez-rc) but he's getting an error message when he tries to connect to it using RMIR. He got the error message posted below and he did as instructed and did a raw download.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14649

Duel76 wrote:
Hi , i am new and i am italian, i have a remote control Nevo C2, i have instal RMIR, but this remote control not can be connected, and there is a messange:
error downloading from remote
this may well be the result of a bug in the RMIR software. To help us, please do a raw dowload follows. Close RMIR, re-open it and click on "Raw dowload"on the remote menu. Click the download button on the window that then open. When the download finishes, click save. Accept the default filename that is offered. Then post the resulting file in the JP1 Software forum for the expert to exsamine.

Please help me, thanks all

Duel76

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mathdon, yes it works perfectly, it not works with rmir program, but works perfectly
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have the solution for you. RMIR uses files called RDFs (Remote Description Files) that describe all the information it needs to know to understand and create setups for the different remotes. Your setup for the Nevo includes some things that we have not previously come across and so which were not included in the RDF.

Please replace the file "USB8006 (Nevo C2).rdf" in the RDF subfolder of your RMIR installation folder with this revised file. Everything should then work.

Please let us know how you get on. We always like to know if we have solved users' problems, or if there is still something else we can help with.
Duel76

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, in my pc is installed Windows 7 - 32 bit, this is a problem?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duel76 wrote:
Hi, in my pc is installed Windows 7 - 32 bit, this is a problem?

No, not a problem. The fact that you were able to do a raw download shows that RMIR is talking to your remote. Have you tried my revised RDF yet? Post again if that doesn't solve your problem.
Duel76

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mathdon, now it works perfectly, thanks, now I have to understand how to install the original remote control codes on it, thanks for your help
Duel76

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mathdon, with the new update of nevo, it works perfect, but is there a complete list of remote codes for my Nevo C2?thanks
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simple answer to your question is yes. If you open the RDF file with a text editor (it is just a straightforward text file), at the end you will see a section headed [SetupCodes]. That gives all the codes that are built in to your Nevo.

But I do not think that will help you very much. Please let us know what you are trying to do, then we will be able to help you better.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duel76 wrote:
Hi mathdon, with the new update of nevo, it works perfect, but is there a complete list of remote codes for my Nevo C2?thanks

Are you looking to add new devices, like you could do using the EZ-RC website? If so, what you need to do is navigate to the File Section (link at the top of this page) and then navigate to the Device Upgrades section, this is where we store all the files for devices that can be added to *any* remote.

Also be sure to check out our Wiki (link also at the top of the page) where you will find a guide to using JP1 with the Nevo and a guide to using JP1 in general.

Nevo guide:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_started_with_Xsight_and_Nevo

JP1 guide:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version
Duel76

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your hel, my device are:
TV Sharp Lc40LE343

Decoder sat ITI nBox 5800SX

blyray samsung BD5300

Cobra Cigno HD

Dvd recorder Lg RH7500

Vcr JVC 6611

is there these codes in this data base?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm really confused. The setup you originally posted, that caused me to give you a new RDF for the Nevo, has 14 devices set up. I assumed these were set up with EZ-RC and that they worked. For example, that setup has Cobra Cigno with code SAT/3629. Does it work, or not?
Duel76

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mathdon, i use the nevo c2 for my home teaser, but i want use also for my room, and i have these device
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you have the NEVO in your home THEATER(?) and you want to move this device to another remote?

Is the other remote a NEVO or some other JP1-able remote?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: