JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Arris ZC4100RML STB (Pace)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theartistisblue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Arris ZC4100RML STB (Pace) Reply with quote

I really need help here!

I have a cable set top box with a remote which is unsupported by Sling.

I bought a Nevo C2 and learnt the functions of that remote. Now the Nevo C2 can control my cable set top box.

I connected the Nevo C2 via USB and loaded up RemoteMaster v2.04 build 10 (latest version).

I select interface CommHID (the only one that works) and click Download from Remote. It downloads.

After that is done - I look at the tab 'Learned Signals'. Although they are somehow named 'missing0, missing1' etc ... there are some values like Size, Frequency, Device, Subdevice, OBC, Hex Command which are all filled in according to each button which was learnt. (kindly see screenshot https://www.dropbox.com/s/lf2pz8n01en1c5o/screenshot0001.JPG?dl=0).

Now what? How do I get these to a binary file for slingbox? My IR Chip should be PL.

I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks!
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no personal experience with either the Nevo C2 or the Slingbox, so I can't help you directly, but I know that screenshots are useless.

Save the download from the remote with the learned signals as a .RMIR file, then upload it to the Diagnosis Area, as explained in How to upload files - read this. Then come back here and post a link to the uploaded file. Do not upload the file anywhere else, such as dropbox.

Someone with more experience will come along and help you.

Note that even though the learned signals work to control your device, they may not be clean enough learns for RMIR to decode properly. See The correct learning procedure.

Also there's lots of good information about using JP1 with Slingbox in the sticky threads in our Slingbox section.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
theartistisblue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: The learned signals in RMIR file Reply with quote

The learned signals (with NEVO C2 remote in RemoteMaster) are saved in this image file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14318

Could somebody help me create a .bin? I use Slingbox 500, which if I'm not mistaken is PL chip.
chuliu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: The learned signals in RMIR file Reply with quote

theartistisblue wrote:
The learned signals (with NEVO C2 remote in RemoteMaster) are saved in this image file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14318

Could somebody help me create a .bin? I use Slingbox 500, which if I'm not mistaken is PL chip.

With rmir loaded with your .rmir file, in learned signal tab, highlight all rows, and click convert to device upgrade. It will create an entry in device tab. Now copy all fields in the name column in the learned signal tab. Go to device tab, edit the newly created entry. Go to function tab, paste the copied names to the name column. Click save as, and save the file. Open remotemaster.jar, open the newly save rmdu file, change the remote from nevo c2 to slingbox pl chip. It will ask you to map the buttons. Do that. And finally advanced->export binary upgrade. It will create a bin file for you.

Forgot to mention, for this case, I do have to change the sub device in the remotemaster device upgrade file from 15 to 35. As the convert to device upgrade somehow mistakenly use 15 instead of the 35 that is used in the learned signal.
theartistisblue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: I created .BIN file. Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. I created a .BIN file as you said with no problems.

However, after I succesfully upload it to the Slingbox and the remote appears on the screen - nothing happens when I click on the buttons Sad

What could I be doing wrong?

Could it be that the codes were not learnt correctly? (That said, the Nevo is controlling the set top box perfectly)

Thanks
theartistisblue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The learned signals in RMIR file Reply with quote

chuliu wrote:

Forgot to mention, for this case, I do have to change the sub device in the remotemaster device upgrade file from 15 to 35. As the convert to device upgrade somehow mistakenly use 15 instead of the 35 that is used in the learned signal.

This is the only thing. Once I converted to device upgrade, I can't see any sub-device entry.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the OEM2 field that should be set to 35 instead of 15.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those learned codes are the same as the codes for the Pace ZC3010.

Give it a try http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14149
theartistisblue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Those learned codes are the same as the codes for the Pace ZC3010.

Give it a try http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14149

Will do, thanks!! (Makes sense because this Arris set top box is made by Pace.)
theartistisblue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
It's the OEM2 field that should be set to 35 instead of 15.

Thanks! Will try!
theartistisblue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: same problem :( Reply with quote

I took Alan's advice and loaded the custom bin for the Pace ZC3010 which apparently has the same codes as my Arris set top box (it's actually made by Pace)

Same thing is happening as with my own custom bin.

When click on a button on the on-screen remote, the video goes for 3/4 of a second and comes back again - with no response from the set top box.

what could the problem be?

I'm beginning to suspect that the codes are OK and something else is wrong.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you done all the usual IR checks (external blaster, camera, position....)
theartistisblue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Have you done all the usual IR checks (external blaster, camera, position....)

I'm assuming the camera is to see if IR signals are actually being emitted?

Position seems OK - just in front of the box - however when I go back to where I have the slingbox, I will check.

Where can I read up on the usual IR checks please?

Many thanks!
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://support.slingbox.com/kb/KB-5000042
theartistisblue

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Slingbox 500 with unsupported remote Reply with quote

So, both my own .BIN and the .BIN for Pace ZC3010 do not work Sad

I have tried to view the IR transmitter using a camera and yes - it was emitting IR signals when I clicked on a slingbox on screen remote button.

I also tried putting the IR transmitter in different positions near the set top box. Nothing worked.

(why Slingbox can't simply learn IR signals from the remote of the set top box, store them, and reproduce them as required ... remains a mystery to me... it would make life so much easier)

What I plan to do next is to actually learn whatever is coming out of the slingbox IR transmitter using the NEVO C2 and check whether the codes are the same as the original ones I used to create the .BIN.

[Incidentally, I had to ditch my experiments because the HDMI splitter which I use to bypass HDCP (the HDMI copy protection) stopped working. Therefore, if someone can point me to a thread relating to stripping HDCP I would be very grateful.]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: