JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, would it be possible to add something to setup.vbs to fix that registry setting, if it's not already in there? And also, is there anyway that RMIR might know that this is the problem and maybe give a more detailed error message that suggests the registry fix to folks?
vbs_

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also thought it could be related to that USB power saving. I am testing on two machines and I upgraded both with Win10 Creators Updated recently so I thought maybe the setting was cleared.

So I knew about the problem and I used (again) this patch to fix USB:
http://www.oneforall.de/downloads/dl/file/id/348/urc8603_windows_8_1_10_verbindungs_patch.zip

Also I just applied the patch you provided but the problem still persists for me and I really think that build 10 and build 14 behave differently in that regard.

When I try raw download in build14 then either it hangs saying "Downloading..." or it finishes but there is zero data. Then I close build14 and open build10 (on the same machine). Then I do again raw download and it works!

I just did this 3 times:
start build10 and do raw download. Raw download works. close the program.
(3 repetitions)
now once: start build14, do raw download -> zero data Sad
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest that you create a fresh installation of RMIR v2.04 build 14, as I can only suppose there is something in your installation that is causing this behaviour. As I said in my previous post, I have tested a download of my XSight Touch with build 14 and with Enhanced Power Management disabled, and it works as expected. I also have not made any changes to the raw download process for XSight remotes between builds 10 and 14.

I would be grateful if other users reading this thread who have an XSight Touch (or similar remote such as a Nevo) could also test downloading with RMIR v2.04 build 14 and report here whether they have problems with it. If they do, I will try to see if there is anything in common that could be causing this problem when I am not experiencing it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Graham, would it be possible to add something to setup.vbs to fix that registry setting, if it's not already in there? And also, is there anyway that RMIR might know that this is the problem and maybe give a more detailed error message that suggests the registry fix to folks?

I don't think including something in setup.vbs would solve the problem, as the setting appears to revert to Enabled spontaneously under certain (unknown) circumstances. I had it disabled and XSight downloading working recently, yet today I found it was enabled and had to disable it again.

I don't know whether RMIR could read the registry setting and give a warning message, but I will look into this as I think it is a better approach than via setup.vbs.
vbs_

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I suggest that you create a fresh installation of RMIR v2.04 build 14, as I can only suppose there is something in your installation that is causing this behaviour.

Hm I can test whatever helps and I will try again to fiddle with it and maybe I can find the difference, but what do you mean by "installation"? I usually download only a ZIP with RMIR and extract it to a random folder.
Is there somewhere an installation routine I could execute so maybe it will setup some stuff in the background?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The zip includes a file called Setup.vbs which creates some shortcuts and other stuff.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried build 14 with my Xsight Touch, and it works normally.

Keep in mind that each Xsight/Nevo model has a different PID in the registry. Your posted reg file is for PID 8001 only, which is the OAR brand Xsight Touch. Wouldn't work on my AR brand Xsight Touch which is PID 8005.

I don't know about your Win 10 Creators, but mine won't let me run any dot reg files even though I'm an administrator. So it's possible the file isn't actually doing anything.

I highly recommend you just open the registry and change the value manually on all PIDs under VID 06E7, then unplug your cable and plug back in.
vbs_

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I really tested back and forth and I agree that it sounds strange that it works for you guys but not for me.

1. It is really the case that raw download works flawlessly for me with build10 but does not work with build14. I have put both JARs in the same extracted folder and named them "RemoteMaster_10.jar" and "RemoteMaster_14.jar".
When I start ..._10.jar it works, when starting ..._14.jar it does not. I think the USB setting must be ok when it works with build10, no?

This is the extracted directory I am using:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx1EXisIiewrTXA0UkhzSkFtZWs/view?usp=sharing

(I can upload to your file section also but I didn't think the file is worth to preserve for the future)

2. I verified in regedit that "EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled" is set to 0. In my case it is brand OneForAll so I think 8001 should be fine? Also I see a device 8001 in the Windows device manger when the remote is connected.
Looks like this:
[img]http://imgur.com/c7OFIe1[/img]

I am really out of ideas Sad Must be something stupid on my side Sad

Last edited by vbs_ on Mon May 08, 2017 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for confirmation, the XSight Touch that downloads for me with build 14 is the same as yours, PID 8001, so whatever the issue is, it isn't to do with it not working on remotes with PID 8001 but working with other brands/models. Putting both jar files in the same extracted folder seems a pretty good test, so I accept that the issue is real but have no idea what it can be.

Just for interest, as I have no idea if it will make a difference, please try development build 16. Once again the code for downloading an XSight hasn't changed from that of builds 10 and 14, but anything is worth a try at this stage.
vbs_

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tested build16 but unfortunately it also does not work for me, sorry.
vbs_

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing I have noticed (don't know if relevant): Always when the raw download takes place there is this gentle sizzling noise coming from the remote which lasts about 3-4 seconds. I can also hear that noise when build14 is executing the raw download so I assume the communication to the remote is actually taking place. But when the noise ends then no data appears in RMIR.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do a raw download attempt with build 14, close RMIR and post the rmaster.err file that you will then find in your RMIR installation folder. There may be a clue in that as to what is going on, but at present I am mystified. I will do one more test later today, when I have time, by loading into my XSight Touch your setup from the successful raw download that you posted, and see if that downloads for me under build 14. When I did the download before, it was with whatever setup was in the remote. I can't see how the actual setup can make a difference, if nothing is appearing, but it is just possible. Grasping for straws at this stage Crying or Very sad .
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another thing for you to try, to help me with diagnostics. I have re-posted development builds 11, 12 and 13 in the development folder. Please try using the JAR files from these in your installation folder that has builds 10 and 14, and let me know which is the first of these for which download fails.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I will do one more test later today, when I have time, by loading into my XSight Touch your setup from the successful raw download that you posted, and see if that downloads for me under build 14.

I have now done this and your setup does download under build 14. Well, actually I did it under build 16 but you have said that doesn't work for you either.

So I wait for your tests with builds 11, 12, 13 and for the rmaster.err file in order to investigate further.
vbs_

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Please do a raw download attempt with build 14, close RMIR and post the rmaster.err file that you will then find in your RMIR installation folder.

Ok, I did that and I think it looks kinda promising. There is a NullPointer Exception in there after the download ended:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14529

I'll proceed testing build 11-13 now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 40 of 45

Jump to: