JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Unknown protocol of learned keys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: Unknown protocol of learned keys Reply with quote

Using RCRP05B I learned keys for MiniMX Android box. But I can't use learned keys directly since Both IR and RM are unable to decode the protocol and I'm using RCRP05B extender which removes the support for learned key. I read some of the information here about decoding/building protocol, but most of it is over my head. Is there a tutorial for someone just starting on new protocol stuff?

Learned IR file is http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14022 if anyone is kind enough to help me out.

Also, is there any alternate to protocol builder, one that does not require Excel?

Thanks in advance for any help.
JohnM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind. I made the same dump mistake I made couple of years ago. These cheap android boxes send the actual code only once as soon as you press the key, and then keep sending ditto. And while learning I pressed key on oem remote first then on jp1. So all jp1 remote got was those dittos and was unable to decode the signal.

Once I learned it again by pressing key on jp1 remote first and then on oem, IR decoded them properly as NEC1.

Millions of thanks to the very helpful community here.
JohnM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I've uploaded the working mdu file at http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14023
Hopefully it'd be useful for someone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: