JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Protoype" of UEI remote with e-ink button labels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: "Protoype" of UEI remote with e-ink button labels Reply with quote

The picture at This Link shows a prototype from "Universal Electronics" which I am going to assume is UEI. It shows the possibility of having e-ink labels on hard buttons. I have thought for a long time that this would be the way to go. The "prototype" looks a very long way from production, so I guess I won't hold my breath until we can buy a nice looking version for $20.

Last edited by pH7_jp1 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
andyross

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much nicer than the LCD-based stuff, as you could still have some physical 'feel' to operate it without having to look directly at it.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one marketed by Sony for a little under $300. One month battery life and highly configurable. But it doesn't have what I think the UEI prototype uses: a mask with finger sized holes to simulate buttons.

Google translate does a pretty good job turning these pages into English.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's impossible to tell without "hands on" but if you go to my link in the first post and click on "See larger image" then zoom in on that larger image, it looks like they are separate buttons. Admittedly, the buttons are laid over a flat e-ink surface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: