JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EZ-RC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatboy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: EZ-RC Reply with quote

I just got a xsight 15.I'm trying to get rid of the assist button. On EZ-RC website i see a place to login but not to create a new account. Does anyone have a login I could use or am i doing something wrong?
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I don't know much about xsights. Hope you get a better reply Smile and http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100356 may be relevant.

Looked at EZ-RC, which says the program is 'deprecated', meaning obsolete, so this may be why there is no facility to get a new account.

However the RDF file in the JP1 package does list 'ARRX15G XSight 15' so think you could use JP1's Remote Master/RMIR instead of EZ-RC:-

I have an old JP1 image for Xsight Colour which, in the Activities tab, has settings for 'Activity Assists' - so perhaps these could be left blank to turn them off.
chuliu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: EZ-RC Reply with quote

fatboy wrote:
I just got a xsight 15.I'm trying to get rid of the assist button. On EZ-RC website i see a place to login but not to create a new account. Does anyone have a login I could use or am i doing something wrong?

It looks like the site is no longer accepting new account application.
Moreover, the conduit.exe cannot be downloaded any more.

I can pm you my account details but I don't know if you have downloaded conduit.exe or not.
chuliu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: EZ-RC Reply with quote

Looks like you can download it here:

http://www.oneforall.com/conduit/conduit.exe

Please check pm and let me know when you have finished updating your remotes.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Assist button is a nuisance but you may have to put up with it. You need to upgrade the OS to get rid of it. That's about the only thing the upgrade does. Other users have said in posts that they can no longer log in to EZ-RC, so you may not be able to do the upgrade. If you do have success, please let us know in this forum.

All the setup of the XSight that you can do with EZ-RC can be done, usually more easily, with RMIR but RMIR cannot do the upgrade. Also you don't need conduit.exe to use RMIR, so whatever happens, you will be able to do all your setup even if you are stuck with the Assist button.
chuliu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
The Assist button is a nuisance but you may have to put up with it. You need to upgrade the OS to get rid of it. That's about the only thing the upgrade does. Other users have said in posts that they can no longer log in to EZ-RC, so you may not be able to do the upgrade. If you do have success, please let us know in this forum.

All the setup of the XSight that you can do with EZ-RC can be done, usually more easily, with RMIR but RMIR cannot do the upgrade. Also you don't need conduit.exe to use RMIR, so whatever happens, you will be able to do all your setup even if you are stuck with the Assist button.

Are we talking about nevo c2 or something else?
If it is nevo c2, I confirm that I can update it on ez-rc.com the other day after I received two nevo c2 in the mail.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if EZ-RC works with the Nevo C2 then it will work with all other remotes that are XSight Touch/Color or clones of these, of which the Nevo is one. Many thanks for the confirmation.
fatboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to upgrade the firmware. Thank You chuliu
brlamnr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone please pm a user account info so I can upgrade my C2?, I only need the new firmware. Thanks.
brlamnr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks chuliu, the site still works and I was able to upgrade the device.

Just in case anyone out there still wants to upgrade a C2, use Windows 7 or below, tried with Windows 10 (up to date as of 5/14/2017) and the remote is not recognized by the software (even after applying the registry changes).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: