JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Xsight Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since EZ-RC still works, you don't need the registry patch.

If your user account has access to your Documents folder, you do not need to run as admin.

The first problem I see is that you are running the wrong version of RMIR. Run build 8 a few posts back in this thread.

If that doesn't work, I think there may be some data in the remote that RMIR does not recognize. Mathdon or 3FG may be able to identify and/or fix it.

For other's reference, here is a related thread with device upgrades that may have led to the file corruption.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100243&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Although you can usually switch from EZ-RC to RMIR many times, in my experience, it will eventually stop working when one or the other encounters a data set that it does not understand. Please stick with one or the other if you can.
henfri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

yes, the user has acces to Documents.

I have switched to build 8 now -no change unfortunately.

I can imagine that there is some data in the remote that RMIR does not recognize. I did have problems setting up/finding the codes of my TV/Amp with ec-rc.com aswell. I finally got them by setting them up in the Remote directly via the menu.

Is there a way to completely wipe the remote?

Greetings,
Hendrik
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the remote, go to Settings - Reset - 981 - Reset.

Since you were able to find the needed codes on the remote, you can simply enter them on the General tab of RMIR. But we'll need to know what they were first. I don't remember how to find out on EZ-RC.

I have corrected at least one of the errors. Copy this map file to your Images folder (Graham, please add to your next distribution). It was a big mess. Not sure how that happened, but it wasn't your fault. I noticed some of the other maps looked pretty strange as well. For some reason, the Nevo C2 image is gigantic compared to all the other remotes. Again, not your fault.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14248
henfri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

thanks!
I have now reset and set-up the remote again via the Display. Then I downloaded and uploaded again the Configuration via ez-rc.
After that, I updated the XSight Map in the Images folder.
I still get no Connection, but the Raw-Download data is different now. You can find it here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23322385/8008_2.ir

Did I do something wrong?

Regards,
Hendrik
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you did anything wrong. I'm not sure why it isn't working. Perhaps it has something to do with the

But I made an rmir file from your ir file here that you should be able to open.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14253

There are some problems with the file. The device upgrades are missing. To add them, open the rmir file, connect your remote, click one of the 3 setup codes then click the setup codes icon at the top right of toolbar. Then follow the instructions in the window and click Connect.
henfri

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your help.

I fear I am a bit lost now.

> Perhaps it has something to do with the
here the end of the sentence is missing.

> But I made an rmir file from your ir file here that you should be able to open.

Opening the file does work. Then, the Code of the Beamer is Red. Also the Font of the "Device Button" colum for all thre devices is Red.

I don't know what "device upgrades are missing" means, but I did follow your instructions. But I do not se a "setup codes" icon
I assume you mean "open code selector"? There, I see a connect button (which works. Hurray) and I just select a different Device for the Beamer.

After that, still I have the Warning "Names shown in RED have no assigned upgrade".

How do I overcome this?

Regards,
Hendrik
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that. I didn't finish that sentence. I had second thoughts and neglected to delete the beginning.

Check your Private Messages.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not having any luck. My US remote will not load your config. And when I load your individual devices into my remote, RMIR still does not fully recognize them. We'll need expert help from user Mathdon.

In the mean time, can you go back to the last RMIR file that actually worked? Then we can try to add your new device via RM rather than EZ-RC.

Graham, if you see this, my attempts to upload henfri's devices into RMIR result in no protocol data or functions, only the setup code. There appear to be unknown segment types in his remote.
henfri

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave.
I do not have any RMIR File stored. I originally configured via EZ-RC and then I just added this via RMIR:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100243&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
But I do not have this configuration stored as RMIR File.

What is surprising to me is, that we cannot apparently fully reset the Remote?!

Regards,
Hendrik
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting a new config via EZ-RC should overwrite everything in the remote. Then add an iMon-Pad device in EZ-RC instead of the one I posted. RM may be having trouble with the protocol for that device.

If you want to keep the current config you already have in EZ-RC, just make a second account and connect to that for all your testing.

You could also just do everything in RM using File - New - Remote image.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
You could also just do everything in RM using File - New - Remote image.

I don't advise using this in RMIR for any remote, that's why it shows a warning message. It is always better to do a factory reset and download that to RMIR. But for Nevo/XSight in particular, it isn't even possible. It gives a message that a new image cannot be created this way for this remote.

henfri wrote:
What is surprising to me is, that we cannot apparently fully reset the Remote?!

Yes you can. From the main Device menu, select Settings. In that menu, select Reset. It should say "Press below to reset", with a soft button labelled Reset. Don't press that button yet, but instead enter 9, 8, 1 from the keypad. The button should change to Factory Reset. Now press it.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, I was able to create a new image for the Xsight Lite. Please double check that you prohibit it for that model as well.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Graham, I was able to create a new image for the Xsight Lite. Please double check that you prohibit it for that model as well.

Apologies, Dave. I thought this discussion was about the Nevo, as it is a long time since we had anything in the forums about the XSight Lite. I should have read further back. The Lite has the standard segment structure, somewhat enhanced, so RMIR can create a new image. I doubt it is a viable one, though - have you uploaded it into the remote to see if it works? IMO the warning that File/New shows is still relevant here.

My comments about a Factory Reset still broadly apply. When you get to a screen with a heading Reset, a Reset button at the bottom and a message to press the green Enter key to reset, enter 9 8 1 before you press the Enter key. The screen button changes to Factory Reset.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Did you see my post about the map for the Xsight Lite being wrong? It appears as if someone took the original map I made years ago and associated it with a different image as well as renamed some of the buttons incorrectly. Would you please add this corrected map to the next version?
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14248
henfri

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

thanks for your help.
In fact I had re-set the remote with 9-8-1. What I meant by 'not completly reset' is, that after the reset I cannot connect with RMIR anymore.

In any case:
I could tet away without RMIR. Can someone tell me how to find the code for the imon-pad? I did setup 2037 via EZ-RC but that does not work, the Device does not react my Xsight. This is surprising, as with this http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14206 it did work (setup with RMIR)

Also, I am surprised about this:
When setting up the Remote for my Denon x1100 Remote, I get
Denon 1360 when doing it from the Remote. When setting it up via EC-RZ by entering the name of the remote (RC-1189) I get 3642, which does NOT work.

The same happens for my TV (LG; 1840 instead of 1423).

Last but not least: Is there a way to update the Firmware of the XSight Lite?

Greetings,
Hendrik
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 34 of 45

Jump to: