JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

download TV 0145 Device Codes ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chas6000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: download TV 0145 Device Codes ??? Reply with quote

Is there a place where I can download the entire device codes for 0145 so that they could be modified and used? or do i have to look for a device file that someone has made for a specific device based on 0145 and the modify that? if the latter, is there an index of which device files are based on which codes (like 0145)? it seems like the indexes and lists are organized more around the specific TV or DVD, etc that they have been modified for....

Thanks!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV/0145 only uses one device code, that being device code 80 (with the NEC1 protocol). I have just loaded a basic KM upgrade file for TV-0145.txt that you can use as a starting point. You can then use the advanced codes listed on my site to complete the setup.

Had you had a learning remote, you could have learned a few signals yourself to discover what the protocol and device code were.

i don't know what brand your TV is, but chances are, if there are other files for that brand in the file section, one of them would probably have worked. Here's an upgrade that is based on TV/0145: Hitachi_Ultravision.txt
chas6000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Rob - this will help. If I had been able to discovery that the device code and protocol were these, how woud i have then found other 'template' KM upgrade files that were based on these?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't have needed to because you could have learned all the buttons using your JP1 learning remote, which would have told you what codes each button used. With this info, you could have built an upgrade for your device, and it wouldn't matter what UEI code it was similar to.

What I did was look up TV/0145 in the manual to see what other brands use it, then I looked to see if there were upgrades for any of those brands. The only match I found that way was the Hitachi upgrade that i linked to.
chas6000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob -- that helps alot. I am beginning to see how you guys use the organization of data and stuff. Very helpful group. fun and rewarding stuff too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: