JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ERROR "PID in use alt PID not available"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leotzian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: ERROR "PID in use alt PID not available" Reply with quote

Hi I have 2 Dreambox 7020S in the same place, I had found in the net some time ago a way to make some adjustments in a file in the one of them and a modification in one remote to work with the one without effect the other.
I don't know how the files were build, I had found them. Till today I had programmed the stock JP1 remote for the second reciever, the first was using a bulit in code. ( the second reciever had the changed file in the operating system and the change in the codes of the remote.
My problem now I had bought a Nevo C2 when I put the 2 upgrade files i had the above message "PID in use alt PID not available".
I don't know what to do I am a beginner
Any help?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by leotzian on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot tell from your screenshots why neither of the two Dreamboxes gives you the option of setting an Alternate PID. If you save the setup as a .rmir file (use File > Save As from the menu bar) and then post the file for us to look at, we might be able to help further. But please do not use a private dropbox. You should post the file in the Diagnosis Area of our File Section and post a link to that file in this thread.
leotzian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I cannot tell from your screenshots why neither of the two Dreamboxes gives you the option of setting an Alternate PID. If you save the setup as a .rmir file (use File > Save As from the menu bar) and then post the file for us to look at, we might be able to help further. But please do not use a private dropbox. You should post the file in the Diagnosis Area of our File Section and post a link to that file in this thread.

Hi my friend I had uploaded the 2 Upgrade Files in the Diagnosis Area the link is http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14299

To be able to save the upgrade files I had put in Dreambox2 file as Alternative PID "02 5C" THIS IS NOT CORRECT the field was empty
Sorry about the Dropbox links I am new to this forum and I could not find the way to upload the screenshots, now I know.

I had also uploaded and 2 rmir files the one form my Nevo config with the problem and the other form my working Dreambox Remote
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14300

Something else the Stock Dreambox control is a Dreambox V4 URC-39930 BJ0
The normal empeded code that this remote had for the reciever is 0031 but when I select this the edit device button in grayed out in the Remote Master so I cannot take the data.
So the upgrade file Dreambox(1) I had sent you is from forum's file section.
In the stock remote 0031 code ( the normal one ) and the 1238 the one that had altered was working good the problem is with Nevo C2

I had already removed the links, sorry about that

Thanks in advance for your help
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get any problem. I first loaded Dreambox(1). No Alternate PID window shows, but it is not yet needed. Then I loaded Dreambox(2) and in the Device Upgrade Editor the Protocol ID box shows "01 6C : ALT PID REQUIRED" and the Alternate PID box is blank with a red message underneath that the Alternate PID cannot be null. I enter 016B in the Alternate PID box, press OK, and everything is fine.

If I understand you correctly, you tried 025C as an Alternate PID. I don't think the Nevo supports PIDs greater than 01FF, which may have caused your problem. It is best to choose a value that is not listed in the [Protocols] section of the RDF (there is a button on the RMIR button bar for displaying the RDF), as the listed values are those of the protocols built in to the remote. My choice of 016B is not a listed value.

I hope this helps you to solve your problem.
leotzian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I don't get any problem. I first loaded Dreambox(1). No Alternate PID window shows, but it is not yet needed. Then I loaded Dreambox(2) and in the Device Upgrade Editor the Protocol ID box shows "01 6C : ALT PID REQUIRED" and the Alternate PID box is blank with a red message underneath that the Alternate PID cannot be null. I enter 016B in the Alternate PID box, press OK, and everything is fine.

If I understand you correctly, you tried 025C as an Alternate PID. I don't think the Nevo supports PIDs greater than 01FF, which may have caused your problem. It is best to choose a value that is not listed in the [Protocols] section of the RDF (there is a button on the RMIR button bar for displaying the RDF), as the listed values are those of the protocols built in to the remote. My choice of 016B is not a listed value.

I hope this helps you to solve your problem.

Hi my friend thanks for the help. I didn't know the in alternative pid I could put any value, I thought that it would be a specific one.
I try everything and if I have any problem I let you know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: