JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EZ-RC alternative for my Monster remote?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teammaf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: EZ-RC alternative for my Monster remote? Reply with quote

Just found out today the EZ-RC site shut down for good. Is there a alternative thats easy to use? I read something about RMIR but im a total noob and have zero idea where to go.

I have a Monster Revolution 200 model remote that hooks up via USB.

Descent remote has been able to control 100% of everything I find that is missing a remote for the time being. Just got a nice samsung box in today and was about to prog the remote with the code and found out they closed shop on the programming website.

Let me know guys thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of the "Monster Revolution 200", are you saying that you used to be able to program it using ez-rc or do you also have a Nevo/Xsight remote?

If you do have a Nevo/Xsight, you can absolutely do everything using RMIR that you could do using ez-rc, in fact you can do a lot more.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_started_with_Xsight_and_Nevo
Teammaf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I've never heard of the "Monster Revolution 200", are you saying that you used to be able to program it using ez-rc or do you also have a Nevo/Xsight remote?

If you do have a Nevo/Xsight, you can absolutely do everything using RMIR that you could do using ez-rc, in fact you can do a lot more.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_started_with_Xsight_and_Nevo

Heres a link to my remote:

http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/124

read on it and let me know. I used EZ-RC had the login and profiles saved and everything it was pretty nice. But now im sunk.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could program it using ez-rc then you can certainly program it using RMIR, but we may need to do some setup first. Have you tried downloading from it using RMIR yet?

We will most likely need to create a new RDF for it, so I'll let the experts guide you through what is needed to accomplish that.
Teammaf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah im messing around in RMIR but I cant get it to see my remote when its hooked up via USB so i figured something is not quite right. It has a A male to mini B slot USB cable type. It wont see it when I click download from remote.

I dont want to lose the profiles I have saved on this remote for 7 different devices especially now since EZ-RC is dead and it had all my backups on there.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then it definitely sounds like we need to create a new RDF for it. I don't know what the next steps are, so I will let Graham (Mathdon), Dave (mdavej) and the other experts guide you from here.
Teammaf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK ill check back every so often to get info/provide it if need be.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If RMIR can download it that will allow you to save the profiles and devices that you have in the remote before you touch anything, so you don't have to worry about "losing" what is in the remote.

That's definitely an interesting looking remote. Try the RMIR "raw" download to see what that finds. The "standard" download looks first to identify the remote and if it has no clue what that thing is won't do much.

Also, the XSight/Nevo remotes don't work on Mac, there is no driver. So you have to be using this with a PC. you'll also need to install what UEI called the EZ RC Condiut. If you can't find that on line let me know and I can email it to you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conduit.exe can be downloaded from here:
http://www.oneforall.com/conduit/conduit.exe

and there's a backup copy here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14416
Teammaf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
If RMIR can download it that will allow you to save the profiles and devices that you have in the remote before you touch anything, so you don't have to worry about "losing" what is in the remote.

That's definitely an interesting looking remote. Try the RMIR "raw" download to see what that finds. The "standard" download looks first to identify the remote and if it has no clue what that thing is won't do much.

Also, the XSight/Nevo remotes don't work on Mac, there is no driver. So you have to be using this with a PC. you'll also need to install what UEI called the EZ RC Condiut. If you can't find that on line let me know and I can email it to you.

What interface should I be selecting? just auto detect in RMIR to download? Still says no remotes found when doing raw download. Im on PC too.

I had condiut installed but the tray icon wasnt showing up, goes from red to green when I plug in my remote.

I did notice from seeing some pictures of RMIR working in tutorials showing its just like the EZ RC website I was using on the remote, just different GUI/look for the most part.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use auto detect when I'm using the Nevo (which was also an EZ-RC remote)
Teammaf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys go to this website and install and do as it says with conduit and get the icon in the system tray (bottom right by clock) and click on it...does it launch you to anything a base EZ-rc site saying its shut down?

Or are those instructions old?

Takes me to this website when I try to launch:
http://ofa.ez-rc.com
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teammaf wrote:
Still says no remotes found when doing raw download.

An XSight/Nevo type of remote will report "No remotes found" with RMIR if there is no RDF for it. It doesn't need to be a real RDF, you could take a copy of any of the ones whose names start with USB, e.g. USB8006 (Nevo C2).rdf, and change the 8006 (in this case) to the USB PID of your remote. You can find the PID from Windows Device Manager under Human Interface Devices. On my PC, with Windows 8.1, it appears as a "HID-compliant vendor-defined device". You need to identify the new entry that appears when you connect the remote, double-click the entry and look under the Events tab. Mine has an entry there of
Code:
Device HID\VID_06E7&PID_8001\6&1f177942&5&0000 was configured.

The VID will be 06E7 for UEI remotes, it is the PID (in this case 8001) that you need.

Hope this helps. With an RDF named in this way, RMIR should at least be able to do a raw download. BTW Conduit.exe is irrelevant. EZ-RC used it but has gone, and RMIR doesn't use it.
Teammaf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Teammaf wrote:
Still says no remotes found when doing raw download.

An XSight/Nevo type of remote will report "No remotes found" with RMIR if there is no RDF for it. It doesn't need to be a real RDF, you could take a copy of any of the ones whose names start with USB, e.g. USB8006 (Nevo C2).rdf, and change the 8006 (in this case) to the USB PID of your remote. You can find the PID from Windows Device Manager under Human Interface Devices. On my PC, with Windows 8.1, it appears as a "HID-compliant vendor-defined device". You need to identify the new entry that appears when you connect the remote, double-click the entry and look under the Events tab. Mine has an entry there of
Code:
Device HID\VID_06E7&PID_8001\6&1f177942&5&0000 was configured.

The VID will be 06E7 for UEI remotes, it is the PID (in this case 8001) that you need.

Hope this helps. With an RDF named in this way, RMIR should at least be able to do a raw download. BTW Conduit.exe is irrelevant. EZ-RC used it but has gone, and RMIR doesn't use it.

Ok ill try that...
Teammaf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I renamed it as such
USB0007 (Nevo C2).rdf

Got this in device manager under the remote when I plug it in:
HID\VID_06E7&PID_0007&REV_0005
HID\VID_06E7&PID_0007

Still wont pull anything, says no remote found either way.Remote is a PC mode, says PC connected on the screen when its plugged in.

Let me know more tips, or if I mis understood that there @mathdon
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: