JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Code for ViewTV AT-163 with Slingbox Pro HD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacknyc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Code for ViewTV AT-163 with Slingbox Pro HD Reply with quote

Hi,

I need the remote control .bin file for ViewTV AT-163 ASTC Digital TV Converter box with PVR.

Thanks,
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this ?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12672
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any good ?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still nothing. What incredibly bad manners Sad
jacknyc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm terribly sorry. I had the default forum settings which didn't notify me of your reply until you PMed me. Thanks for creating the bin file. I will try it later today and will let you know if it works.
jacknyc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed the PL bin file as I have a Slingbox Pro-HD. During the test setup, I swear I saw it change channel once, but I have not been able to get it to change channel again.

I'm not able to control the converter box at all. I then followed your troubleshooting steps and found that my IR blaster is not sending any signal out (no white flash from a camera viewfinder when I press a button on the virtual remote).

I will need to troubleshoot this with Sling. Hopefully they can figure out what's going on so I can go back to setting up the bin file that you provided. Sorry again for not responding to your posts sooner.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will tell you to just buy a new blaster ?
jacknyc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm worry its not just the IR blaster. I tried switching to a random cable box on their list and performed digital camera test while pressing buttons on the virtual remote. It did not light up.
jacknyc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I know the IR blaster works properly. I was able to dig up my old WDTV Live box and connected it to the Slingbox and it works perfectly. The same IR blaster used for WDTV Live box does not work with my ViewTV AT-163 ASTC Digital TV Converter box. So I need help setting up this custom file.

1. What model Slingbox do you have?
Slingbox Pro-HD

2. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button ?
None for the PL file, invalid custom file for the RV file (I know I'm suppose to use the PL file for my slingbox, but I tested the RV file as well just in case)

3. Did you give the commands plenty of time to react ? (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)
Yes, I counted 10 seconds after giving a command.

4. If you are using a Solo did you try both BIN files ?
Not using Solo

5. After completing the setup do any of the buttons work ?
The following buttons I tested didn't work: Power, Ch +/-, USB, Menu, Guide

6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box, have you used a Digital Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button ? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster thorugh the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash). If you are using a 350/500 have you tried using the external blaster ?
I confirmed using a digital camera the IR blaster did not flash with any of the buttons I tried.

7. Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster ? On some devices this is critical so don't give up too quickly.
I tried moving the IR blaster to 3 different locations on the ViewTV LCD panel. The buttons I tested did not work in all 3 locations.

8. Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote ?
Yes. I just powered on the ViewTV with the remote.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, your answer to Question 5 worries me. Are you saying that some of the other buttons DO work ? Or does nothing work ?
jacknyc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to mislead. I just tried all the buttons. I waited approximately 10 seconds after pressing each button on the virtual remote and none of the buttons work.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are all my ideas I'm afraid.
jacknyc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for trying. I may have to switch to the Tivo Roamio (OTA version announced today) but I really don't want to pay the subscription fee that I don't have to with Slingbox.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacknyc wrote:
Okay. I know the IR blaster works properly. I was able to dig up my old WDTV Live box and connected it to the Slingbox and it works perfectly. The same IR blaster used for WDTV Live box does not work with my ViewTV AT-163 ASTC Digital TV Converter box. So I need help setting up this custom file.

1. What model Slingbox do you have?
Slingbox Pro-HD

6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box, have you used a Digital Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button ? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster thorugh the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash). If you are using a 350/500 have you tried using the external blaster ?
I confirmed using a digital camera the IR blaster did not flash with any of the buttons I tried.

Doesn't this response indicate a bad irblaster?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently viewTV AT-163 uses different signals according to which vintage you have. Alan's upgrade uses Nec1 1.

I have this box, I saw there was an upgrade and didn't create another one. I wasn't using the box. Then I threw out my broken iView box, and apparently tossed the viewTV remote because I have the iView remote. Now I'm in a situation where I need the upgrade. When Alan's upgrade didn't work, I had a hunch that this was Nec1 0. After an exhaustive EFC search I now have all the functions. It is posted in the file section.

Note to self create an upgrade even if you don't need it. I always do, but apparently I don't.

BTW- There were several responses to this, the posters were posting in the file section, instead of the forum.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: