JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do I get EFC codes for built in devices (RCA RCU810B)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryanosman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: How do I get EFC codes for built in devices (RCA RCU810B) Reply with quote

My first day actually using JP1 after planning on doing so for a couple years. Finally found a remote I think I can build my control architecture around. Now...

Let's say I want to map a key on my satellite page (for example the play button) to a function on my AUD page (choose the next surround mode on my TEAC receiver/tuner). So I want to map the bound key (play button on SAT page) to the 'TEAC next surround mode' code (built in to the remote), but IR.exe asks me for the EFC code. How do I figure out what that is? Now here's the catch - it's a device that isn't listed anywhere on the net that I've seen. (TEAC AG-D9100 receiver) I can program the remote in my hand and tell it use TUNER device #480 on the AUD page, and I can then press the '9' key and away it goes, but how do I tell IR what the EFC code for that is so I can have that functionality on other pages? I can learn the code into the remote & then keymove it, but that seems like a waste of space when the code is already in the remote somewhere - I just need to know how to access it.

Thanks!
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you learned the signal, IR will tell you the efc on the learned signals tab. Click on the learned key in the left column, and in the right top box Ir will display: protocol, device(s), OBC, and EFC.

If you're using a native setup code, you may find the efc for a funtion at Rob's site under setup codes and advance codes. The 810 uses an OFFSET in setup code numbers from normal ueic setup code numbers. The rdf for the 810 will tell you what that offset is, I have a hard time keeping it in memory since I don't have one of these remotes.

Jim
ryanosman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, thanks for your reply, I appreciate the help.

I had a huge reply typed in here, then when I found the EFCs I deleted it all.

So thanks again - I think you just saved me a couple hours of work.

I'm figuring this stuff out at roughly the same speed I'm finding the info, so just on the verge of asking more unnecessary questions all day.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, if your looking for something the oem remote will do, I've found it's a lot faster just to learn and decode the signal than do any web search. I can learn and decode a whole remote full of signals faster than booting up, getting online, getting to any site, then searching thru the site for the appropriate codes. Web searches are at their best if you don't have the oem remote to learn from.

BTW, did you ever check the pronto ccf files at Remote Central for your teac device? Other than The "other" Rob's site for sony devices the pronto ccf files at RC is probably the best site to snatch codes for devices.

Glad you got your little problem worked out.

Jim
ryanosman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and how do you get from ccf data to efc data?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a ccf file, run the CCF2EFC program against it, that will create a text file containing all the protocol info, device codes and EFC/OBC codes.
ryanosman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet. thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: