JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ARRX18G xSight: New Activity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jriker1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: ARRX18G xSight: New Activity Reply with quote

I've managed to get my remote programmed with some devices, but a bit confused on RMIR how to program an activity. Always comes up with 9 items tied to an activity and assuming each one is a step in the turn on process. So say I click New Activity and I just want to turn the TV on and have it on the regular TV antenna. By default I have numbers 1 - 9 all saying Toshiba LCD device.

Second example, if I want to turn on my TV and my DVR and switch the TV to HDML 1 how would I do that? Hoping if I can understand these two it will help with other options I need to set.

For reference I have an ARRX18G xSight guess touch compatible unit.

Thanks.

JR
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the Xsight experts will help you with your specific questions, but I just wanted to make sure that you've seen the wiki article for this remote:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_started_with_Xsight_and_Nevo

Also, here's a guide to RMIR...

Applies to all remotes:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version

Xsight specific features:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#Remote_Specific_Features

Last edited by The Robman on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, those are not steps. Those are simply the devices each button group controls.

In example 1, leave all 9 set to your TV device. Edit the Activity Macro and add steps to turn on the TV and pick the Antenna input.

In example 2, you'll probably want all groups except 1, 4 and 9 assigned to your DVR. Your macro would turn on the TV and switch to HDMI 1. DVRs usually stay on 24x7, so no need to turn it on or off.

I highly recommend you load one of our Toshiba devices from the file section. It will have specific commands for power on, power off, HDMI 1 and Antenna that you can use in your macros.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12061

Activity macros are edited the same way as regular macros, described earlier in the above wiki. You should read through all of it before you start.

Here's an example of a fully programmed remote with many activities which may help:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13513
jriker1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Thanks I'm going to spend some time reading thru things. One question at first glance of the fully programmed remote example. For functions like Video 5 HDMI 1, whatever "Video 5" means, how are those functions captured? As a rule you have one button on the remote called "Input". And cycling thru that button takes you to the correct input however obviously that cycling thru could work or not work depending on what input you were on in the first place.

Thanks.

JR
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Video 5" in my case is simply how the input was labeled on my TV screen, so I made it match. The port on the back of my TV corresponding to Video 5 was labeled HDMI 1, so I kept both in my description. You can name yours whatever makes the most sense to you. If "DVR Input" makes more sense to you, use that instead of "HDMI 1" for the label.

I didn't capture any commands whatsoever. Everything came from files on this site. You should rarely have to capture any commands.

Forget about the Input button. You'll never use that in your macros. Discrete HDMI 1, HDMI 2, ANT, etc. each go directly to that specific input every time no matter what the last input was. No cycling required. Same story for Power. That's a toggle which depends on the previous state. You'll use Power On and Power Off instead. Power On turns the TV on every time no matter what. If the TV is already On, nothing happens. Power Off only turns it off, no matter how many times you send that command. If the TV is already Off, nothing happens.

Access to these special discrete functions that aren't found on the original remote is what makes macros on these remotes to useful and powerful.

You may notice one other little trick I use, which is redundant discrete input commands. For example, my TV takes about 12 seconds to warm up before it will respond to any commands. So, if I want to go to HDMI3, my macro would be:

TV Power On
TV HDMI3 (in case TV was already on, it switches to HDMI3 immediately)
Wait 12 seconds (configurable delay is built into the step)
TV HDMI3 (in case TV was off and ignored the previous HDMI 3 command)

In my file I also have an AVR to deal with and several other devices that I turn off when going from one activity to the next. You can ignore those parts.
jriker1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I may surprise you when it comes to capturing my own commands. The TV in question I found one of your profiles for so guessing that will be good. The DVR there isn't one. Well one that may work but doesn't have any discrete functions. And my media player forget it. Below is my devices:

TV: Toshiba 29L1350U (Toshiba CT-90325)
DVR: Magnavox HD DVR/HDD 500GB ATSC Tuner (Magnavox NC003)
Media: Micca Speck G2 ( micca spec-i g2)

In parenthesis is the remote model.

Note my DVR is turned off as it runs on a timer for when it has to turn on and record.

So if I want to use the power button to turn everything on and off automatically what would I use for power? The standard power setting as the discrete would be if you want to manually have buttons for turning things on and off correct?

OK, now hopefully finding time to read the links. Smile

Thanks.

JR
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob tried to drop you a hint on the Micca, but you didn't pick up on it (fill out the questionaire in the code search sticky). Luckily we can use your awesome capture skills to make a device upgrade file.

All Mags of this vintage use the same codes and include discretes. Pick one. I bet one of the 533's will do the trick.

You don't use the power button to turn everything off, you make a Master Off activity macro (mine is Good Night).

Leave Power toggle assigned to the power button of each device. Put discrete on and off on the screen as you typically will only use those in macros.
jriker1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Are there multiple 533's out there? I downloaded one, the only one I found, and some of the commands did not function so had to manually redo them with my ARRX18G remote. Perhaps there are other captures and I'm missing it.

Thanks.

JR
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought my old Magnavox had discretes, but I must be mistaken. I can't find any. Maybe PLAY would work as discrete on.

Our files aren't captures. They're UEI format which is much more compact and correct than captures.

If you post your RMIR file with your Micca learns, we can convert it to a device upgrade file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: