JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Req Vulkano Lava compatible bin file for SFR STBP-SGM-R2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrphil1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Req Vulkano Lava compatible bin file for SFR STBP-SGM-R2 Reply with quote

I have a Vulkano Lava that needs a converted Slingbox bin file for an SFR STBP-SGM-R2. Believe this is the same STB as a Sagem STBP-SGM-R2. Both of these remotes are listed in the Harmony database. I won't be able to try it out until the end of the month when I'm travelling over from the US to France to set the Lava up, so I can practically guarantee I'll try it out. The Lava uses a Gondar chip. Any help would be most appreciated.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you already have a Slingbox bin file for the STBP-SGM-R2? If so, you may be able to load the bin file into RMIR and then change the target remote to "Vulkano with Gondar Chip - 47 keys". Save the output to a file and then store into your PC C:\Program Files\Monsoon Multimedia\Vulkano\Setup Wizard\S2012_Gondar.bin.

Restart your SetupWizard and it should see the new bin file and allow you to select it as a Video Device/STB.

You should be able to test out the creating/loading/testing of the BIN file while in the US by using a BIN file for another local device. After that, you'll be testing for the right remote codes for the STBP-SGM-R2 in France.
mrphil1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't have that file.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this one: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14635
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrphil1,

What other devices do you have locally? A TV? What type or what IR codes does it use? Try to generate a BIN file for the TV so the Lava can control it. This should help validate the creation/loading process of the BIN file.

I've used Gondar BIN files before for my Vulkano Blast. Alan Richey generated an Axum BIN file which may work as well for the Vulkano Lava. It is a good idea to test this process out before heading over to France.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might have been wasting my time trying to help, the BIN file has not even been downloaded Sad
mrphil1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received an email regarding this issue at 9:31 AM today, which is the first email I've received regarding this issue since the last one on Sun Aug 06, 2017 @ 3:39 PM. I replied to the email this AM 21 minutes later, so I assure you, I'm not trying to waste anyone's time! I'm set to always receive replies, but didn't receive any since the one on the 6th.

I will do my best to get this downloaded and tested the best I can today or tomorrow and report back.

Thank you!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello MrPhil

Realize that an experts only compensation for the services we perform here is the feedback we get from our strangers we help.

Alan is our slingbox expert. Slingbox users tend to be an impatient lot often giving up and never coming back. Alan has been helping people with slingbox issues for users for FREE for YEARS and more times than not he is left without any feedback at all.

I'm glad you finally got an email. As you can see by the dates on your replies we tend to answer within 24 hours.

Good luck with you tests
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, the email that he got was from me.
mrphil1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am aware of Alan's great contributions from his work over at placeshiftingenthusiasts. I am all too aware of assisting someone with an issue only to never hear from them again as I used to be a contributor over at the now defunct vulkanocommunity and to a lesser degree also at placeshiftingenthusiasts, although I can't hold a candle to the volume of Alan's contributions. I sincerely appreciate everyone who is assisting me with my issue on this forum and will definitely reply with any comments asap. The only issue was in not receiving notifications there had been activity on my issue, which I now seem to be receiving without issue.

Thanks again.

Last edited by mrphil1 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrphil1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file Alan provided, C2010_Axum.bin already existed in my Vulkano setup folder. I moved it to the desktop and copied Alan's file into the directory. I couldn't see the SFR box nor model STBP-SGM-R2 as an available option while in Vulkano setup. I also note the original C2010 file in the Vulkano setup folder was 100 bytes, while the one Alan provided is 48. I've missed a step or two perhaps? Confused
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd. Although the BIN file does not contain any details of the box so I would not expect to see anything.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't typically see the exact device name as a selectable option when using our homemade upgrade files, you typically have to just select the code itself.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SetupWizard should have a "Select by Code" checkbox that you can use to then scroll for the C2010 setup code. After that, you should be able to test the IR codes.

Code:

Upgrade Code2 0 = 17 DA (Cable/2010)
00 5A 00 B2 76 E4 00 00 00 00 00 06 E1 20 3E 33
F9 79 B9 39 D9 59 99 19 E9 69 E5 65 07 36 96 7D
56 56 BD 3D DD 5D B6 9D 1D ED 6D 76
End
Selected Remote is Slingbox with Axum BINAxum
Fixed Data 20 3E 33

I looked through the Setup Wizard folder and it does have Axum, Gondar, PL, PK, RV BIN files so it can take any of these.

Axum_IR.xml seems to say C2010 is Amstrad.

Last edited by binky123 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrphil1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the wizard has the select by code drop down, but C2010 doesn't appear in the list. The list goes from C0000 to C0525, then skips to C3509. I've gotten these results on a Vulkano Flow and a Lava.

When I look into the Vulkano setup directory however, C2010 is there as well as C2004 just before, and C2011 ijust after C2010.

I also used the Belkin @TV setup program which is compatible with the Vulkano and the drop down on it showed C1982, then jumped to C2015, bypassing C2010 which I again confirmed was in the Belkin setup directory.

Since the Vulkano has a learn mode, albeit a bit demanding at times, I wonder if I should just go down that road. I'm certainly willing to give that a try. If I get a good working file, I could share that here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: