JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help Choosing a learning Jp1 Remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leotzian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:55 am    Post subject: Help Choosing a learning Jp1 Remote Reply with quote

Hi to all, I am new in here, I want to ask a question please because I am a bit confused.
I have 4 URC 39930 remotes, I had built the Jp1 serial interface and I can program them using the provided files from your forum.
Now I want to buy I learning JP1 control to duplicate some remotes from No name devices I have.
I had read here a lot but I am confused what to choose and where to buy.
I live in Europe Greece, the best is to buy something from Europe or China not USA.
Can you please provide me some links from eBay or somewhere and the models you suggest to buy to do what I want?
I want with this remote to learn codes from the remotes from no name devices I have, then download the file to my computer using the Remote Master and then duplicate these?
I don't want something too expensive
Thank you in advance
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a list of current JP1 remotes. Just pick any learning one you see on the list. Right now, the most common inexpensive learning JP1 remotes on ebay that ship worldwide are the Nevo C2 and OARUSB04G. The URC-6440 may be available in local shops in your area.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=RemoteChart
leotzian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Here is a list of current JP1 remotes. Just pick any learning one you see on the list. Right now, the most common inexpensive learning JP1 remotes on ebay that ship worldwide are the Nevo C2 and OARUSB04G. The URC-6440 may be available in local shops in your area.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=RemoteChart

Hi my friend thanks for the answer, very good Wiki I had not found it searching the forum ..
I want to ask the Nevo C2 is not shown in the second catalog if it is capable to work with IR,RM,KM is it working?
And another question as I had wrote before I have 4 pieces od URC39930 , there are dreambox 702X V4 Remotes in the list they seem that there are learning remote, that means I can learn the codes from a no name remote using those remotes? , if yes I had not find any instructions how to do this with this remote, is there a guide somewhere?
I know that holding some buttons you can put some tv codes in the tv button but not the one I want to do.
Thank you very much
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevo C2 works with RM. IR and KM are very old and no longer supported for any remote. RM replaces both and works with every remote on the list. You need to switch to RM if you want to use any newer JP1 remotes.

Here's how to learn using your URC39930:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manual_Programming_-_9xx_Commands#.28975.29_Learning_from_other_remotes
leotzian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Nevo C2 works with RM. IR and KM are very old and no longer supported for any remote. RM replaces both and works with every remote on the list. You need to switch to RM if you want to use any newer JP1 remotes.

Here's how to learn using your URC39930:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manual_Programming_-_9xx_Commands#.28975.29_Learning_from_other_remotes

I had already switched to RM
I had searched the forum my remote needs to add a circuit inside to make the learning function to work those instructions are not working ( I had found them searching )
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10196 it is not easy
By the way I had found Nevo C2 in China at about 20 -25 USD but there are all used , I don't know is I can trust to buy one of those.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=nevo+C2&_sacat=&_ex_kw=&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop=12&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH_CAds=&rmvSB=true
I don't know whta is your opinion...

Thanks for all
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought about 20 Nevos from ebay seller allshop29. Most were in mint condition even though they were described as used. A couple of remotes had problems, but the seller quickly refunded my money in those cases.

If you buy a Nevo, please read this:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_started_with_Xsight_and_Nevo
leotzian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I have bought about 20 Nevos from ebay seller allshop29. Most were in mint condition even though they were described as used. A couple of remotes had problems, but the seller quickly refunded my money in those cases.

If you buy a Nevo, please read this:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_started_with_Xsight_and_Nevo

Hi my friend I had ordered 2 pieces from the seller you suggested.
Thank you very much for your help.
leotzian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi my friend again
As I had told you I had ordered 2 pieces from the seller you suggested. (Allshop29)
Finally today I recieved the packet but he had made a mistake and put me inside only one piece. It is as new, a llitle sticky the middle plastic in the back, but no problem. No signs of usage.
In the package it is written net weight 150grams ( It is the weight for the 1 piece ) I measured mine is about 160grams.
It had made a mistake, I had sent him an email and I am waiting his responce.
The bad one is that he had not any more, When I ordered mine he had 3 pieces, that's why I ordered two.
I don't know If he will find one to sent me or he give me a refund, can you suggest another seller to look for? Ofcourse I will wait for his action first.
I had Upgrade it in EZ-RC web, and I make tests using Remote Master.
Thanks in advance
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past few years, I have only bought from allshop29. You can use the search below to find other vendors. I have no direct experience with others.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=%28nevo%2C+xsight%29+-battery+-dock+-sensor+-q50+-sl+-pravana+-smart+-energy&_ftrt=901&_sop=12&_sadis=15&_dmd=1&_osacat=0&_ipg=200&_ftrv=1&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=%28nevo%2C+xsight%29+-battery+-dock+-sensor+-q50+-sl+-pravana+-smart+-energy&_sacat=0
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't look like allshop29 has any Nevo C2s for sale right now, but there are many other sellers who do have them for under $20 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=nevo%20c2&_udhi=20
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased from fashion970124 and had very fast service to the US from China.
leotzian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pH7_jp1 wrote:
I purchased from fashion970124 and had very fast service to the US from China.

First I will wait 2 days to answer me, depending from his action I will buy another after refund.
The seller you mention, is the remote in good condition, from allshop29 it was good as new, no scratches nothing tell you this on the remote's screen there was this protection plastic.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was new condition as far as I could tell. It didn't even have the sticky feel to the rubberized part, although that is developing now that I have had it for a while. The sticky feel is something that happens even if the remote is sitting around unused. If that is bad, I have had luck with a product named "Goo Gone" that is designed to remove the sticky residue remaining after labels are removed. There is a similar product named "Goof Off", but I have not tried that one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: