JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

rc6 mce codes on a shaw atlas remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiihoffmann

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: rc6 mce codes on a shaw atlas remote Reply with quote

Is it possible to load the rc6 mce codes onto a shaw atlas remote? I have been looking for apppropriate files however have found none, please forgive me as I am extremely new to this who JP1 programming thing. The codes i am looking for are also used in the xbox 360 dvd remote.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: rc6 mce codes on a shaw atlas remote Reply with quote

Hello wiihoffmann

wiihoffmann wrote:
Is it possible to load the rc6 mce codes onto a shaw atlas remote?

First off , "shaw atlas remote", is a vague term, Shaw used several versions of UEI's Atlas remotes. We really need the signature of the Atlas to figure out what remote we are talking about. You can get more information about Atlas remotes in general from this discussion Guide to identifying Atlas Remotes

Generally you start out with a download of your remote . This would give you the starting point. Not all atlas's are created equal. Some are quite lame, while others are robust and have a great following in our jp1 community.

Since you are posting in the non-jp1 category, I assume you don't have a cable. I don't believe any of the Atlases have a built in MCE setup code that we can use to send xBox type signals. So without the appropriate cable there isn't much we can do.

If you do want to pursue this with a JP1 cable, you'll need to do a signature flash back to see what type of cable you need. Some versions of the Atlas are not worth pursuing.

Quote:
I have been looking for apppropriate files however have found none, please forgive me as I am extremely new to this who JP1 programming thing. The codes i am looking for are also used in the xbox 360 dvd remote.

I'm not sure how you've been looking. We have tons of MCE upgrades. Any one of them can be made to work on the common Atlas models by selecting the correct remote from the dropdown. But as stated above, you'd need a cable to proceed.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
wiihoffmann

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I was unaware that there were multiple shaw atlas remotes until I read your post. The remote I am using is an Atlas 1056B03. The ability to reprogram remotes and add protocols really intrigued me so I built a cable for myself and connected my remote to the IR program. (version 8.04) I then selected my remote (Atlas 1056 B03 (2010A9)) from the file menu and was greeted with a '$F800' is not a valid integer value. Any suggestions to resolve this?
edit: I have another remote, it is a 2025B1-B1, however it does not have the 2x3 header, rather it has a 1x5 pin header that I dont know how to connect to as I dont know the pinout.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Built in code you want is most likely DVD 1972.

Here's some info about the 5 pin connector. Beleive me when I say that remote is not worth the trouble. It's pretty, but utterly useless.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17106

You need to be using Remote Master, not the old IR program. I also suspect you built the wrong kind of cable. A JP1.3 cable is very hard to build and requires many small, specialty components. It's much easier to just buy a ready-made USB-serial cable on ebay for $8 shipped.

In any case, you don't need a cable to program your remote to control an Xbox.
wiihoffmann

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgetting about the 2025B1-B1 remote I decided to try out the 1970 code on my remote, however this code did not work. I then hooked my 1056B03 remote up to the the remote master program, to my surprise it was able to recognize my remote and pull all of the current programming off of it! Not only does this mean that my diy cable works, but it also means that I should now be able to reprogram the remote to control my device.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does, it means you're in JP1 business! Well done on the cable, which design did you follow and how did you build it?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it. Still no reason DVD 1972 wouldn't have worked. 1272 is another possibility. Are you sure IR is enabled on your xbox? Also, you have to be directly in front of the box for it to work. Xbox has a very, very narrow IR area due to the poor design. Sensor lies well behind a small keyhole sized window.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Xbox has a very, very narrow IR area due to the poor design. Sensor lies well behind a small keyhole sized window.

I wonder if that can be fixed by opening the unit and pushing the IR receiver forward?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe. It's a very weird design. It's behind an IR translucent button that's used to eject some kind of card. So that button travels back to the circuit board when pressed. You could probably desolder the eye from the board, and put it on wires and stuff it inside the button. My solution was to get rid of my Xbox 360.
wiihoffmann

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, I now have my remote set up to control my Xbox! For whatever reason, the setup codes did not work so I was forced to create my own upgrade. As for the cable, I built the one found here. Much of the confusion I had throughout this process stemmed from the fact that I was looking at several outdated tutorials which I have listed below. I was also under the impression that I had to look for a device upgrade built for my remote, not for the remote I was trying to copy, (seems obvious now Rolling Eyes) This is why I had originally stated that I could not find an appropriate file for my remote. Once I was using the correct programs the process was easy and worked flawlessly.

outdated tutorials:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/rm.shtml
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help2/index.shtml
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, what do you think about taking those offline and point to the newer wiki articles?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Rob, what do you think about taking those offline and point to the newer wiki articles?

Done
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: