JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

351601 Potenza BC4 remote rdf
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csete wrote:
For some reason I'm not getting pings via email on updates to the thread, so just saw that there were these updates. Given the conversation, should I be doing anything with this yet or should I wait? I don't really want to crater my remote while playing with it. My wife would have much too much fun giving me crap about that... Smile

Download the new RDF and try doing a download.
csete

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry... not really with it today Smile

I uploaded to the diagnosis file section. Hopefully that was what you are looking for.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14575

Thanks again for digging into this!
Craig
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that looks good so far. According to the manual posted earlier, this is a 5 device remote. You only appear to have programmed 2 of the device buttons so far, could you program the rest of them too please? It doesn't really matter what codes you program to them, just keep track of what they are and then do another download. If all is good, you should see the codes that you programmed appear in RMIR. (Note: you may need to use the 992 command to unlock the other device buttons, as detailed in the manual).

You could also try learning a couple of buttons from another remote, just so we can see if the learned signals show up properly.

You could also re-verify if the 994 function works to see if you can program a keymove, and also try the 995 function to see if you can program macros.
csete

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Well, that looks good so far. According to the manual posted earlier, this is a 5 device remote. You only appear to have programmed 2 of the device buttons so far, could you program the rest of them too please? It doesn't really matter what codes you program to them, just keep track of what they are and then do another download. If all is good, you should see the codes that you programmed appear in RMIR. (Note: you may need to use the 992 command to unlock the other device buttons, as detailed in the manual).

You could also try learning a couple of buttons from another remote, just so we can see if the learned signals show up properly.

You could also re-verify if the 994 function works to see if you can program a keymove, and also try the 995 function to see if you can program macros.

Do any of the other device codes have to actually work? If not, I can do that yet tonight. If so, I will need to do this when we aren't actually using the TV and remote.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csete,
It's not very important, but I left out out the correct punch through specifier in the RDF file. So RMIR is only showing the Volume punch through state on the General tab, but we know from the manual the the remote allows one to choose Channel punch through also. I updated the RDF file. Please use the updated version in the next download.

The other device codes don't need to work, although eventually I would like to establish for sure the the device button numbers are correct.
csete

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the RMIR file with a new one. This is using the updated RDF and I've set the following device codes:

TV - 1758
STB - 1898
AUD = 1676
DVD = 1516
VCR = 0593

Craig
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I had the wrong device button numbers, so I've revised the RDF again.
Can you make a macro with the 995 command assigned to Macro1 button, pressing STB, Red, Green, Yellow, Blue? Remember to terminate the macro by holding Setup until 2 blinks. This will check whether we got those button numbers correct.

Also, it would be good to check if the remote supports multi-macros. The idea is that you can put more than one macro on e.g. Macro2. Once the macros are defined, the first press of Macro2 sends the 1st macro, and a second press will send the 2nd macro. The original version of this remote did support multimacros on Macro1, Macro2, and OnDemand buttons.
csete

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded a new RMIR file. I set up MACRO1 as you requested and the download appeared correct in RemoteMaster. I tried to get a multi macro set up (on MACRO2), but couldn't seem to do it. I don't know if that is a sign that it isn't possible or if I'm just not doing it correctly?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the device button layout in the RDF to better reflect the codes you posted. I can't be 100% sure that I've picked the right slot for the STB button because, even though this is a 5 device remote, internally it supports 8 devices and all of the spare device buttons have the cable code on them. So, if it's possible, could you temporarily re-program the STB button to a different code and do another download (then program it back, of course).

RDF:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14573
csete

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will get you what you need later today...
csete

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I have updated the device button layout in the RDF to better reflect the codes you posted. I can't be 100% sure that I've picked the right slot for the STB button because, even though this is a 5 device remote, internally it supports 8 devices and all of the spare device buttons have the cable code on them. So, if it's possible, could you temporarily re-program the STB button to a different code and do another download (then program it back, of course).

RDF:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14573

Uploaded latest RMIR file. I used the latest RDF and changed STB to 1877 temporarily.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link to your file (to help others looking at this):

And good news, that confirms that I picked the right buckets for the STB device.
csete

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Here's the link to your file (to help others looking at this):

And good news, that confirms that I picked the right buckets for the STB device.

Thanks. Yeah... I've just been reusing the previous file with same URL.

What's left at this point to get the RDF "right"?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csete wrote:
Thanks. Yeah... I've just been reusing the previous file with same URL.

Right, so I had to scroll back through all the previous posts to find the link to it. Posting the link saves others from having to go search for it.

csete wrote:
What's left at this point to get the RDF "right"?

I think one of the Dave's (3FG and mdavej) will probably take over here. The most obvious thing that still needs to be done is to create an image and map for the remote, but there's quite a few other details in the RDF that we'll need your help extracting.
csete

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Happy to help. Just excited to get to a point where I can "fix" the power button on the silly remote Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: