JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can't edit or clone protocol for INT-422-2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dreiss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject: Can't edit or clone protocol for INT-422-2 Reply with quote

I'm trying to create a new upgrade for INT-422-2 by cloning the built-in MCE protocol and adding actions to the unused buttons. It's not working: when I click "Edit Device" in the general tab or "Edit" or "Clone" on the Devices tab, nothing happens, and I get this in rmaster.err:
Quote:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.hifiremote.jp1.DeviceUpgrade.testAltPID(DeviceUpgrade.java:800)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.SetupPanel.showAltPID(SetupPanel.java:351)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.SetupPanel.update(SetupPanel.java:436)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.DeviceEditorPanel.refresh(DeviceEditorPanel.java:457)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.DeviceEditorPanel.<init>(DeviceEditorPanel.java:191)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.DeviceUpgradeEditor.<init>(DeviceUpgradeEditor.java:121)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.DeviceUpgradePanel.createRowObjectA(DeviceUpgradePanel.java:174)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.DeviceUpgradePanel.newRowObject(DeviceUpgradePanel.java:252)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.DeviceUpgradePanel.newRowObject(DeviceUpgradePanel.java:1)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.RMTablePanel.actionPerformed(RMTablePanel.java:426)

This seems to only happen on the protocol I want to use: setup code 1972

I modified RMIR to allow the check on line 800 to succeed or fail, and the Device Upgrade Editor can then be opened, but it shows a red error: "PID in use, Alt PID not available". I don't understand what this means. All of the tabs, and the "Save as" button, are greyed out.

Any tips on how I can proceed? Here's an RMIR file that you can load to see this behavior:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14101

Thanks!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't edit built in devices on that remote. Just start with this upgrade, and you should be fine. No need to create a new one.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11769

EDIT: Nevermind. I see what you mean. You're not using a built in device, and any MCE sort of protocol won't open in RM. Looks like a bug. Graham will have to take a look.

EDIT2: A workaround in the mean time would be to download the above upgrade, edit in RM, change to your remote model when you're done. Then on Devices tab in RMIR, New, then open the upgrade. Repeat for any additional edits.
dreiss

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I was able to get this working by tweaking your upgrade, deleting all of the other devices on the remote, and installing the new upgrade.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
You're not using a built in device, and any MCE sort of protocol won't open in RM. Looks like a bug. Graham will have to take a look.

I've only just found time to take a look. The problem is being caused by the device upgrades using two protocols, MCE and RC6-M-32, both with PID=012A:2. RMIR tries to test if these have the same protocol code, but fails as protocols.ini doesn't contain S3C80 code for these protocols. This is a defect in RMIR that I will fix in the next build. It isn't a problem with MCE in itself, as mdavej suggests, but with the presence of these two protocols together in the device upgrade list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: