JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nevo C2 - Unable to update using EZ-RC (Win 10)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt_inSC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Nevo C2 - Unable to update using EZ-RC (Win 10) Reply with quote

Hoping some of the experts can get me on the right path. Also, this is my first post so let me know if I'm in the wrong spot, etc.

I just got a new Nevo C2. I had read the wiki here and was ready for some work to get it going. I've gone through (what think are all) the hoops but still no luck. The issue is it will not update using the EZ-RC website.

Things I've done:
- Set ez-rc.com to run in Compatibility mode (IE 11 on Win10)
- Lowered my security settings in IE to Medium
- Installed the latest conduit (version 1.0.0.308)
- Made the registry changes (setting EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled to 0)
* this by the way got me past the remote moving immediately from the USB connected back to the home screen.
** I had to run this regedit manually as the downloaded "fixes" were not matching my device.

When I rightclick the EZ-RC Tray Tool and select Check for Updates, it pauses for a few seconds and then shows a window with "An error occurred, please try again later".
When I log in to EZ-RC (often I get a message that my session has timed out, but when I am successful...) it shows an update is needed but when I select that it immediately flashes back to the EZ-RC login screen.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, as of a few days ago, ez-rc isn't working for anybody anymore. Some have seen the message in Chrome to the effect that the site is going away and will be replaced by something else. But we don't know if/when this will really happen.

For now, I recommend that you switch to Remote Master. I does everything that EZ-RC can do except get new devices directly from UEI and update the firmware. However, we can get new UEI devices from the the simpleset website, and a firmware download feature should be added to Remote Master soon.

If you need to add new devices, please post here and we can likely find them.
Matt_inSC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Ready to try Remote Master Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. Sounds like I just hit some bad timing.
Although slightly intimidated by RemoteMaster I have been tinkering with it. But currently stuck at "No remotes found".

I tried following the tutorial on this forum but I can't seem to get it to recognize the remote - although it's not super clear to me. Is there a good how-to on using Remote Master with Win 10 and a USB connected Nevo C2?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tutorial applies to all remotes. Wiki has some Win 10 tips like doing the required registry change. Otherwise you will get no remotes found.
Matt_inSC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've followed the steps on the wiki. Until I did that the remote would flash the USB Connected and then go to the home screen. I set the EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled value to 0 and after doing that the USB Connected stays on at least.

One thing I see on the wiki about references the name of the device...
"When you first plug in a remote with an older firmware, the key is "XSIGHT.". After the first upgrade attempt, a new key "Xsight" is created".
Mine still shows XSIGHT. Does that offer any clues?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt_inSC wrote:
I've followed the steps on the wiki. Until I did that the remote would flash the USB Connected and then go to the home screen. I set the EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled value to 0 and after doing that the USB Connected stays on at least.

One thing I see on the wiki about references the name of the device...
"When you first plug in a remote with an older firmware, the key is "XSIGHT.". After the first upgrade attempt, a new key "Xsight" is created".
Mine still shows XSIGHT. Does that offer any clues?
That's normal. I need to change the wiki since later firmwares went back to XSIGHT.

So unplug, then plug back in, then in RM try Remote - Interface - CommHID - HID, then try another download.

Failing that, could be you have RM in the wrong kind of folder. You can't put it in Program Files. Some folder in your documents would be better, as long as it doesn't require admin rights to write to.
Matt_inSC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing the RM folder to My Documents did it!
BTW - No COMM-ID option at all under interfaces (I did try that first).

Now I'm off to the races. Thanks for the assistance. And no doubt many, many more questions to come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: