JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newb Question - RMIR and Nevo 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think I figured something out. I used the device setup on the remote itself and added a Scientific Atlanta cable box. Then downloaded that to RMIR and compared it to the Scientific Atlanta file. In the Protocols section, the file on this site was blank for Device 2 and Device 3. But the remote one showed 28 and 30 in these boxes.

So I added 28 and 30 to the Protocol Parameters of the 8300HD box, and it actually works.

Now to figure out the Integra 80.3..
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, I can make the Integra file if you tell me what you want. It's already figured out.
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
If you can't login, the no, you can't download the device. I'd be happy to make you one from the codes I posted earlier if you tell me what commands you need.

I don't understand what you mean by the site having new/complete codes vs. what I posted. Mine is the complete set directly from Integra with close to 1000 commands. What could be more complete than that? I can guarantee you the EZ-RC version won't have even a fraction of that.

Was looking for a basic file to start from vs starting from scratch and inputting each code. Or is there a way to avoid doing this?

Thanks!
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
As I said, I can make the Integra file if you tell me what you want. It's already figured out.

Sorry, seem to be missing your posts for some reason!

If you look at the Onkyo 3007 file in the files section, I'm looking for all of those commands + the PC input which is missing.

Oddly, when I upload the Onkyo 3007 the remote codes won't work on my Integra 80.3, but I would think they should given they are the same family of devices.
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, if you're able to, there was an DHC80.3 (or maybe it was DTR-80.3) device already in the EZ website, may be simpler to download that and create a file from it? That's what I was hoping to do!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easier for me to build you a file with the codes since I have no access to a remote or EZ-RC. I will post one shortly.
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
It's easier for me to build you a file with the codes since I have no access to a remote or EZ-RC. I will post one shortly.

That would be great ... tx!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this. Change the command names and button assignments however you like. Most of the command names are probably much too long to display on the buttons properly. You can always leave the function names as is and type in a shorter alias on the Buttons tab.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14275
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks great Dave... is the discrete off missing though? I see Power On but can't seem to find Power off!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standby = Discrete Off

To use those commands in your macros, you'll need to put them on buttons. Just replace some of the soft button functions you don't use.
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to copy the power off from the Integra 5.3 file in the file section...thanks!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pbc wrote:
I'm going to copy the power off from the Integra 5.3 file in the file section...thanks!
When you do that, you'll see that the code is exactly the same (subdevice 108, OBC 71). Rename it from Standby to Power Off if you wish. But a duplicate code won't accomplish anything.

Mine are named exactly the way Integra named them. So mine is more "correct" than a batch of learns from a Harmony (which is where Eferz got all his codes).
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, think we cross posted again...will rename the standby to power off.
pbc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

File works great btw! Thanks immensely for the help. Hopefully I can figure out how to add my own files if this does end up replacing my almost 15 year old HTM MX-500 which has survived drop after drop after drop by my kids.

Not sure any remote is built like that one anymore.

Too bad the Touch ones are going for > $100 used, would have liked the charging cradle functionality.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it. You can use the method in my earlier post to add even more commands from the excel file I linked. That's how I made the file for you. The way I handle my receiver, which also has about 400 commands, is to make a separate device for each zone and sub-device control (BD, Net, etc.). You've got plenty of room on an 18 device C2.

If you're patient, you can still get a cheap Touch/C3. I picked one up about a month ago for $35 by making an offer on one that ended with no bids.

Please do post your final RMIR file if you don't mind. I'd like to extract your other devices and post them for others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: