JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-39730 B00-00 Remote Pinout

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drake008

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: URC-39730 B00-00 Remote Pinout Reply with quote

Hi there I'am new here and wanted to ask you some questions regarding my Dreambox DM7000S remotemodel URC-39730 B00-00

It seems that I deleted the settings so that I cannot switch channel and all the other features.

There is JP1 pinheader in the remote and I ordered an FTDI cable. I also got the IR software. Now I "just" need the programmdata for the remote for the DM7000S and hopefully you guys know the pinout of the pinheader.

It starts upper right with 1 and ends lower left with 6. Is it 1,2,3 in the upper row and 4,5,6 in the lower one or 1,3,5 upper and 2,4,6 lower?

Can I even flash my remote back to an useful state to get it back working with the Dreambox DM7000S? I read something about JP1 and JP 1.X. I hope I did ordered the correct cable.

I also have a cable which is recognized by WIndows XP as Prolific USB to Serial. It has only four outputs. TX,RX,VCC and GND. COuld this also be compatible?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both are the wrong cable for that remote. If I'm right, you'll need a JP1 EEPROM adapter for that FTDI cable (or your Prolific cable, assuming you can find RTS inside and add a wire for it). Pinout is linked in the "what cable..." sticky.

Since you've never used a cable before, you should be able to recover without one.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that your cable has the same color coding as the chip_partner cable that we recommend, the color coding is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16360

However, if Dave is correct that the Dreambox remote is really a JP1 remote, rather than a JP1.x remote, you will need the following EEPROM adapter:
http://www.diygadget.com/jp1-2-1-3-to-jp1-adapter.html
drake008

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the clarification. I hope it is a newer one.

Is the PIN-out

or is it

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's usually a line printed around the 6-pin where one corner is cut out to make it look like an old index card. That corner is pin 1, then the pinout is like this:

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a RDF file for Dreambox Remote V3 URC-39730 B02 signature OUKAOUK1. Judging from that RDF file, your remote is clearly a JP1 remote, and an adapter is needed besides the FTDI serial cable to program this remote by computer.

May I ask why you want to continue with this very old remote? Here in the USA, we can buy cable remotes which are JP1.3 and therefore can be programmed via the FTDI cable for <$10. These generally have better capability than the Dreambox remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and we can get fancy shmancy color screen remotes that come with their own USB cable for under $16 !!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/322044831124
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: