JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xsight/Nevo firmware and config reliant on ez-rc.com?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattDinOC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham,

It's definitely 1.3.7 ... Here's a pic.

I bought this one in the past couple weeks from one of the Chinese eBay sellers. It is odd that all of my version numbers look to be newer than yours except for the "Firmware".

I'm willing to experiment. Smile Let me know what we can do.

Thanks!
Matt
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several Xsights and Nevos, and the latest firmwares I have are 1.3.32 for the Xsights and 1.3.33. I'm thinking your firmware version is actually quite old, the 7th build as opposed to the 33rd. This is consistent with what I've seen on the remotes I've bought from these sellers. All the other numbers in your screenshot match mine, except the firmware version.

The main difference I see on older firmwares versus the later ones is that even if you leave all the Assist button configuration blank in Remote Master, the Assist buttons are still visible on the remote itself, just as you have seen yourself. This also supports the idea that you have an older firmware.

We should be able to give you an upgrade path soon. Hang in there.
MattDinOC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks for the help on this. Smile Much appreciated!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
We should be able to give you an upgrade path soon. Hang in there.

Soon yes, but not until the New Year. Too much to do at this time of year Very Happy. Dave (mdavej) has provided me with the necessary files, so I have all the info I need. It's just a matter of finding the time to do it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I have been too hasty in saying that we will be able to provide an upgrade path. There appear to be 33 files involved in a full firmware upgrade but we can only download 31 of these from an existing remote. So we can update the IR Database, for example, but not the firmware code. We can read the version numbers of all 33, but the files themselves of only 31. However, when I tried to connect to EZ-RC today, I got a message that this will soon be deprecated and replaced by a new app that appears to be based on Chrome rather than Microsoft IE. See this link. I'm not sure if it is active yet but I presume it will provide firmware updates in due course, if not yet.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately if you go to https://mynevo.com you will see the message:

The Nevo line of remote control hardware and accessories for the custom installation market has been discontinued and is no longer supported.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. But that message has been there for years. Nevo went defunct a long time ago. OFA US stopped supporting Xsight quite a while ago as well. We've been lucky ez-rc has worked this long.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, didn't reailse that. Fingers crossed something comes along.
MattDinOC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for checking into it, guys. It looks like I'm stuck with the big yellow Assist button. Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I also notice that in activity mode, it truncates the text labels on some of the soft buttons. (They display just fine in device mode.) All in all, it's still completely workable and a better solution than Harmony, so I'm happy.

Cheers,
Matt
nohjy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: EZ-RC Application Site is Still Up Reply with quote

EZ-RC is still operational.

http://www.ez-rc.com/Pages/LogOn/UserLogOn.aspx?x=1

I used it today to update my remotes and firmware.
MattDinOC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I just updated mine too! The site worked on the first try, using IE 11 under Windows 10. I'm now on 1.3.33. I still have the text label truncation, but no more Assist button, and now my soft buttons are all where they should be. Very Happy
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for me too. They must have updated the software so it runs on IE11.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's run on IE11 for years. Only had problems the past couple of weeks which is apparently fixed now. Hope it stays fixed.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the site is temporarily working again, is there any part of the firmware upgrade that we can grab that we didn't get before? Maybe via a sniffer or something?
pelago

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had an email:
Quote:
Anouncement: http://www.ez-rc.com end-of-life

As a valued user of one or more Xsight products, we would like to inform you that One For All, OFA, announces the end-of-life for the ez-rc website: http://www.ez-rc.com . For the past several months we’ve had a banner on this site indicating the end-of-life of this service.
If you have an Xsight remote that you would like to reconfigure or modify, please do so before the 8th of May.
In the event that you have just purchased an Xsight remote, a newer replacement model can be offered as a substitute under the conditions of the warranty upon presentation of a valid proof of purchase.
The same model can also be offered at a reduced price for existing Xsight users who wish to replace their current remote due to new devices or programming requirements. For details, please contact One For All customer service via the contact form on www.oneforall.com.

Alternative Products:

We invite you to try some of our new product offerings available free of charge:

Nevo Home

Discover and interact with your devices with nevo Home

My Nevo

Download My Nevo for simple discovery of what's around you.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your business and hope you will continue to show interest in One For All / Universal Electronics products. We sincerely appreciate your support and regret any inconvenience this necessary action causes you.
Thank You,

The OFA Team
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: