JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Common JP1.3 Extender V3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure. The one device upgrade file I saw was for a wrong remote not closely related to his Atlas.
I forgot all details of working this stuff 6 months ago, but there have been major changes from extender v2 to v3 in key numbers. So at least for me, I did need to edit and resave the upgrade files using a correct RDF for the new extender version. And I gather that process worked here as well.
rodenti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Is the main point here that he selected the right remote, or that he selected the extended version of the remote? Because it shouldn't make a difference, right?

Here is what I believe caused the problem I encountered and how it was resolved.

I had my OCAP 1056B01 remote programmed with extender 2.11 and wanted to try out 3.03 so I opened each device from 2.11 and saved them as individual .rmdu files.

I then took the unextended base image from the same remote and added extender 3.03. Then I proceeded to add all the .rmdu devices to the remote. I assumed that RMIR would automatically import the 2.11 device files into the 3.03 extender. I clicked New under devices, then from the Device Upgrade Editor screen clicked Open to bring in each .rmdu file. RMIR showed that each device was imported properly into the 3.03 extender, but when uploaded to the remote it caused the remote to act strangely.

To get extender 3.03 to work I had to open each .rmdu device file in Remote Master and save them as extender 3.03 versions, then I imported these new files into the 3.03 extended version of the remote.

The remote now works fine with the 3.03 extender.

In all cases I was using the correct files for the remote based on the signatures:
- 30333033 for the unextended OCAP (this was the base I used)
- 3A333A33 for OCAP extender 2.11 (this was the version I took the devices from)
- 3X333X33 for OCAP extender 3.03 (this was the version I tried to create)
Atlas 1056B01 (JP1.3)
Atlas 1056B03 (JP2)
URC-2125BC0
and many others... I may be addicted to JP1.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be interesting to see the before image (that didn't work) and the after image (that does) to see what actually changed.
rodenti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I think it would be interesting to see the before image (that didn't work) and the after image (that does) to see what actually changed.

The non-working image was already uploaded and I just uploaded the working image:

Non-working: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13572
Working: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13578
Atlas 1056B01 (JP1.3)
Atlas 1056B03 (JP2)
URC-2125BC0
and many others... I may be addicted to JP1.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Version 3.04 is almost done Reply with quote

I've been working (slowly) on cleaning up a whole bunch of things in the common JP1.3 extender. There were quite a few miscellaneous bugs in the RDF's, the interruptible pause didn't really work right, I found a few bugs in the source code and I've added support for the 3494 and 3565 Inteset remotes (although I do not have a 3494 to test with) Most of these bugs were never reported so I assume they were in areas that people didn't use so for most people there will be no difference between 3.03 and 3.04 with the exception that the interruptible pause now appears to work (I've tested it on the 3147 and 3060 remotes so far)

If anyone wants to volunteer to run their remote through its paces with the new extender PM me with your email and I'll drop you a ZIP file

If you have the 3494 remote there is a remote chance that it'll get bricked during activation. If you have one and want a special test version of the extender that minimizes this chance PM me and we can work something out.

This extender supports:

Atlas 3000 and 3033
Comcast 3039
Insignia 3147
RCA 3179
Inteset 3494 and 3565
RS 15-100 3060
RS 15-13x 3085 (in three variants)

One thing that I'm still debating is doing the same thing I did for the 15-13x on the two newer Inteset remotes with 3565 signatures. they are different and they have different key sets. I could easily make a 3X65 for one and a 3Y65 for the other as I did with the Radio shack so that once you upload the right extender the remote will always self-identify. (versus having to choose the right RDF to match the one you have)

Comments on this?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and one other question

There are tons of empty space on all of these remotes for more "phantom" keys should I want to put them in there. Right now there are 10, most of which can't be shifted or XShifted. New ones would have the same restriction. But there's nothing stopping me from adding another 10 or 20 phantom keys other than I've never seen the need for a lot more in any of my remote configurations.

thoughts on this welcome as well.
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much in advance. Would like to try with both 3494 and 3565 Inteset remotes and have emailed to ask for a zip.
btw think another 10 phantoms could be handy, provided that would not be too much extra work.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tranx has been testing on 3565 and 3147 remotes, anyone else? I'm especially interested in someone with the 3494 remote to give it a try since it's never been tried.

I'll add the extra 10 Phantom keys (now Ph1-Ph20) when I release the extender

One note on the interruptible pause. I found it quite difficult to not get a key "bounce" from the key that triggered the pause but when I'm testing I just map a couple of delays to keys without anything else. In macro's it might be better. But it does seem to work now.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 3565 extender

If I make two versions of it to match the remote buttons I then have the question of what to do about the keylists. The buttons that get changed from the -1 to the -2 are all of the PIP buttons. So I can either:

1: use those symbol buttons as members of the PIP keylist and keep the Set_PIP to allow you to set those on both remotes

2: put the symbol buttons into the Other keylist on the -2 variant and remove the Set_PIP key (i.e. only have 5 Set_ keys instead of 6)

Opinions?

(item 1 is easier since it's really just making a new RDF and a new hex file that then references that RDF, item 2 is a bit harder but since the extender does already support remotes without PIP keys it's not too hard since the conditional assembly is still in there, I just need to touch up how the lists get made.)
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
On the 3565 extender

If I make two versions of it to match the remote buttons I then have the question of what to do about the keylists. The buttons that get changed from the -1 to the -2 are all of the PIP buttons. So I can either:

1: use those symbol buttons as members of the PIP keylist and keep the Set_PIP to allow you to set those on both remotes

2: put the symbol buttons into the Other keylist on the -2 variant and remove the Set_PIP key (i.e. only have 5 Set_ keys instead of 6)....

I only have Inteset 422-2 (3565) not Inteset 422-1 (3565) or 422 (3494), and have only started testing 422-2 3565, not Insignia (3147)
The Common Extender ReadMe says:-
KEY SETS:
=========
T = Rewind,Play,FastFWD,Stop,Pause,Record,Replay,Live,skipfwd
V = Vol+,Vol-,Mute
C = digits,Ch+,CH-,Enter,dash, Last,input
M = List,Up,Down,Left,Right,OK,Menu, Page+,Page-,Day+,Day-,Guide,Info
P = PIP on/off, PIP swap, PIP move, PIP Ch+, PIP Ch-
O = A,B,C,D,Macro1/2,OnDemand,Phantomkeys,DiscreteOn/Off,Power,Setup

Given: "...The buttons that get changed from the -1 to the -2 are all of the PIP buttons..." e.g. on 422-2 they are 5 keys labelled with symbols: star, disc, triangle, diamond, square, plus 'Eject' 'Live' and 'Zoom' (while 'Live' also appears in set 'T' in the Common Extender ReadMe).....

Option 1- would seem very convenient and maybe the ReadMe could
include "(on Insignia/Inteset 'P' = the 8 buttons in the lower panel')"

Could you possibly sort out the jumble of labels for the phantom key section of RMIR's layout page? Do some of them mirror settings on other keys so they can't be used? and can the Phantom keys carry a different set of functions in different devices (so far a keymove from A,Phantom1 has worked - but not an additional different keymove from C,Phantom1 to the same button in another device)?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That table needs a lot of work, always has.

I need to go back into the code and the ROM keyless and really look up what each remote has in each list and probably need to "color" the JP1.3 keylist that I ship with the extender.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the keymove vs normal key topic

There are lists of keys that are "valid" keys for each device type that are built into the remote We can't change those lists. Sometimes the remote has used a key code that we use for a Phantom for something special on one device so it's a "valid" key for the TV device and would need to be a key move for the CBL device.
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks

(Edited 15.4.2017)
I had supposed the problem to be with Pause, which seems to have been a red herring.

With my setup and Int-422-2 un-extended, a pair of example two-stage macros work fine but, when extended, it is only the second command in a similar macro which can can be effective, that is, when the relevant physical button is held down for an extra moment. Perhaps some sort of lack of sufficient duration?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your file has two "pause" specials on the same key. the first is a 1.0 second duration and the second is a 3.0 second duration.

In memory the extender (and the unextended remote for that matter) will only search until it finds something that matches. Thus it finds the first one and quits. In your configuration the 1.0 second pause is in memory first so that's the one that it's getting. Is that long enough?
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.That's quite right and I now see that with both in place on the same key, only the first (1 sec) would count. Also right that eventually various pauses up to 35 secs will be needed. By mistake that was redundancy while just trying to get a macro including a pause to work.

However concluded that the 'pause problem' was a red herring. That was because two stage macros (without pause) give the same outcomes: in an un-extended configuration both commands in a macro working normally, but in the similar extended configuration the first command not working and the second command was only working if the physical button was held down for an extra moment.

Apologies again that, without having posted the files, should probably not have mentioned any of this in the forum, so hope it's ok to continue by pm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: