JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nevo C2 Activity Power Macro
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloud

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Nevo C2 Activity Power Macro Reply with quote

My Nevo C2 remote does not accept a macro for an activity. Only one of the actions is executed. The macro works if assigned to a soft button. I am using RMIR.

Has anyone have a Nevo C2 that works with macros assigned to the power button?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post your RMIR file.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can put a macro on a power button, at least you can when your firmware is version is 1.3.33

Along with your RMIR file, post your firmware version. You can find that by going to the Home->Settings->About

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Cloud

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The firmware is 1.3.7. I read a recent post here that RMIR 2.05 will allow firmware upgrade. Until the release I am stuck with no macros on a power button, right?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloud wrote:
Until the release I am stuck with no macros on a power button, right?

Not necessarily. All my test proved is that it can be done in version 1.3.33. I'm a long time JP1 user but new to the Nevo. I've found so many ways to misstep its not even funny. You really should go to the diagnosis section and upload your RMIR file and post a link to that file here, for mdavej and other experts to take a look at.

Quote:
I read a recent post here that RMIR 2.05 will allow firmware upgrade.
Yes that is true. Its in the works right now. In fact I'm one of the early testers, that's how I got 1.3.33 in the first place, but there are still a few glitches before it is ready for release.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without looking at your file, my best guess is you've assigned the power button to a different device in your activity than your power macro is assigned to. For example on the macro tab, your power macro could be assigned to TV, but on the activity tab, power is assigned to DVR.

If that's not it, there are some other workarounds we can try.

The only functional firmware difference I'm aware of is the Assist button visibility. All other functionality, including Macros, should be the same in all firmwares.
Cloud

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all very helpful. Thanks.
I would appreciate a way of resolving the problem without uploading my complete home setup publicly. I hope you understand. Would it be useful if I sent an rmir file with only one activity and one macro?
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense - but I think you have an overly optimistic opinion of how interesting your home setup is Smile

If you don't want to do that, strip it back to a simple example and upload that.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloud wrote:
I would appreciate a way of resolving the problem without uploading my complete home setup publicly. I hope you understand. Would it be useful if I sent an rmir file with only one activity and one macro?

I've never heard that be a concern before, but if you don't want to load your RMIR file, I think you are limited to sorting this out by yourself.

But if you ever do decide to upload it, you'll get some amazing help here.

Your call.
Cloud

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, I had a hard time resisting the urge of showing off with my gear...Here is a little taste of the gourmet stuff:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14647
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't judge here. I like all the icons you used.

Your config looks perfectly fine and should work as is. So I'm stumped and will have to defer this one to Mathdon since this may be a bug.

In any case, I'll try to duplicate your issue on my own remote tomorrow and see what results I get on my firmware. If it does turn out to be firmware related, we should be able to provide a way to update yours very soon.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The macro wasn't working on the Power button OR the Kable Soft1 key.

I looked at the learned tab and saw all those learns on non existing devices. I tried to delete them and RMIR wouldn't budge. I opened the RMIR file in notepad and removed all the learns. When I tried to upload it to the remote, I got write errors, but both the power button in the activities and the kabel soft1 button sent the macro

I tried to add a learn and then remove a learn, and found that this RMIR file is still corrupt, since learns are not deleted.

I think the RMIR file needs to be rebuilt.

Cloud

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm: on my Nevo C2 v 1.3.7 the rmir file uploads without a problem and the macro works from Kabel Soft1 button but not from the power button.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloud wrote:
Just to confirm: on my Nevo C2 v 1.3.7 the rmir file uploads without a problem and the macro works from Kabel Soft1 button but not from the power button.

I loaded it into my Nevo and shot the macro from the soft1 button, but only one of the power off codes was sent. We'll see what mDavej sees. but I am only seeing one command shooting from the Kabel soft1 key not all three.

Cloud

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my Nevo the power button sends one command only that causes the TV to blink once. Not the off command.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: