JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Proscan TV/DVD combo (How to use hex codes)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rembeans

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Proscan TV/DVD combo (How to use hex codes) Reply with quote

I'm trying to program a OARUSB04G remote to work with a proscan tv/dvd combo. My original remote broke, so I cannot get it to learn from the original. I installed remote master and was able to get an extender for the remote, but quickly figured out this didn't help me.

The TV remote works to control everything for the tv. However, the dvd portion is not functional.

I found this website with hex codes for proscan:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/proscan/

However, I don't know how do get the codes to my remote to try it out. Can someone help me get these hex codes into my remote?
Thanks!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used IRScrutinizer and Remote Master to create this file for you using the codes posted at the DVD link from the page you linked above.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14287

Download the file, go to the Devices tab in RM, New, Open (open the downloaded file), OK, assign to device button (TV?), upload to remote.

If the file doesn't work, then give us more info like the model number of your TV.
rembeans

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll check this out.
rembeans

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I gave it a try, but wasn't successful. I downloaded the RMIR file, but wasn't sure how to get it onto the remote. I opened rmir and was trying to install as an extender, but this was not an option with the RMIR file type (had to be a hex). However, when I looked at the settings.bin file for my remote, I was able to open the remote and go in and change a few of the EFC5 codes to match the file you shared. When I uploaded these back to my remote, they did not do anything. I think the codes probably are not the right ones for this combo tv.

My tv model number is PLEDV1945a. The setup code that works for the tv is 3382.

Any suggestions would be awesome.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What step isn't working?

Quote:
go to the Devices tab in RM, New, Open (open the downloaded file), OK, assign to device button (TV?), upload to remote.

My EFCs aren't compatible with setup code 3382, and your posted hex codes don't even remotely match that setup code either.

I'm surprised the playback commands aren't working if you stay in TV mode. Try using code 3680 for DVD after getting Proscan DVD codes from SimpleSet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: