JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leotzian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: LCD Screen limit to 5 pages usinf RMIR? Reply with quote

Hi to all please I want to ask something.
Using remote master I want to add functions on the LCD screen of Nevo C2.
From the "Getting started with Xsight and Nevo" I read "LCD display with 6 functions per page (72 total per device)", but when I try adding functions it is limited to 5 Pages that is 30 Functions., is this normal or I do something wrong?
I cannot choose over 5 pages
Thanks in advance
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, looks like that was a mistake. I'll fix the wiki. Favorites limit is still 72 according to One-for-all's specs.

You can always make more devices. I made 3 devices for my AVR in order to get all the functions for each zone.
leotzian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Sorry, looks like that was a mistake. I'll fix the wiki. Favorites limit is still 72 according to One-for-all's specs.

You can always make more devices. I made 3 devices for my AVR in order to get all the functions for each zone.

So the LCD functions I can add in each device is 6 X 5 pages = 30. Is this correct?

I had make a Device in which I had assigned functions in specific buttons from TV, Sat Reciever, Home Cinema and DVD recorder, this is very very helpful, than switching among devices.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll double check, but I think 30 is the correct number.

I also find that combo devices come in handy.
M3Rocket

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can only create 5 pages of 6 functions for a total of 30 on the LCD. But remember, you also have 41 hard-keys you can assign functions to. If it's a "dummy" placeholder device, that would mean 71 functions per device that I can see.
M3Rocket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
We'll, I loaded my file on EZ-RC and am getting the same result as you. I even tried reassigning the old buttons and assigning new ones as well as changing the device code. It's a mystery to me.

In any case, hopefully you'll learn RM well enough to make the switch. I think you'll find it much quicker than EZ-RC. And it will be around long after EZ shuts down. And as you can see, you can load/save multiple configs so if anything goes wrong you can always go back to an older file.

I like your config. You've really used the remote to its full potential.

With the help from your file, I have now fully converted to RMIR. Thank You!

I find that RMIR will "allow" programming that won't actually work with the remote--like assigning macros to button groups in activities for instance. Also, I think this is a Java problem--sometimes moving to another tab won't actually save changes.

Also, if you're working on an icon and you load it, now change that file in Photoshop and try to reload the same modified file, RMIR will actually just use the cached version. I have to save and reload the config to get it to read the new changed PNG.
vbs_

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found a bug using my Xsight Touch with RMIR: In my current configuration I use the RF-features of the Xsight Touch to control remote switchable plug sockets. I think there is an issue saving and loading the configuration to disk.

I can download the current config from the remote and then re-upload it again without problems, everything works fine. BUT when I save the configuration to disk as an .rmir file and load that file again then my RF-buttons do not work anymore (after uploading the config). So I can of course still press the buttons but no signal is send. Usual IR buttons work fine though.

This is the config:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14431

The device I use for RF communication is named "Lights" in the config (setup code 2201).

Big thanks for this application, it really is a pleasure! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.[/list]
caloyzki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need help. I posted already the raw file under diagnosis. My nevo c2 remote wont read from RMIR version 10. When click the download from remote it gives me error. It wont show up anymore my save files on my remote. I need to edit some buttons but i cant anymore. Tia
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14433
caloyzki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14433

Yes. Any idea why RMIR cant read my remote and gives me error?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vbs_ wrote:
I think I found a bug using my Xsight Touch with RMIR: In my current configuration I use the RF-features of the Xsight Touch to control remote switchable plug sockets. I think there is an issue saving and loading the configuration to disk.

I am not surprised at this issue, as this is the first setup I have come across that uses the RF feature. However, the file you posted will have been saved to disk and so will have whatever corruption is causing the issue. Could you please do a raw download from the remote and post that for me to look at? To do this, select "Raw download" from the Remote menu, press the Download button on the window that opens, then use Save to save the file with the default filename that is offered. This will let me see exactly what is in the remote when the RF feature works, and so should enable me to find what is missing in the saved .rmir file.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caloyzki wrote:
Need help. I posted already the raw file under diagnosis. My nevo c2 remote wont read from RMIR version 10. When click the download from remote it gives me error. It wont show up anymore my save files on my remote. I need to edit some buttons but i cant anymore. Tia
First I would confirm that the EnhancedPower setting is still 0 on all XSIGHT keys in the registry. Windows updates can reset this key. It can also get reset if you use a different USB port.
caloyzki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
caloyzki wrote:
First I would confirm that the EnhancedPower setting is still 0 on all XSIGHT keys in the registry. Windows updates can reset this key. It can also get reset if you use a different USB port.

I still using the same usb cord from before. Im not sure about windows i am still on windows xp. About the XsIgHT registry how to reset that one? Where i have to go?it could be i changed usb port. What should i do? Reset the remote? Thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caloyzki wrote:
I still using the same usb cord from before. Im not sure about windows i am still on windows xp. About the XsIgHT registry how to reset that one? Where i have to go?it could be i changed usb port. What should i do? Reset the remote? Thanks
Sorry, I saw "version 10" in your other post and assumed Windows 10. No registry change is needed for XP.

Try fresh batteries.

I can't look at your file until evening time in the US.
vbs_

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
vbs_ wrote:

I am not surprised at this issue, as this is the first setup I have come across that uses the RF feature.

Wow really? For me the RF functionality is the killer feature of the remote. It is really hard to find somewhere else. I use it alot to switch wall plugs and also to give commands to my home automation server. Well, quite geeky stuff I guess Wink
I have like 3 more of those remotes in stock (bought them used on ebay). Just in case my two existing remotes break Smile

mathdon wrote:

However, the file you posted will have been saved to disk and so will have whatever corruption is causing the issue. Could you please do a raw download from the remote and post that for me to look at? To do this, select "Raw download" from the Remote menu, press the Download button on the window that opens, then use Save to save the file with the default filename that is offered. This will let me see exactly what is in the remote when the RF feature works, and so should enable me to find what is missing in the saved .rmir file.

Great! Thanks a lot! Please find the raw download of my remote here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24641738/xSightTouch_RF.ir
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 36 of 45

Jump to: