JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trashed remotes, any way to recover?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quartermain

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Trashed remotes, any way to recover? Reply with quote

I have two URC-7555 remotes, both damaged. I think it was my doing - I used to use a cable I got from Tommy Tyler with a 3x2 plug on the end, but that died after a couple of years of non-use, so I replaced it.

However the replacement has six separate single-pin connectors and it took me a while to find out which one to connect to which pin. During this time I tried a number of failing combinations and I think it was this which damaged the remotes. I also have a URC-7960 which I never used the new cable with until I'd got the connections right, and this is OK.

The symptoms are that only the TV device key works, no others. Plus it seems to remember previous programming - I set it to code 1650 (Panasonic) and then did a blink-back and it gave me 2001, which was the code for an upgrade I had previously had on that button. Even a Magic 981 factory reset doesn't help.

Is there any way to recover them or are they for the bin?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you read/write from the remote via the cable?

If so, try loading a "virgin" setup file into it. My guess is that you probably have one of the setup bits that we don't understand how they work set wrong. On the JP1.3 remotes there are several there that will cause the remote to do weird things. (although I don't think that is a JP1.3 remote)

I also know that on some remotes there is a "setup lock" that tells the remote not to allow changes to the setup codes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: