JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Why Not My Remote?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnjonesdet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Why Not My Remote? Reply with quote

I have a OneForAll URC-44CXXXB02 remote for my General Instruments digital cable box. It doesn't appear in the list of programmable remotes on the Yahoo Groups site. Is this because there is some "electronic" reason it can't be programmed (it does have the 6-pin interface), or is it because no one has figured out yet HOW to program it?
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is supported under the name "Navigator".

See post http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/message/25863.

Alain
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Why Not My Remote? Reply with quote

johnjonesdet wrote:
I have a OneForAll URC-44CXXXB02 remote for my General Instruments digital cable box. It doesn't appear in the list of programmable remotes on the Yahoo Groups site. Is this because there is some "electronic" reason it can't be programmed (it does have the 6-pin interface), or is it because no one has figured out yet HOW to program it?
Hang on just a little while longer -- we've been woking on support for these remotes. The next release of KM is due any time now, and will have support for your Navigator URC-44000B02.
aberguerand wrote:
That was the theory Embarassed , but the current Navigator remote in KM does not work correctly for any of the Navigator remotes.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Why Not My Remote? Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
aberguerand wrote:
That was the theory Embarassed , but the current Navigator remote in KM does not work correctly for any of the Navigator remotes.
Does the Navigator in RM work?
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
johnjonesdet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Why Not My Remote? Reply with quote

OK. I just ordered a transfer cable yesterday, so I can wait a while <grin>.

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
johnjonesdet wrote:
Hang on just a little while longer -- we've been woking on support for these remotes. The next release of KM is due any time now, and will have support for your Navigator URC-44000B02.
aberguerand wrote:
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Why Not My Remote? Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
Does the Navigator in RM work?
I'll have to check that Greg. If you imported any particulars from prior KMs, then there might be problems (it mostly matches the URC-43000 version). I know you did not get the latest RDFs for them in your last release. Grab the ones out of the IR321a.zip that's in the files section now (not the IR321a.zip originally posted - it too was missing the latest RDFs). I'll post them in the RDFs folder when Mark posts the next KM version.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He already did, 7.55. How did you know 3.21a was revised again? According to the date, like 5 days ago. I never saw an announcement that 3.21a (the first one) or the revised 3.21a (second one) was done. Let us know when you post the rdfs, I was just there and didn't see them in the rdf folder.

Jim
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesgammel wrote:
He already did, 7.55. How did you know 3.21a was revised again? According to the date, like 5 days ago. I never saw an announcement that 3.21a (the first one) or the revised 3.21a (second one) was done. Let us know when you post the rdfs, I was just there and didn't see them in the rdf folder.

Jim
I just posted them now, all in one zip file:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/RDF%20Files/RDF_6805.zip

I know the 3.21a zip file was revised because I sent a revised version to Rob several days ago and he posted it. It was not announced because we were waiting for KM 7.55 to be finished first.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm, I just downloaded 3.21a again, unzipped, and it still only has one Mill4 rdf. I'll see if the ones you just posted in the rdf folder are there or not. At least both Mill4 rdfs are still in the rdf folder.(unless someone deleted them in the last 10 minutes).

Jim
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesgammel wrote:
Hmmmmm, I just downloaded 3.21a again, unzipped, and it still only has one Mill4 rdf. I'll see if the ones you just posted in the rdf folder are there or not. At least both Mill4 rdfs are still in the rdf folder.(unless someone deleted them in the last 10 minutes).

Jim
Jim, where in this thread were we discussing the Millenium 4s? The comment I made about the IR321a.zip file pertained only to the Navigators being discussed here.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said that 3.21a was revised. I don't see where any revision was done since I originally got 3.21a DAYS ago. It was missing a Mill4 rdf, and this oversight was never corrected. AND for what it's worth, I downloaded the rdf's you posted at JP-1 Yahoo rdf folder, and didn't see any of those in there either. The ones you posted were all RM compliant, whereas the ones I got 1/2 hr ago aren't. BTW, the intuitive rdf you posted is using a "generic" image map, and Nils posted an Intuitive image quite a while ago.

JUST in case the 3.21a download got messed up (from half hour ago), I'm gonna delete the zip I have and re-get it.

Jim
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I know you did not get the latest RDFs for them in your last release. Grab the ones out of the IR321a.zip that's in the files section now (not the IR321a.zip originally posted - it too was missing the latest RDFs)."

Downloaded and unzipped again, waste of time and effort. None of those rdf's you posted a little while ago are in 3.21a. Just to clarify, I'm talking about at the regular Yahoo JP-1 files, NOT JP1-KM. I did see a lot of difference between the ones you posted today in the zip vs. the ones in 3.21a.

Jim
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesgammel wrote:
Downloaded and unzipped again, waste of time and effort. None of those rdf's you posted a little while ago are in 3.21a.
OK, let me try to clarify the issue so that we can be done with it.

The initial posting of IR321a.zip did not contain updated RDFs for the Navigators and 15-1925 that had been previously posted in the JP1 RDF files folder. It contained interrim versions that did not have the information for the second signature in the EEPROM, and therefore indicated an advanced code area that was 4 bytes too big. I also checked the RM release RDFs and found the same thing to be true.

I supplied the later versions of these RDFs to Rob, and he re-posted the zip file.

I did not re-post the RDFs in the JP1 group at that point because I knew that they were undergoing changes due to the new KM support, and felt there would be less confusion if I waited a few days until KM 7.55 was finished.
jamesgammel wrote:
BTW, the intuitive rdf you posted is using a "generic" image map, and Nils posted an Intuitive image quite a while ago.
Sorry I screwed up the image map entry, but there were so many versions of the Intuitive RDF to choose from that it was difficult to tell which was the most correct. I must have overlooked the image map.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: