JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Incorrect conversion of learned signals to device upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loft

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: Incorrect conversion of learned signals to device upgrade Reply with quote

Hello there,

I have just managed (thanks to some great guys around here) to get to communicate with my remote (OFA 7980). Among some definitions that the official OFA upgrades lacked, were 4 buttons from my Denon X1000's remote. So I decided to learn them with the 7980 and transfer them to a device. Problem is that, after the conversion, I end up with 4 buttons looking the same.
Any idea what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Below you can find screen captures from RMIR:
And the remote configuration which includes both learned signals and converted device.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are all bad learns. They are missing too much information to be converted properly. You need to work on your technique.

Here are all the Denon codes you'll ever need:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13367

EDIT: Learns are OK after all per next post.

Last edited by mdavej on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loft,
I think that your learns are OK, and these are the Denon-K IR protocol. But I suspect that UEI has changed the format of storing learned signals for the new CC2541 processor, in particular the way the frequency of modulation is stored.

We're still working on and learning about the URC7980. At the moment, the RDF file is incomplete in describing which variants of executors are used in the remote. I plan to work on that this weekend, but until then some protocols may not work correctly.

The Denon RMDU file mdavej linked to will work, but first you'll need to edit the 7980 RDF file to change the 00CD value under [Protocols] to 00CD:2.

Edited to fix typo.

Last edited by 3FG on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
but first you'll need to edit the 7980 RDF file to change the 00CD value under [Protocols] to 00C8:2.

Did you typo this Dave? Did you mean to change it to 00CD:2?
loft

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG, I cannot change the Protocol to 00C8:2, just 00C8. But even then, the protocol name takes precedence so it will stay Denon-K, with the corresponding ID.
I've tried changing the protocol to RC-5-38 (as the device upgrade from OFA). But then I get something that I cannot copy-paste in my original config.
I'll just wait to see what you manage.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
Yes that was a typo: it should be 00CD:2

loft,
What I was suggesting is to modify the file "603704 (URC-7980 Smart Control).rdf" which is located in the RDF subfolder in your RMIR directory using a text editor. Then restart RMIR.
loft

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG, sorry for not getting everything right on first time.
I made the change to the rdf file, imported the X4000 upgrade, but only the volume seems to be working. The original upgrade (OFA sourced) still works, fully.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you assigned the functions you want to use to buttons on the Buttons or Layout tabs? If you're still having trouble, post the RMIR file with your Denon upgrade.
loft

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The functions from the X4000 are automatically assigned to my remote based on the name of the buttons. I double checked them.
Here is the upgrade that I extracted from the remote initially (the OFA sourced upgrade). The device settings are a little bit different.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loft,
I'm having trouble reconciling everything you've seen. The learns are clearly the Denon-K IR protocol, as we expect for a Denon receiver. But you seem to be saying that the receiver responds to an upgrade which shoots RC5-38. There is no similarity to these IR protocols, and I truly doubt that Denon equipment would respond to RC5 signals. Conversely, you say that the receiver doesn't respond (except for volume) to the Denoon upgrade mdavej suggested. So I suspect that some aspects of the programming of the 7980 are different than you expect.

Please setup the remote so that the receiver responds and also has the mdavej's upgrade loaded. Download to a RMIR file (not a RMDU file) and post it here.
loft

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG, things seem to be very weird...
This is what I did (this morning, before going to work):
- modified "603704 (URC-7980 Smart Control).rdf" as you suggested earlier.
- opened the file that I saved from the remote when I started playing with it (it contained the upgrades from OFA)
- added the codes mentioned by mdavej
- saved the resulted .rmir fille (7980_1.rmir)
- uploaded this config to the remote
- disconnected and reconnected the remote
- downloaded the config from the remote
- saved the resulted .rmir fille (7980_2.rmir)
- uploded the two files here

I am baffled by the second file. I don't know what to understand out of this...
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two RMIR files look completely normal to me. The Setup code 1400 upgrade for Denon is different in the downloaded RMIR file compared to the first one, but in a way that we expect. For example, in mdavej's upgrade, the function CBL/SAT has been assigned to the button "1". The function name is not stored in the remote, and so the downloaded RMIR file shows the button label as the function name. Many of the functions in mdavej's upgrade are not assigned to any button, so RMIR did not upload these to the remote. Therefore, these unassigned functions aren't seen in the downloaded RMIR file.

Note that e.g. the function called Vol+ has been assigned to the button labeled "Vol+", so the first RMIR file and the downloaded one have the same appearance for this function.

Anyway, which Denon functions don't work?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: