JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

codes for tv (mitsubishi ws-65313)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyimted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: codes for tv (mitsubishi ws-65313) Reply with quote

hi all -

this is my very first foray into jp1 territory, so forgive me if i'm doing something stupid -- which is very likely. Smile

i looked in the files > device codes > tv section and didn't see any for my model tv.

i also read somewhere that i may already (somehow) have the info i need ... but i don't know how to determine that.

anyway, any suggestions welcome.

thx,

ted

ps - this looks like fun. my girlfriend is already rolling her eyes...
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model jp1 remote do you have?
Can you learn a few keys from the original remote?
What brand and model TV do you have?
hyimted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johns - you're becoming my new favorite friend. Wink

1. ofa 8811
2. i'm pretty sure i can ... have been playing with the ir and km instead.
3. mits ws-65313 (65" widescreen)

[edit] i should mention i just found a file for a different model tv, but it has some basic functions, but i'd like to assign it more (like direct access to my dvi connection, etc...)

thx!
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first two questions were a step toward various more advanced methods in case you had an obscure device.

As you seem to have discovered, you don't need an exact model number match for a mits TV. Most of the commands are the same from one model to the next.

I'm sure there has been plenty of discussion of discrete input commands for mits TV's in the RC discrete forum
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/list.cgi
So you might try a search of that forum. If you find command numbers there, they will be what we call OBC numbers. If you find Pronto Hex there, use IRTool.exe to get the OBC or EFC.

You might even find mits TV input discretes in this forum. I don't remember whether those have been discussed here.
hyimted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx john ... i'll keep diggin' around! as always, thx!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: codes for tv (mitsubishi ws-65313) Reply with quote

hyimted wrote:
i also read somewhere that i may already (somehow) have the info i need ... but i don't know how to determine that.

Have you read this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might also look in this thread particularly on the second page. It has a listing of many Mitsubishi commands and some specifics on problems encountered on some Mitsubishi RPTV's with the built in protocol using the NET commands. The OBC's and EFC's are correct for either version of the IR protocol. There also is a link to a device upgrade.
hyimted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx guys. i did read the beginner's jp1 guide (it's how i figured out how to use the km and ir -- very well written).

but, i don't think i'm getting the steps down when i'm given the obc and efc codes. for example, on the thread you listed, someone gave the dtv input as "121 009 DTV Input" (obc efc function).

i guess i'm not clear on how to use that info on the km. i added the function and values on the FUNCTIONS tab, then mapped it to a key (m1) on the BUTTONS tab.

i'm guessing i need to make some additional changes on the SETUP tab, but i'm not sure what. here's what i have.

remote = urc-881x
device type = tv
setup codes = 0000
button codes = 0000
protocol name = mitsubishi
device code = blank

i assume once i get all this info right on the km, then i simply add it to a new DEVICE in the ir application?

if anyone has a link to step-by-step info on this, i'd appreciate it. i've been pretty much through all the jp1 docs on hifi-remote.com, but i wouldn't say i've read them "word-for-word". Wink

thx!
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hyimted wrote:
... on the thread you listed, someone gave the dtv input as "121 009 DTV Input" (obc efc function).

i guess i'm not clear on how to use that info on the km. i added the function and values on the FUNCTIONS tab, then mapped it to a key (m1) on the BUTTONS tab.

You add either OBC OR EFC in the second column depending on what you select in "button code" (but not both since KM will calculate the other)

Quote:
i'm guessing i need to make some additional changes on the SETUP tab, but i'm not sure what. here's what i have.

remote = urc-881x

Yes

Quote:
device type = tv

That's fine, but it could be any device -- that choice drives what buttons are available. "Cable" gives you the most.

Quote:
setup codes = 0000

While that would work you should avoid a setup code that is commonly used. TV/0000 is the main Sony TV setup code, but the setup code is an arbitrary number of your choosing. FYI, a device upgrade will have precedece over a built in setup code, so if you were also trying to control a Sony TV, assigning TV/0000 to a Mitsubishi TV would cause it NOT to work for a Sony.

We usually add 1000 to the regular code so TV/1150 would be the convention.

Quote:
button codes = 0000

I don't know how you got that setting. It should be a pull down menu with a choice of OBC OR EFC.

Quote:
protocol name = mitsubishi

Yes

Quote:
device code = blank

OK, I should have put the device and protocol above that command list (and I just did) its Mitsubishi:71 (Mitsubishi Protocol: device =71).

So that should be 71

Quote:
i assume once i get all this info right on the km, then i simply add it to a new DEVICE in the ir application?

Yes but you would need to assign TV 1150 to the TV device button and also "upload" the configuration to your 8811.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:

You add either OBC OR EFC in the second column depending on what you select in "button code" (but not both since KM will calculate the other)

There are some situations (but not for Mitsubishi TV's) in which one of EFC or OBC has some advantage over the other. There are data sources (but not this one from Jon) that provide only one of the two. In this case, just flip a coin, then be consistent about the choice through the whole upgrade.

jon_armstrong wrote:

Quote:
device type = tv

That's fine, but it could be any device -- that choice drives what buttons are available. "Cable" gives you the most.

"What bottons are available" just means which buttons can be defined in the way that takes less eeprom space. The buttons that are not "available" work just as well. They just take up KeyMove space in the eeprom.

But Jon has an important point that the "device type" of an upgrade can be whichever type you feel like using. There is no need to make it match the actual device that your setting up.

jon_armstrong wrote:

While that would work you should avoid a setup code that is commonly used. TV/0000 is the main Sony TV setup code, but the setup code is an arbitrary number of your choosing. FYI, a device upgrade will have precedece over a built in setup code, so if you were also trying to control a Sony TV, assigning TV/0000 to a Mitsubishi TV would cause it NOT to work for a Sony.

We usually add 1000 to the regular code so TV/1150 would be the convention.

Simplest is just select any setup code number you're not using for some other device. It's easy enough to change later if it conflicts later. (Following some convention for selecting setup code numbers that others will understand is useful only when you're ready to give a copy of your upgrade to someone else.)

Quote:

Yes but you would need to assign TV 1150 to the TV device button and also "upload" the configuration to your 8811.

By "TV 1150" Jon means whatever type and number you select on KM's setup sheet must also be put an IR's setup sheet for the right device button (which we assume is TV). For an obscure reason (meaning I don't want to explain it) if your upgrade includes any keys that need KeyMoves, IR will ask you what device button you want to use and then fix its setup sheet itself. But if the upgrade doesn't include KeyMoves, IR doesn't ask and you need to remember to change IR's setup sheet yourself.
hyimted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx guys .. i'll give this a try later and let ya know what happens. appreciate it....
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: