JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do I just manually enter these codes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swancoat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: How do I just manually enter these codes? Reply with quote

I have an HDMI matrix and all of the IR codes are in the manual. However, I can't understand exactly how to enter these (basically I can't seem to find a field that will accept them).

The remote is a Nevo C2.

I've created a new device, and named it, but frankly after that it's a bit of a blur. I'm not sure what's required and what's not. I don't really understand the relevance of the 'setup code'. Is it sufficient if I just make it unique?

The manual says the codes are 'NEC Standard', but there's a lot of variations of NEC1 or whatever. In the Function pane, none of the fields seems to accept codes of this format.

After I have functions, using buttons, layout, etc... seems straightforward.

The codes are on pages 12-14 of the manual (linked below) if somebody wouldn't mind taking a look and seeing if they can tell me what to put where.

http://www.shinybowusa.com/PDF/UG-5688CK.pdf

Any help is greatly appreciated.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By comparing to a similar document for the UG-8802, for which the codes are known at RC, it seems reasonable to assume that we can convert directly without bit reversal. Power ON is shown as 4CB3 A15E, xo we take the first byte of the custom code (4C) and convert it to 76 decimal. Since the second byte is the binary complement of the first, this protocol is simple NEC1 Device 76, or equivalently device 76, subdevice 179.

The setup code in an upgrade has little meaning. I use frequently use 1234.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the first byte of the second word is the OBC which you also need to convert to decimal (A1 = OBC 161).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: