JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer Mix?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Pioneer Mix? Reply with quote

I came across a Pioneer Car Stereo remote control for a DEH-x7800BHS stereo. It was considerably different than the Pioneer car stereo upgrade we have in the file section, so I was attempting to create an upgrade, but for the life of me I can't figure out what to do with these signals.

Some keys shoot 1 device 1 OBC
others shoot two signals, Sometimes they decode as Pioneer others Nec2.

This is my ICT file. What kind of pioneer upgrade would this be?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14434

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this can be confusing, because Pioneer Mix has been distributed in 5 Variants with differing methods of entry. Also, the Pioneer protocol has both single and double frame signals.
We've chosen to name the first frame of a double frame signals as the "prefix". Usually, the prefix signal uses just one device number and a limited set of OBCs, while the secon frame will typically use different OBCs for every function.

In your case, with the double frame signals, the device number for the prefix is 173 and the OBCs are 25 and 151. The second frame uses device 175. As it happens, the device number for the single frame signals is also 173.

Using Pioneer Mix variant 4 or 5, enter 173 into P0 (this is the prefix device number). Enter 25 and 151 into devOBC1 and devOBC2. Enter 173 into DevP2 (this is the single frame device number). On the Functions tab, you'll need to choose none or 173 as the prefix device number, and choose 25 or 151 for the prefix OBC.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, there was already an upgrade for Pioneer car stereos that includes most of the functions that you captured, all that it was missing were the ones that use the second OBC for part1 of the 2-part signals (oh, it was missing MUTE as well).

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3551

I just added your new codes to that file and loaded the result here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14438
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dave and Rob. I tried and tried to get that sorted out. Even looking at the upgrade, I can just barely follow this.

I can't imagine using a remote in the car, but felt obligated to post the thing, since I had it in my possession.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try the upgrade that I posted and confirm that (a) all the regular functions work and (b) do any of the additional functions work?

If some work and some don't, we should post a new copy with the ones that worked labeled as such.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get a chance. I fell really behind when I was sick. I finally got around to this on my to-do list only to find the car was sold!!!

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who's car was it then?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say it belonged to the DH, lol. Apparently the radio didn't make up for the car's other shortcomings. I got home from work and was surprised to find him home when the car gone. He had that one such a short time that i never even got to go for a ride in it. I only sat in it to progran the radio.

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So all decisions are joint decisions in your household, eh? I can't imagine buying or selling a car without involving my wife in the decision.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
So all decisions are joint decisions in your household, eh? I can't imagine buying or selling a car without involving my wife in the decision.

In the past he's even done it to MY CAR!!! And he did sell my motorcycle out from under me, because I "suck all the joy out of riding", lol. In other words he was afraid for my safety, lol.

I get even with him, I just reprogram his remotes so he can't get to his car shows on tv.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: