JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sky Q Box (RC6-6-28)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I just rechecked the learns that Alan posted and that's the code that he included, but I also notice that the UP and OK buttons use the same code. This is totally a wild assed guess, but try changing the UP code from 92 to 88.
Good guess Rob, that was the code. Not sure why my learn was wrong, must have hit the wrong button. I'll get this tested but it is looking good.

And I know I am pushing my luck here Very Happy But in advance of any problem, can you do a 'No Repeat' version ?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swadez: I have uploaded the release package at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13971

Can you confirm everything is working ?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
And I know I am pushing my luck here Very Happy But in advance of any problem, can you do a 'No Repeat' version ?

Here ya go...
Code:
[RC6-6-28]
PID=01 FF
DevParms=Device=0,Sub Device=0
DeviceTranslator=Translator(0,8,4) Translator(1,12,12)
FixedData=E0 00 00
CmdParms=OBC
CmdTranslator=Translator(0)
DefaultCmd=00
CmdIndex=0
Code.S3C80=40 9A 31 8B 0D 00 05 35 01 A8 00 DC 00 00 00 00 00 C3 1C 12 F6 01 4C 38 03 F6 FF 4D F6 FF 3A 38 03 F0 C3 F6 FF 4D 6C 01 87 36 03 F6 FF 51 6E 37 64 F6 C6 F8 E3 8A F6 01 58 AF F6 FF 48 F6 FF 48 F6 FF 43 1C 16 8D 01 4C 1C 1A 8D 01 4C 4C 04 8B 02 4C 08 37 3F 08 F6 FF 48 F6 FF 43 8B 06 F6 FF 43 F6 FF 48 90 C3 4A EB AF

alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a wonderful man Very Happy

I've got 3 people testing the BIN files and they all report 90% success, I just need get the mapping sorted out for those 3 'odd' buttons. Should be able to release it tonight.

Thanks again

Al
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which buttons are problematic? The button that you had labeled "Back" originally is really the DISMISS button, which exits menus and stops playing recordings, so I relabeled it as "Stop/Exit" and assigned it to both buttons. The 3 dots button brings up a Sidebar menu.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the codes, they are fine. The basic remote image doesn't have obvious buttons for the 'Sky', 'Sidebar' 'Search' and 'Home' functions, so I am in discussion with some users as to the best buttons to map them to.
swadez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys I just woke up. Late night.

Few things. Firstly, Alan your file/s are not working at all for me - weird. Nothing not even any signal.

Rob, your updated file, which I've converted, works now with the UP button fixed.

Everything is good but we are still missing a few buttons.

SKY - this goes direct to Most Recent Recorded
Colour buttons
Search
3 dots
swadez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way guys today I received the following accessible remote from Sly which is like the original Sky+ remote but the buttons work differently.

https://accessibility.sky.com/sky-tv-help/sky-q-accessible-remote

I feel that using the skin of the old Sky+ remote and map/layer these Sky Q codes over - we could get a fantastic end product.

Any help and I'm willing.[/url]
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swadez wrote:
Everything is good but we are still missing a few buttons.

SKY - this goes direct to Most Recent Recorded
Colour buttons
Search
3 dots

We are missing the SKY button, and also the INPUT button, but the others are all included. In my file, I labeled the 3 dots button as "Sidebar" and assigned it to the Setup button. The 4 colour buttons are assigned to the 4 color buttons. I have Search assigned to the External button.

Do the volume buttons work a volume function in the Sky device, or do you program them to work your TV?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has the Sky button mapped to the White button. The original poster has reported I had the left/right buttons the wrong way round (true) and I am just waiting for his confirmation he is happy with the mapping before I release it.

And yes, the Volume buttons, as well as the INPUT button are programmed to control a TV so we can safely ignore them.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I learned.

The RC-6-28 has a complicated structure.
It is a bi-phase signal, which means that a 1 is represented by a +450, -450 timing pair and a 0 is -450+450 timing pair, where + timings mean that there is IR activity, and – times represent quiet times. But the RC-6 family of signals also have some structural timings inside the signal as well. So if you are looking at this on a graph, some of the bumps are 450 wide, others are 900 wide, but if you were to divide this up there are places where there are that around the 4th bit where its neither a zero, nor a 1. That is a structural timing .

The "Simple" approach to this is to describe the signal where each bit represents a single 450 splice of time. To do this a 1 represents a +450,-0 timing pair, the 0 is a +0,-450 timing pair. Then we jump to the IR engine and let it do all the work. This "Simple" approach doubles the number of data bits required to describe the signal, but eliminates having to program the logic in for those structural timings. This "Simple" approach works fine in both S3C8 and HCS08 engines for shorter signals like the RC-6-24, but the S3C8 balks when the number of data bytes required to transmit the signal is more than 8, we have demonstrated the the HCS08 will work with 9 bytes of data without a problem.

I adapted Rob's protocol for my "Simple" version of the SC308 protocol. Its not nearly as small as the HCS08's version, but at 32 instructions, it still saves you about 8 bytes over the full blown version of the protocols. The fewer instructions loaded into the remote, the more savings.

I added the RC-6-28 (Simple) to the protocol files.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13977

The Sky Q Box that has HCS08 support is in the Satellite Upgrades
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13970
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All done and dusted and fully tested from my side. I've uploaded the main package into the 'Slingbox Binary Files' area at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13978 and my RMDU file into the Slingbox RM Files' area at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13979. I'll leave Vicki's RM file as the official Satellite upgrade.

Once again, many thanks to Rob & Vicky for all their help. It's been a long journey Very Happy
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
. I'll leave Vicki's RM file as the official Satellite upgrade.

Very Happy

No, don't do that, we want the second version with a real protocol in the file section too, although Rob has to give it a PID different than 01FF, because if he uses that in Protocols.ini, many downloads will not work correctly if a custom 01FF is in play. At least that used to be problematic. As many gyrations that RMIR has to do to download a remote, it seems that this wrinkle should be best left alone. I am amazed at how well RMIR does do with downloads, but why put hurdles in its way.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been out of the loop for a while, so I don't know what the process is, regarding home made executors.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I have been out of the loop for a while, so I don't know what the process is, regarding home made executors.

I don't know either. I suppose that is up to 3FG. He's maintaining Protocols ini.

I still do it the old fashioned way. Create a RM file, import my protocol into the file. Or I could have created it in there using RM's built in editor. Then it doesn't require an entry in protocols.ini to open and use either in RM or RMIR. But then it doesn't have all the fancy smancy translators just basic editors where you can say LSB or MSB or LSB comp or MSB comp. Then if there is no decode, I just fill in the HEX, very useful for something like this oddball "Simple" RC-6-28.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: