JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trying to copy Hauppauge Silver A415-HPG to URC-39730 B02-00
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
User75

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Trying to copy Hauppauge Silver A415-HPG to URC-39730 B02-00 Reply with quote

Hi there ! After spending many hours reading jp1 wiki trying to make things clear in my mind about what do I have to do to copy my Hauppauge remote functions to my dreambox remote SAT button !

Why am I tryinng to do that

So far I used that Hauppage remote (Hauppauge Silver A415-HPG) to control my raspberry loaded with osmc + lirc + TSOP 4840 and dreambox remote to control my tv . Now , as you propably have figured out , I want to use only my dm rm to control them both cause i have a desk full of remotes Smile

How I am trying to do that

Software I use Ir 8.04 and RMIr v2.04 build 9
My first step was to build a JP cable (the parallel port one) which tested and works fine ! I kept a backup of original settings of rm so I can restore them after every fail attempt ! Using IR software the remote is identified as a Dm Rm v3 URC-39730 [OUKAOUK1 : JP1 (Samsung S3C8)] . This is the original data I read from dm rm (You can use download button in upper right corner) .
Next I downloaded the Happauge 350 upgrade from files section and loaded it to RMIR. Then , on the setup tab , i change the remote to DB v3 URC-39730 b02 and move to output tab to copy the device upgrade code (right ?) . After this I open IR again and open Devices tab and use the Add button to paste the code ! At this point IR asks me on which device button do I want to assign this upgrade so I choose SAT button and I guess at this point point I am ready to upload it ! Upload takes place without any problems but when I use it on raspberry with SAT button selected nothing happens Sad What am i missing here guys ?
Thanx for your time
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to copy Hauppauge Silver A415-HPG to URC-39730 B0 Reply with quote

Hi User75,
Welcome to the forum.

User75 wrote:

Software I use Ir 8.04 and RMIr v2.04 build 9

This is the original data I read from dm rm[/url] (You can use download button in upper right corner) .

Sad What am i missing here guys ?
Thanx for your time

What are you doing wrong? Where do I start!

You probably should be doing this all in RMIR, but IR will work for you. I happen to prefer IR because I can see what I'm doing more easily and it has a nice summary report, but it is harder because there are more steps and more places to make mistakes.

If you do want to work with IR, when you download, you don't want to save your downloaded file as txt, you want to save it as an IR file (the default type). IR files can save more information than plain txt.

Quote:
Next I downloaded the Happauge 350 upgrade from files section and loaded it to RMIR. Then , on the setup tab , i change the remote to DB v3 URC-39730 b02 and move to output tab to copy the device upgrade code (right ?) .

If you are using IR to do this then yes.

If you had done your original download from the remote, in RMIR, you would have navigated to the devices tab, added a new device, opened the Haupage txt file and it would have asked you to confirm the original remote, and then would have converted to the

Quote:
After this I open IR again and open Devices tab and use the Add button to paste the code ! At this point IR asks me on which device button do I want to assign this upgrade so I choose SAT button and I guess at this point point I am ready to upload it ! Upload takes place without any problems but when I use it on raspberry with SAT button selected nothing happens.

What Sat button??? You did something wrong somewhere. There is no SAT button in the dreambox remote. You would only get that message to assign it to a device if there were keymoves in the output panel. You didn't mention reassigning buttons, so its hard to guess why you are getting this message. Did you see keymoves in the remotemaster output panel?

Whether using IR or RMIR, after the device is available in the devices tab, you do need to assign it to a device on the general tab.

Not quite sure where you went wrong. When you opened IR did you reload the dreambox image before you added the device upgrade?

And finally you didn't include a copy of the file that you uploaded, so we just have to guess what you did.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used or programmed a Dreambox remote, but looking at the photos it appears to only have 2 device buttons, one for TV and one for the Dreambox, is that right? Am I right in assuming that you no longer have a Dreambox but you still have the remote which you use to control your TV, and now you want to use the Dreambox mode to control your Raspberry?

I tried to follow your steps and created the following IR file, does it work?
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14607
User75

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again ! Thank you both for you help

vickyg2003 wrote:
If you do want to work with IR, when you download, you don't want to save your downloaded file as txt, you want to save it as an IR file (the default type). IR files can save more information than plain txt.

Didnt know that , thx for the tip ! Here is my original data from db rm in .ir format !

vickyg2003 wrote:
What Sat button??? You did something wrong somewhere. There is no SAT button in the dreambox remote

You are so right I meant DREAM button , my mistake Confused

vickyg2003 wrote:
You would only get that message to assign it to a device if there were keymoves in the output panel. You didn't mention reassigning buttons, so its hard to guess why you are getting this message. Did you see keymoves in the remotemaster output panel?

The only key that I assigned was the Exit(Zoom) cause it wasn't assigned to any button !!!

vickyg2003 wrote:
And finally you didn't include a copy of the file that you uploaded, so we just have to guess what you did.

Will do that straight away ! This is the file I made for upload .

The Robman wrote:
I've never used or programmed a Dreambox remote, but looking at the photos it appears to only have 2 device buttons, one for TV and one for the Dreambox, is that right? Am I right in assuming that you no longer have a Dreambox but you still have the remote which you use to control your TV, and now you want to use the Dreambox mode to control your Raspberry?

You are right 2 device buttons , 1 button DREAM which I used to control dreambox but now I want to control raspberry and 1 TV which I am controlling my TV ! This is the remote btw .

The Robman wrote:
I tried to follow your steps and created the following IR file, does it work?

Just tested your file and it doesnt work !!! No response at all
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User75 wrote:
Just tested your file and it doesn't work !!! No response at all

Doesn't work anything, or just doesn't work the Raspberry (but still works the TV)?

If the TV still works, it sounds like you picked the wrong Hauppauge code. The one you selected uses RC-5, device code 30, whereas the following upgrade used RC-5, device code 31, so give this one a try:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=770

I have added this upgrade to the upgrade that I posted earlier:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14607
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like ALL the Haupage PVRs use the RC-5, so that part at least looks correct.

However when I look at Rob's IR, something appears to be wrong. When I open it up the fixed data for the new upgrade looks strange
I'm seeing this in the fixed data
1E 00 00 01 00 01
When I work with this in RM, my fixed data is
01 41 01

EDIT:
Oops, I was posting while rob was posting, so my comments were addressing the first IR file, I haven't moved on to see what the second one shows.
User75

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Doesn't work anything, or just doesn't work the Raspberry (but still works the TV)?

Tv works ok , raspberry is the one that refuses to work ! Still no go with this new file Sad I will try to test with other Hauppauge upgrades and see if I have better results and I will let you know .
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your Raspberry have a unit code or anything similar that allows you to control 2 units in the same space?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This page has a lirc file for the haupage remote that user75 is using. http://lirc.10951.n7.nabble.com/Query-about-LIRC-setting-up-Hauppauge-A415-HPG-WE-A-remote-control-td7280.html

My computer is indisposed right now or i would use irscrutenizer to see how this decodes.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't get it to work with the 1.1.2 version I have at work, and I the site where the current version is stored is blocked here. So we'll need Barf's help with this.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't get it to open in IRScrutinizer either.

Looking at it and trying to decode it by hand, it appears to be a
I couldn't find any timing data to parse out.

This seems to be a 32 bit code BiPhase with a toggle bit.
Toggle x80000000
8 bits always x00
8 bits always x01
8 bits sometimes 00 sometimes 01,
8 bits function

User75

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Does your Raspberry have a unit code or anything similar that allows you to control 2 units in the same space?

I don't know Sad Can you help me on how can I find that out ?

vickyg2003 wrote:
This page has a lirc file for the haupage remote that user75 is using

This is the lirc.conf that I use for the particular remote .
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lirc.conf file User75 linked to is understood perfectly by IrScrutinizer. The one from the Lirc maililng list is meaningless:

Code:

one             0     0
zero            0     0

When fed with this file, IrScrutinizer 1.4.1 produces the error message:

Code:
Ignoring timingless remote "Hauppauge-A415-HPG-WE-A" in <clipboard>. Unset "Reject Lirc imports without timing" if this is not desired.

which should be halfway understandable Wink

It is not at all obvious how to fix the file.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf, I didn't have the latest version. Check for updates revealed that. But it took me forever to find 1.4.1 on your website. I got very frustrated and gave up twice. But before I came back here and exposed my dumbness I gave it one last try and found the download page for the finished product. and then of course once I did, I had a fight with Norton to allow me to install it, but it did the job as promised. Could you make the link to the latest release finished product more obvious.

User75, I'm confused as to what exactly you do with the raspberry pi and the lirc file.
This signal in the lirc you posted did indeed decode to RC5 device 30 like the first upgrade that you tried, which brings me back to what I said when I tried to open the first IR file that rob produced. There was something funky about that file. The fixed data didn't appear correct in the device upgrade.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky,

The download of the latest released version is Github, and Github only, here.

The current, "experimental", development version is found here.

Just uploading to a number of different places is simply too much work.

With a quick check, I could not found any erroneous or misleading information on my website. If you can tell me exactly what is wrong, or have concrete suggestion I am all ears.

The exception is the first post of this thread. I have tried to ediit it: when I click "Preview" I get only an empty page, so I presume that "Save" would effectively empty the post. Can you have a look at that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: