JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newb Question - RMIR and Nevo 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pbc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Newb Question - RMIR and Nevo 2 Reply with quote

So just got my Nevo 2 and am going through the Wiki. Installed Remote Master and then went to the EZ website and setup a base set of devices and activities, macros for my C2 and downloaded them to the remote. All good so far.

However, I can't seem to figure out how to get this base config into Remote Master? When I open that program, the list of drop down remotes is limited to 4, none of them being the Nevo 2 or Xsight Colour, and I have searched but can't seem to figure out how or where to go from here!

See ... dumb newb question and I know the answer is probably right in front of my eyes but for the life of me I can't figure it out!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds as if you have opened the program from the shortcut named Remote Master. That may sound the right thing to do, but you should find that there are two shortcuts, the other named RMIR. RemoteMaster is a single program that can be opened in two modes, RM and RMIR. RM is an editor for device upgrades and cannot download remotes. RMIR is the mode for downloading and editing the setup state of a remote.

For historical reasons the shortcut to open RM is labelled Remote Master, as that was originally the only mode. RMIR came later and is an incorporation into RemoteMaster of an earlier program named IR, hence the acronym RMIR. All you need to do is open RMIR, connect your remote to the computer with its USB lead and press the Download button on the RMIR toolbar (or select "Download from Remote" from the Remote menu drop-down if you prefer). There is no need to select your remote from a list, RMIR will automatically identify what remote it is.

Hope this explains your confusion and helps you to get started Smile .
pbc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, tried RMIR. A few other issues:

1. In RMIR when I click "download from remote" it tells me no remote found. Despite the fact that in the EZ-RC web interface it detects the remote just fine.

2. I selected 4 devices in EZ-RC and then used the advanced Edit extended keys to painfully go in and adjust each key (odd that there isn't a default for each device). I added my Integra DHC-80.3 and used the existing DTR-80.3 advanced keys. Then my Samsung PN58A550, which was in the database, my Sony BDP-S570 which was in the database, my Pivos Xios DS which was also in the database and finally my Rogers Nextbox 3.0, also in the database. Downloaded to the remote.

The only device that actually works is the 80.3, all the others do absolutely nothing when I press the buttons on the remote. Have tried wiping the remote and starting from scratch twice, but same thing.

Odd?
pbc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the EZ-RC Tray Tool icon changes from red to green when I plug in the USB, so the PC is recognizing the remote but get the no remote found error in RMIR when attempting to download...
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What folder is Remote Master in? What OS are you using?
pbc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, deleted everything I had installed and re-extracted the files into an newly created RMIR directory on my Windows 10 laptop. (64 bit). Extracted 2.04 build 1, then build 6 and build 8 replacing files in the directory as prompted.

Then ran the Setup vbs, and then ran RMIR and hit download from remote.

This time it identified my remote and started the download, however, at the end of the download I get the following popup error:

"Error in RDF. Wrong variant specified for PID=00 00. Number of fixed/command bytes should be 0/2, for specified variant it is 3/1."

This pops up about 3 or 4 times and I simply clicked ok. It then shows all my devices in the General tab.

Now to figure out why none of my devices work other than the Integra one, they all appear correct in RMIR.
pbc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm ... so the devices not working seem to have something to do with the Protocol being used. For my Pivos, Rogers Nextbox 3.0 (a Cisco 9865HD) and my Sony BDP-S570, the protocol selected was some Panasonic (old) one.

I deleted those devices, then set them up as new in RMIR using the files from:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8453

For my Sony BDP570, appears to now work fine.

However, there was no file for the Pivos XIOS in the files section so guess I will just set that up from scratch.

For my Rogers box I tried both of these:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1920

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2696

As I believe the remotes are similar between the Cisco and SA boxes having used both. But I get a Protocol error as it selects Panasonic (old) again and then ID "00 00" where I get a red "PID in use, Alt PID not available" error.

Is it odd that I'm not able to a) get any device to work other than my Integra using the EZ website and b) having these odd errors in RMIR when trying to upload existing files?

Just curious if it could be an installation or Win 10 issue, or of course just user error!
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the remote used? Maybe you should try a factory reset:

1. Go to 'Home'
2. Hit settings'
3. Scroll to the last page
4. Hit 'Reset' ONCE
5. Type '981'
6. Screen should change from 'Reset' to 'Factory Reset'
7. Hit it

xnappo

P.S. I added this to the FAQ in the Wiki
pbc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, bought it off of one of the seller in China from ebay. $20.

Will try the factory reset, though not sure why that would impact the protocol/PID issues in the software?
pbc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Factory reset it, but still get the same Protocol (Panasonic Old) and Protocol ID issue (00 00, Protocol in use, Alt PID not available) for any Scientific Atlanta box I try. Hmm...
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest that you ignore the "Error in RDF ..." messages if everything works fine when you click OK. There is an issue with RMIR that can cause this message to show up when it shouldn't do. I don't know if that is happening in your remote, but it could be the problem. The bug is fixed for the next build, which will be RMIR v2.04 build 9. This will be the first official release build, i.e. no longer a development version, and will be posted in the next week or so.

If you would like me to test your setup with build 9 before it is released, please do a raw download (Remote > Raw Download from menu bar), save it (accepting the default name for the file) and post the file in the Diagnosis Area of this forum. It may be a few days before I can look at it, but it may set your mind at rest that there isn't a problem with your remote, and mine that there isn't an as-yet-undiscovered bug.
pbc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think I uploaded the file but it doesn't show up in the upload area. Not sure if it needs to be approved?

Having said that, I am not sure it will show the issue, as I can't even add the device I am trying to as I keep getting the Protocol ID in use error.

Maybe a picture would help. I'm simply trying to use the existing file for this Scientific Atlanta box from the files section. But it appears the protocol it is selecting doesn't work? If I change the Protocol to Scientific Atlanta, it saves to the remote, but none of the remote IR functions actually work when pressed.

mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the file you uploaded:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14271

Try this for your cable box:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2696

Then pick Nevo C2 from the remote drop down list. I get no protocol error with the above file and the older version of RMIR (Graham, did this change in the new version?).
pbc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a bit of a guess here, but I think the protocol conflict is with the Integra 80.3 as the protocol for that device is also 00 00? I'm not sure what the importance/relevance of protocol ID's are though or whether one can simply select another one from the list sort of thing. I didn't select 00 00 for either the Integra (came via the base config from the EZ website) or the Scientific Atlanta box which is from the file import section of the forum here.
pbc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, cross-posted. That file is the one that shows up in the picture I posted above (just tried it again and over wrote my existing file).

Same error.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: