JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caloyzki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
caloyzki wrote:
I still using the same usb cord from before. Im not sure about windows i am still on windows xp. About the XsIgHT registry how to reset that one? Where i have to go?it could be i changed usb port. What should i do? Reset the remote? Thanks
Sorry, I saw "version 10" in your other post and assumed Windows 10. No registry change is needed for XP.

Try fresh batteries.

I can't look at your file until evening time in the US.

Samething happened. Changed new batteries still got the error message wheb uploading the remote. Should i reset my remote? I. Afraid i cant get the same functiins what i have now. Sad

Edit: i just removed the latest tivo i add on my remote and after that RMIR read my remote. Strange. And i re do the tivo programa again and now RMIR reads remote right away. Hmmmm
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@vbs_

Thank you for the raw download, but it has puzzled me. You wrote:

Quote:
I can download the current config from the remote and then re-upload it again without problems, everything works fine. BUT when I save the configuration to disk as an .rmir file and load that file again then my RF-buttons do not work anymore

I find the following. I can load your setup into RMIR from your raw download, and can then save it as a .rmir file. But when I try to re-load that .rmir file, first I get a warning message about a wrong variant in the RDF and then, on accepting the warning, the loading fails and gives an error message.

I have traced this behaviour to an error in protocols.ini for the protocol with PID=00FD that is used by your Lights device. This error is responsible both for the warning and for the loading failure. I have posted here an amended version of protocols.ini for you to test. Please replace the file in the installation folder for RMIR with this one and see if you still have problems with the RF feature.

I have no means of testing whether RF works, after this amendment, but here is what I have found. Saving and re-loading a .rmir file for your configuration does make a change to the configuration, but the change is only that three macros are deleted that appear to be no longer used. These macros do not show up in the Macros tab of RMIR and are not saved in the .rmir file. They are macros with the names "Alle an", "Alles aus" and "Rot an". (I presume you are in Germany?) I cannot see how deleting these unused macros can have any effect, so my hope is that all should now be well.

Please test and let us know what you find. If you still have problems, I will have to see if I can investigate further how the RF feature works.
vbs_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I also had those PID-errors with the stock protocols.ini. 3FG was so kind to post a fixed version here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=127871#127871

So that is the version I was using (which also is the current trunk version I think). Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that! Embarassed

But your protocols.ini seems to be working in regards to RF after saving/loading! Big thanks for that!! I just tested like 3 or 4 times back and forth (with trunk-protocols.ini and your protocols.ini). One time RF was not working after uploading but then I re-uploaded the same config and then it worked (maybe I messed something up). And one time the remote rebooted suddenly after uploading the config (probably unrelated).

So again big thanks!! Looks fine now! I guess I will sleep much better now that I know I can preserve my configs Smile
I'll keep testing and report back if I still find issues!
rmalbers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Nevo C2 - RMIR and icons Reply with quote

I got my Nevo C2 a couple of days ago and I have it doing basically everything I need it to thanks to all the threads of info here, wiki and avsforum! One thing, and maybe it's because my firmware is older, it's 1.3.7 (and I can't add a 'new user' to EZ to get firmware), is that, using RMIR: 1) I can add icons to devices under the General tab but they don't show up after downloading to the remote. Maybe the Nevo C2 doesn't support icons?
2) On Favorites I can't even add an icon. When I click on the icon box for the TV channel it selects and all I get is a very small rectangle box. (I read a thread that was very old that actually showed a screen print of it but I can't find that thread to link to to save my life!). Obviously these two things are just for looks so I'm not to hung up on it but I'm wondering if I am missing something silly. I'm using RMIR v2.04 build 10.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Nevo C2 - RMIR and icons Reply with quote

rmalbers wrote:
I got my Nevo C2 a couple of days ago and I have it doing basically everything I need it to thanks to all the threads of info here, wiki and avsforum! One thing, and maybe it's because my firmware is older, it's 1.3.7 (and I can't add a 'new user' to EZ to get firmware), is that, using RMIR: 1) I can add icons to devices under the General tab but they don't show up after downloading to the remote. Maybe the Nevo C2 doesn't support icons?
2) On Favorites I can't even add an icon. When I click on the icon box for the TV channel it selects and all I get is a very small rectangle box. (I read a thread that was very old that actually showed a screen print of it but I can't find that thread to link to to save my life!). Obviously these two things are just for looks so I'm not to hung up on it but I'm wondering if I am missing something silly. I'm using RMIR v2.04 build 10.

1) Nevo C2 does support icons. Could be the older firmware causing your problem.
2) Change the Motif to get the icon box to work

The only other thing that I know of that doesn't work with older firmwares in IR is the ability to hide the Assist buttons on the activities tab.
vbs_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I feel bad but I have another (small) issue:
Some of my function names contain german umlauts (ä, ö, ü). When I download the config from my remote then those umlauts get displayed correctly in RMIR and also I can enter them without problems in RMIR but after I uploaded the configuration to my remote then on the LCD the umlauts are displayed as '?' characters.

So "Sättigung" is displayed as "S?ttigung" on the LCD. So probably a character encoding problem. Those umlauts worked fine with the EZ-RC website, so I guess technically the Xsight is capable of displaying them.
rmalbers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Nevo C2 - RMIR and icons Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
rmalbers wrote:

1) Nevo C2 does support icons. Could be the older firmware causing your problem.
2) Change the Motif to get the icon box to work

The only other thing that I know of that doesn't work with older firmwares in IR is the ability to hide the Assist buttons on the activities tab.

Ok, thanks for that, I changed to Classic 'look' and got channel icons to work! (I should have thought of that!) The device icons are still not showing up but I'm fine with that. I really do like this remote, it really does everything I need and ordered another for the living room now that I have RMIR figured out. BTW: I do have the 'Assist' bug but I saw that discussed in a thread and can easily live with it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vbs_ wrote:
So probably a character encoding problem. Those umlauts worked fine with the EZ-RC website, so I guess technically the Xsight is capable of displaying them.

Is it possible for you to do a raw download from a setup in which these characters ARE displaying correctly? At least we could then see the source of the problem, but I make no guarantees that it can be solved. It may be an issue with Java rather than the RMIR coding itself.
vbs_

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems I was wrong, it is a bit strange actually:
First, EZ-RC and RMIR behave exactly the same (so no bug Smile).
Umlauts actually do work fine when used in names for activities but they do not work (displayed as '?') when used as macro names, strange. So it seems to be a bug of the remote itself.
Thanks anyway!
Is there a link or something where you accept donations? I could not find anything. I would like to buy you guys a drink or similar Wink
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vbs_ wrote:
Is there a link or something where you accept donations? I could not find anything. I would like to buy you guys a drink or similar Wink

No, we don't accept donations. Our reward is the good feedback that we get from those that we help. But thanks for the thought Smile .
henfri

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I just wanted to provide feedback how I solved this:
henfri wrote:

I am very surprised that there are different codes for diffent regions. Why should that be done? These Code-DBs are complex enough already without this.

I remembered that I once had funny characters in my remote display after changing the configuration and uploading it via EZ-RC.

Although in this thread we reset the remote several times, I still had the problem of different codes working for me than for others.

I was finally able to fix this by setting up a new account in EZ-RC.
Something was screwed up there that could not be resloved by creating a new configuration there.

Regards,
Hendrik
vbs_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played around with RMIR this weekend alot and was able to convert my learned button configurations to nice device upgrades which is really clean now, great!

But there is some basic stuff I cannot get straight in my head though. Maybe I can ask some questions and maybe things will clear up for me. It is about EZ-RC's database of device upgrades and how to preserve them if the site goes away soon.

- since I can add new devices using the remote itself offline (without EZ-RC/RMIR), somewhere inside the remote there has to be a database with device upgrades, right? Is it somehow possible to see them or extract them in RMIR? When I download my remote config in RMIR then in the tab "Devices" I can only see device upgrades I am currently using (5 right now).

- when using EZ-RC, am I using then UEI's "secret" online database of device upgrades which is independent from the database embedded in the remote itself? I guess the online database is updated regularly while the DB in my remote is years old since the last firmware update.

- I know in the files section you have a quite sophisticated list of device upgrade files, but I guess UEI's database (accessible by EZ-RC) is much larger. So it will still be quite sad for XSight users (even with great RMIR) to lose access to that, no? Can it be preserved in some way?

- when I configure a device using EZ-RC and then go to the button configuration then I have LOTS of functions to choose from (for example HDMI1 - HDMI6):

But when I load the config into RMIR and go to the button sections then I can only choose functions that are already assigned somewhere on the remote (for example only HDMI1, no 2 - 6):

So I configured some devices in EZ-RC and then went to RMIR and saved them as device upgrade files (for preservation). But it seems I still lose all functions that are not currently assigned to any button. Sad

Again big thanks guys!!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vbs_ wrote:
Maybe I can ask some questions and maybe things will clear up for me. It is about EZ-RC's database of device upgrades and how to preserve them if the site goes away soon.

I don't understand what you are worried about. You only need device upgrades for the equipment you have. If you get new equipment and there is no built-in upgrade for it, we can create one. We can create upgrades corresponding to any OEM remote that you may have, now or in the future. So can you, it seems, as you say you have already converted learned configurations to nice upgrades. Many RMIR users never bother with the built-in upgrades anyway as they usually need some tweaking and they find it simpler to create one from scratch than do the tweaking. So I don't see that loss of access to the EZ-RC database to be a matter of any concern.

As to your specific questions, with the remote itself you can search by device type and make for all the upgrades that are built in to the remote. If you want to see them by their code, e.g. TV/1234 rather than the type and make, open the Code Selector in RMIR (the last button on the button bar). That will give you a list of the built-in codes for each device type, and will translate that to the type, make and position in the list for that type and make if you need to load it into the remote. Yes, the EZ-RC database is more up-to-date, but not very so as the XSight remotes have not been supported for some years now.

As to functions, in EZ-RC you assign the functions you want to the buttons you want to perform that function. Why do you want to save functions that you don't assign to a button, i.e. don't want to use? I take it this is again a question of not wanting to lose information that you may want in future, but in RMIR you can create any function you need, getting its code from a learned signal or some other means. If you want a really easy way to read the signal sent by any remote, without having the hassle of reading it as a learned signal, you could get an IR Widget - a fantastic device but primarily of use to us geeks in the forum that play with these things all the time rather than the ordinary user who sets up their universal remote and then doesn't need to touch it till they replace their equipment.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UEI has a much larger database of remote codes than they could possibly squeeze into a single remote, and they are constantly dropping old codes and adding new ones to the list that they potentially put in remotes at the factory, so you are correct that there is a much larger pool of codes available on the ez-rc site.

However, there are tons of JP1 users out there with learning remotes, like the Nevo C2, so when people buy a new device and find that there isn't a code in their remote for it, they build one using learned signals and (hopefully) load it up here in the JP1 file section. (Don't forget to load your device upgrades).

So, while having the ez-rc codes available is certainly nice to have, we'll get by without it.
vbs_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answers guys, I feel more confident now Smile It is fine for now I am sure and it will work in the future too. Sorry, I am sometimes more concerned then it would be reasonable...

mathdon wrote:

As to your specific questions, with the remote itself you can search by device type and make for all the upgrades that are built in to the remote. If you want to see them by their code, e.g. TV/1234 rather than the type and make, open the Code Selector in RMIR (the last button on the button bar).

Oh thats cool, I missed that, thanks!

mathdon wrote:

Why do you want to save functions that you don't assign to a button, i.e. don't want to use? I take it this is again a question of not wanting to lose information that you may want in future, but in RMIR you can create any function you need, getting its code from a learned signal or some other means.

I think I was concerned about codes/functions the original remote do not offer. Especially those discrete codes that let you turn off your TV for example (instead of toggling on/off). Often the original remotes do not offer them. I sometimes had luck finding them in the device config on EZ-RC. But yes, you are right, there will be a way to still get them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 37 of 45

Jump to: