JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Does anyone remember Primestar?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
liz_lochley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Does anyone remember Primestar? Reply with quote

First of all, hello everyone and thank-you for letting me join you. I have a Primestar satellite RC and no manual. It is the one with the multi-colored buttons denoting different catagories of channels. It is a four function, universal with the following in the battery compartment; "RC 1403/35 4160000 MADE IN INDONESIA P80403 780005" I did get it to work for an old VCR usind the codes from Universal Electronics' Control-4 model. I have tried every code there is for my son's Emerson TV to no avail. I am positive that the TV is older than the RC, and I was able to use a different RC to control it at one time. I have also tried different combinations to try to "scan" for the code. Any suggestions would be welcome.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this remote and I have a manual for it, if you'd like a photocopy, send me your info.

The codes listed for Emerson TVs are: 236, 463, 180, 178, 179, 280, 282, 019, 038, 039, 154, 177 and 185
liz_lochley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank-you so much. I will tackle it when I get home. A co-worker gave me a General Instrument "URC-45T Awesome Anywhere 3 -in-1 ir/uhf Remote". With no manual of course. Beggars can not be choosers. I've been scouring the internet for info on it as well. Thanks again for your efforts. I will let you know of the outcome.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't find a manual for the URC-45T but I found a picture...

liz_lochley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried all the codes, but it still failed to work. Maybe I'm not programming it right. I press and hold the mode button till the led flashes in the tv slot. I then enter the code and the light flashes three times and goes out. This procedure works for vcrs. I even programmed my DSS remote for Emerson and the tv responded perfectly. Do you know how scan for the code? This remote also has an aux mode maybe I'll just use it for another purpose. With the batteries installed, it makes fine paperweight. I guess a normal person would have just spent the six bucks for a another remote by now. Its no fun to be normal though. I hope the "Awesome" remote is compatible. I believe, however, it is older than the Primestar remote is. Its a good thing I have a lot of free time on my hands. ...And the saga continues...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your time ever becomes worth than the cost of a new remote, for $38 you could have a remote that is virtually guaranteed to work every IR controlled device you have and are ever likely to buy.

How so?

You get a URC-8811, which is an 8 device learning JP1 remote for $19, along with a JP1 cable for $15, plus $4 to have them both shipped to you. See the link in my sig for more details.

With JP1 you will have no trouble making the remote control your Primestar, TV, VCR, etc, etc
liz_lochley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm familiar with it. I bought one for an elderly aunt last christmas and programmed it for her. Macros and all. I had no idea until I opened it how amazing it is. At present, my RCA exceeds the demands of my meager entertainment system. When I get my taxes though, I'm gonna go HD and Dolby Digital. I am also going to upgrade my video card with a tv out jack. I will definitely need a remote to interface with my computer. I did have a X-10 Activehome remote a few years ago. It wasn't worth what I paid for it. That was then though. Thank-you for taking the time to help me. IMO customer service is what distingishes a great merchant from the Best Buys and Walmarts of this world. Their employees have very little product training and even less motivation. That's what you get for slave wages and no benefits. I just wish more people felt that way. My neighborhood pharmacy recently closed. The owner/pharmacist is a trusted friend since childhood. He said he just can't compete since the Walmart opened. What a shame.Thanks again.
e34m5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or for $20 a 8810w from WalMart
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: