JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How To Start ARRX18G

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forssux

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: How To Start ARRX18G Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm totally new here.

1. Device: Yamaha RX-A850
2. Type of device: AV receiver
3. Year: 2015
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: ARRX18g Xsight Touch
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes, usb
6. Still have original remote? yes
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)?
9. Partially working setup code? ??
10. Learning remote question?
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool?
12 Windows 10
13 Web Install doesn't work because discontinued remote device

I just bought this remote on e-bay and luckily Hifi-remote.com exists..
I have several questions which I can't seem to find, or execute

1) Is there a way to learn which firmware is on my ARRX18G?
2) MFR how is this actually done? I found for my ARRX18G (Home, Settings, Reset. Press Reset again or enter 981 then Reset for a full reset)
But is this the home button on my Remote? I'm asking this because Home exists but Settings not.
3) Does the Remote needs a initial setup and can I download this somewhere?

Already thanks for reading
Guy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let others more familiar with this remote give you the exact answers to your questions, but my question is, why do you want to do a reset? Is the remote used and therefore has someone else's programming on it?

A better approach is probably to install the RMIR program and then use it to download your remote's current configuration, that way you can see exactly what is programmed into it, without needing to scroll through screens on the small LCD display.

If you ultimately just want to add your A/V receiver, most Yamaha receivers use pretty much the same codeset, so any one of them will probably do for you. Also, the ARRX18g is a learning remote, so you can learn buttons from your Yamaha remote (or any other remote) and then use RMIR to give you the signal data, which you can then use to either create an upgrade, or add functions to an existing upgrade.

Here's the folder with the Yamaha receiver upgrades:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=9&sort_method=file_name&sort_order=ASC&start=400
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Home - Settings - About
2) Scroll to the last page using the slider and you'll see Settings
3) Not needed. Just download from the remote first.

Read the getting started wiki:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_started_with_Xsight_and_Nevo

We have upgrade files for all your devices. Just search for the make and pick a similar model, i.e. AD-2100 will work fine for your AD-2200 as will any recent Panasonic BD, Yamaha AVR, Nvidia Shield and LG TV model.
Forssux

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
1) Home - Settings - About
2) Scroll to the last page using the slider and you'll see Settings
3) Not needed. Just download from the remote first.

Read the getting started wiki:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_started_with_Xsight_and_Nevo

We have upgrade files for all your devices. Just search for the make and pick a similar model, i.e. AD-2100 will work fine for your AD-2200 as will any recent Panasonic BD, Yamaha AVR, Nvidia Shield and LG TV model.

Thanks for the link, it's how I came in contact with this site and forum.
The settings can't be reached , I have no clue if it's in some software or on the ARRX18G remote itself. On the Remote I can't scroll..
If there's soft to be installed, I would like to know if there's a version compatible with windows 10a nd where to find.
The DVD that came with my remote doesn't work on Windows 10.
In "C:\Users\guyf\Downloads\RemoteMaster.v2.04build14\Images" I found a UCR 8603.jpg, but the drawing is ARRX18G are these the same and should I use UCR 8003 instead of ARRX18G?

Anyway thanks in advance, never thought there would be so fast an answer..
Guy
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That recessed line below the screen with little white arrows at each end is a touch sensitive scroll area. Put your finger at one end and slide to the other. You'll see Settings. If the scroll doesn't work, your remote is defective and should be replaced. Alternatively, Remote Master's error file will contain your firmware version after you do your first download.

Remote Master is linked in the references section of the wiki works on all versions of windows. But sounds like you already have it.

As the wiki says, the included DVD and EZ-RC traytool are obsolete and useless. RMIR is all the software you need besides Java runtime. You'll have to do the registry change in the wiki since you are running Windows 10.
Forssux

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed
Well that's embarrassing it's indeed a slide to left or wright and NOT a touch button.

Firmware: 1.3.10
Bootloader: 1.0.2
IR blaster: 3211ax7
IR Library: 1.2.11
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forssux wrote:
Embarassed
Well that's embarrassing it's indeed a slide to left or wright and NOT a touch button.

Naw - it is super weird - nothing to be embarrassed about!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: