JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony HT-CT60 Soundbar Power On/Off discretes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elemecca

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Sony HT-CT60 Soundbar Power On/Off discretes Reply with quote

Quote:
1. Device: Sony HT-CT60 / SA-CT60
2. Type of device: home theater speaker system / sound bar
3. Year: ~2012
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: OARUSB04G Extender 1.04
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? N/A, it's USB
6. Still have original remote? The Sony RM-ANU159, yes.
7. Checked the file section? Yup.
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yup.

I'm looking for power on/off discretes for the the Sony HT-CT60 home theater system / SA-CT60 sound bar. I've posted an upgrade learned from the stock RM-ANU159 remote. It mostly uses Sony15 device 48, but there's a little bit of device 176.

I've tried various codes found around the web (given as Device/OBC):

I've also checked the file section here, but what few upgrades have power discretes use ones listed above.

I'm guessing this is a TOAD, given that Sony appears to be extremely consistent in using OBCs 46 and 47 for the power discretes and they don't work with either device 48 or 176. The ToadTog function of the extender works to make that less of a pain, but it still sucks. Hopefully they just used a different OBC for some reason and somebody out there knows what it is.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently, some Sony components have sent device number 0-31 using Sony15 rather than Sony12. So I'd be sure to try all of the device numbers below 32 with both protocols.
Elemecca

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Recently, some Sony components have sent device number 0-31 using Sony15 rather than Sony12. So I'd be sure to try all of the device numbers below 32 with both protocols.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately 1/46, 2/46, 4/55, 6/46, 7/46, 11/46, 15/46, 17/46, and 19/46 don't do anything whether I send them as Sony12 or Sony15.
Mr Mod

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this list
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11788
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like chances are very high that no discrete power commands exist for this soundbar. Could you not simply rely on the Auto Standby feature and leave the power commands out of your macros? (pg 13 of the Manual)
Elemecca

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Mod wrote:
try this list
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11788

That list contains just a few more, none of which work: 1/56 and 16/46 & 16/47.

mdavej wrote:
Looks like chances are very high that no discrete power commands exist for this soundbar. Could you not simply rely on the Auto Standby feature and leave the power commands out of your macros? (pg 13 of the Manual)

I'm not actually using the PowerOff discretes for anything, and I more or less do just let auto-standby turn off the soundbar. On the other hand, I have the activity buttons turning on all the devices used in the activity and switching to the right inputs. That relies on having PowerOn discretes for everything so switching activities doesn't turn some of the devices off.

So far I've been using the extender's ToadTog function to emulate power discretes for the soundbar, and that mostly works well enough. It at least doesn't turn the soundbar off when switching activities, and on the rare occasions it gets out of sync pushing the normal power button fixes it. If it turns out this device is indeed a TOAD I'll just keep using that.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried all commands to see if anything will "wake up" the sound bar? If you can find one, just put that in the "All On" macro and nothing in the "All Off" macro. This is what I have done for my Apple TV, and my Nvidia Shield and it works fine. For both of them the "Menu" command will wake up the device, with little or no effect if it is still on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: