JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Strange Atlas1056b01/Sony BDP-S3700 Behavior [Solved]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim978

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Strange Atlas1056b01/Sony BDP-S3700 Behavior [Solved] Reply with quote

I've solved a problem, but I'm trying to understand why I had this problem and why the solution works.

Recently I purchased a Sony blu-ray player to replace a dying blu-ray device. The Sony has streaming built in, and I've connected to the net by wire. The Sony remote allows a streaming user to switch between a Home screen and Netflix with the push of a single button.

I added the Sony via a device upgrade. Everything worked as it should ... except for the Home button. Instead of going from Netflix to the home page directly, it mimics the function of the Netflix button and displays a menu of Netflix options (which does include exit). Using a learning remote (the Atlas doesn't have learning), I checked to see that the OBC/EFC code in the device upgrade file was correct ... and it was. As an experiment, I tried entering the Home code into the remote using the 994 function and the five digit EFC code. Even though the code I entered was the same as the code in the upgrade file, the Home button now works as it should!

This isn't a big problem, but it does mean any time I update the Atlas I may have to reset the Sony Home code manually using the 994 routine. If there is a way to avoid this, I'd sure like to.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited by Jim978 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Jim978

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it wasn't the remote that was the problem. It was the programmer!

I realized there was a macro (not device specific) that is launched by the same key I used for the blu-ray Home key. Since macros have priority over the normal key functions, the Home function in the device upgrade was never executed. Since key moves execute before macros, inserting a key move (either using 994 or RM), made things right.

I'm reminded of a label someone pasted on my college's IBM 360 console (yes, it was long, long time ago): "This machine is capable of carrying out with lightning speed, blind faith, and perfect accuracy every blunder performed by the programmer."
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: