JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cannot get LKP to work with Extender 1.04 using a 6440 r02

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sauce

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Cannot get LKP to work with Extender 1.04 using a 6440 r02 Reply with quote

Hi Guys and Gals,

Wonderful forum, awesome software! learned a lot so far Surprised , but cannot crack this one. Evil or Very Mad
I'm using a A4One 6440 R02 and so far I have successfully learned and mapped all the functions I need except for the power button properly.

I want to use the TV POWER Button to both turn on and off my NEC M311W projector. This projector has a separate ON and OFF button on the remote, so using the LKP function and short Key press seems like a good idea to get both functions on the same button.

I have uploaded my current config here where you can see I have the power on and off working from the TV RED and GREEN buttons successfully, so I know its not the codes.

I have tried using a random buttons, ie PAUSE and a DEVICE instead of the POWER button but this doesn't work either.

PS I can re-assign the power on or off to the POWER button OK which works, so i know it isn't physically broken either.

My next step will be to try and setup like Ive read here - with the device buttons turning everything on, and then leaving the remote ready for use, with that device selected. So if I've done anything counter to this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Sauce
yaworski

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't know if this is causing the issue, but in your LKP doesn't have a Device button assigned. I think you should select the TV device there (in the Bound Key section).

If you don't need power on and off on physical buttons (besides the power button) you can set these functions to Phantom buttons (e.g. Phanton1 and Phantom2 respectively) and use them in the LKP macros.
Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have added the TV device button, in the lkp , but it didn't work unfortunately.

The New Config file is uploaded.

Does it matter that when I press the power button, it doesn't light up the TV device key ? When I power up the DVD using the power button, the corresponding DVD flashes.

I've got the feeling the power button is empty, and simply not linking to the macro for some reason, as I would imagine it should flash the device key when the macro runs ?

Thanks for the suggestion.
Sauce.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add the TV command to the beginning of Short and Long.
Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mdavej

Tried that but didnt work for me.
Ive got a screenshot here

Config file for this setup here

Cheers
Edit : Another thing I have noticed, I dont think SHIFT is working. Ive setup SHIFT POWER to turn it off, but it just sends POWER, same as unshifted.
It is the LIST button yeah ?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On some JP1 remotes, power key is special and cannot be changed. If this is the case on the 6440, then try putting your macros on some other button.

Another possibility is that your extender isn't actually activated. I know it took me several tries to get mine going. The installation procedure is a little tricky.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have loaded this config of yours into my URC-6440 and the Power button works as you intend. With the TV device selected, i.e. after pressing the TV button, a short press of Power sends your Power On signal, a long press sends Power Off.

I can't tell what you are doing wrong, but in this configuration the Extender IS activated and the Power button does what you want. Perhaps you are trying to use it in the Watch TV combo mode. That won't work. The Power button does have special processing, as mdavej suggests, but only in Combo modes.

If this doesn't solve your problem then please explain in detail what it is you are trying to achieve.
Sauce

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback.

All I am trying to to, is use the 6440 power button to turn on my projector both on with a short press, and off with a long press. Its nothing more complicated then that. Im not even trying to use combo modes yet, just basic device setup on each device button.

Mathdon has proven my config is good, and the extender is activated, so I can rule out a config issue I suppose.

I have used phantom keys in the LKP setup, with no change.
Im only currently using the red and green temporarily until the power button is working and Ill swap back to a phantom buttons.

I think I am missing a basic step or am misunderstanding some key concept that you guys are taking for 'read' as its so basic, to do with my remote.

All I do, when trying to use the power button is press TV DEVICE along the top, then hit the POWER button to no effect.
In the device setup I have left the POWER button unassigned and assigned to no effect.

Is it possible ive stuffed up my extender install mdavej , as I had to do it 3 times to see the new options or have you ruled that out Mathdon by loading it in yours ? Remember I cant get any shift functions to work on a device setup either and my power button does nothing, long or short.

Im beginning to think that no extender functions are working on the remote at all !

Can it be stuffed in my remote but yours is setup properly ?

Ive got a URC 11-6440 R02
Other details are E154402 and MAXQ622X-2612+ E
tranx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sauce, yes, so I suppose it could be worth doing just the following steps again.

Wiki Manual Programming 9xx commands:
"(981): MFR Reset - Restore Factory Defaults
Clears upgrades also. Sets like new remote.
PRESS and HOLD the SETUP button until the red LED flashes twice, then RELEASE.
TAP 9 - 8 - 1 -- Two/four blinks."

6440 Extender Manual:
"Rename the file “Settings_reset_6440extender104(2570A1).bin” in the extender package as simply “settings.bin”.
Connect your remote to your PC and use standard file copying to copy (it into the remote).....use standard file copying."

Upload the extended working rmir.
Sauce

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I did the reset, holding SETUP only flashed the TV device button once and nothing else after waiting about a minute max.
Then I entered 9 -8- 1, and the TV button flashed about 6 times, so I am assuming the reset worked.

doing the rest of your suggestion now
Sauce

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Tranx and everyone else for your assistance.
Re-uploading a new default 1.04 settings file and re-uploading my config got it working !!!

Now for the fun parts - learning how to use the activities and magic WatchTV buttons....

Thanks Guys.

Sauce.
tranx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!

I found too, that pressing and holding Setup on the extended remote just lit the TV device button. After waiting and trying again, it was only then that holding Setup produced the expected "2/4" blinks...
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sauce. It looks as if something was wrong with your original extender installation. I am pleased that all is now well after the re-installation.

For information, however, for both you and tranx, it was not necessary to do the factory reset and it is not clear whether or not it actually worked. What a 981 reset does in the extended remote is to return the remote to the reset state of the extended remote. As explained in the manual, the only way to return the remote to its unextended state is to copy to it a settings.bin file for the unextended remote. One is provided in the extender package for use if needed. As the original extender installation appears to have been faulty and the lights did not flash as expected during the factory reset, it seems likely that this reset did not work as intended. But this did not matter, as the re-upload of the extender settings file overwrites anything that the reset did, whether or not it worked. In the absence of a reset it would similarly overwrite whatever setup was present in the remote. The correct behaviour on a long press of Setup, btw, is one flash followed by a pause followed by two flashes.
tranx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited. Thank you for the corrections and useful clarification.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: