JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Volume macro on Nevo C2 problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I admire your thinking Vicky. But these remotes have megabytes of memory. Even if something like blinking out one bit at a time were an option, it would take a lifetime.

Not a lifetime, we are no longer just counting blinks of an LED, think widget.

Quote:
At the end of the day, it's a TV remote that was discontinued 5 years ago, not a potential cure for cancer. I'm very grateful for what we have. It was a massive amount of effort to get this far. Just isn't worth the effort for the 5 people on the planet that would ever use toadtog, IMHO.

And that is the unfortunate thing here, the fact that extender use has fallen by the wayside. Extenders caused me to relapse and become a JP1 addict again. I had kicked the habit, and then I needed an extender to get enough space. And then Elizabeth showed me that an extender could be so user friendly.

If I didn't have a boxes and boxes of remotes that have extenders, I'd be digging into this.... But there are plenty of people out there that do need to have an extender. If one of them has talent and determination we could have an extender for an obsolete remote. I know when I wrote my extenders it was very disappointing that so few other people downloaded them. But in the end, I did them for myself. I need the extender to function.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this had now morphed into a discussion of ToadTog on the NEVO, I'll throw out a few ideas (which I think may be just as impossible as an extender).

1) If, from within a macro, if it were possible to reassign macro functions, then the Discrete On = toggle power, then redefine itself to a null macro and reassign the Discrete Off to be as defined in the next sentence. The Discrete Off = toggle power and redefine itself to null macro and redefine Discrete On to its initial state as above.

2) On the NEVO, if a macro could set the current activity, the activities could be identical except in one activity the Discrete On = toggle power, swap the activity and Discrete Off = null. The other activity would be the opposite, Discrete On = null and Discrete Off = toggle power, swap activity.

3) On the NEVO, if a macro could set select the current device, the devices could be identical except in one the Discrete On = toggle power, swap the current device and Discrete Off = null. The other device would be the opposite, Discrete On = null and Discrete Off = toggle power, swap the current device.

4) On the NEVO, if a macro could do anything that redefines something about an activity, some variation of the above could be devised.

As I said, I believe that all of these ideas are just as impossible as an extender, but maybe I am wrong and something could be worked out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: