JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote code required for Technomate TM-F3/5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phoenix407

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Remote code required for Technomate TM-F3/5 Reply with quote

Hi,

Can someone please point me in the direction of where I can obtain a remote code for a Slingbox SB150, it's connecting to a Technomate TM-F3/5 Satellite receiver?

The IR Blaster version is 4.

Many thanks
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the Technomate TM-5402 in the File Section.
phoenix407

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked, and the TM-5402 doesn't appear to be in the list?

Copy the below link to see a a screenshot of what I saw

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AMIDQ8fq8mB5Lnk&cid=A2256C115545039A&id=A2256C115545039A!4061&parId=A2256C115545039A!4010&o=OneUp

Many thanks
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant the File Section in this forum. You need a Custom Remote as Sling do not support the box. It's here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10046
phoenix407

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I upload the bin file, because all I am given is a box asking to choose a preset code from 1 to 6, and below that a 'custom' option, which then asks me to enter something. If I try and enter the file path, it comes back and says 'invalid code'. Am I having a blonde moment or should I be trying to upload the .bin file somewhere else?

Thanks again
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be following the instructions. Those comments show me you have not read them properly.
phoenix407

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did read the readme document, and then followed the link onto the site which had screenshots of what I should see, some of it seems to refer to later models than what I have. I have a legacy box which is the sb-150.

I have therefore downloaded the old legacy windows client and am configuring it through that.

If I choose the manufacturer (tehcnomate), it gives the choice of 6 codes or 'other'. If I choose 'other' manufacturer, it gives a list of a few hundred codes to try, but still only the 'other' option at the bottom of the list. No matter what I do, I can't see anywhere which gives me the option to upload the bin file?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea why you felt the need to use the old client, even I have trouble installing from that and have actually forgotten how to do it. There is nothing to stop you following the proper instructions. There are about 6 types covered by the legacy Slingboxes so I had to pick one to display and went for the Solo. But everything else is identical.

So if you want help please use those instructions and make sure you read them in full.
phoenix407

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally went to the setup.slingbox.com method, but that kept failing to detect the box on the network, it was at that point I reverted to using the legacy client. I wasn't aware there was even more methods than these two. I will give it another go later when I'm back home and will let you know of the outcome.

Thanks again.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix, when you downloaded the zip file that Graham linked you to earlier, did you notice a file in there called Readme.txt and if so, did you read it?

Here's a quote of the first few lines...
Quote:
INSTALLATION
============
Please follow the instructions at:

http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-install-a-custom-remote-onto-the-slingbox/

(And please read them in full, I waste a lot of time with people who haven't bothered)

If you did read them, did you follow the link and read those instructions?

I'm sorry if the instructions seem complicated, we didn't invent the process, we just documented it. We're just a DIY group that tries to help people customize their remotes and Slngboxes to do what they want. Alan wrote those instructions after helping hundreds of people do just that, so chances are, whatever questions you have, they have already been answered in the instructions.

If you have questions about the instructions themselves, please post them. But if your questions basically amount to "I ignored your instructions and tried something else but it didn't work" then there's probably not much we can do to help. In that case your best option is to try to contact Slingbox customer support to see if they can help. Your choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: