JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Should I try Blast upper memory on Insignia 67100?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeajea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Should I try Blast upper memory on Insignia 67100? Reply with quote

I have an Insignia 67100 remote with extender 3.03 that has stopped working.
Pressing any button except setup turns on the LED for about 30 seconds. Pressing the setup for 30 seconds doesn’t deactivate the extender. When setup is released the LED comes on for about 30 seconds.
I can still upload to and download from the remote and the downloaded information looks correct.
I uploaded a file with all the devices set to zero and all upgrades, key moves and macros deleted and it still acts the same.
Should I try Blast upper memory or?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's normal low battery behavior, so try fresh batteries first. Blasting upper memory won't remove the extender and may make matters worse.
jeajea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried two new alkaline batteries – no change

Batteries measure1.6+ volts

This remote is the model with a backlight
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot. I was hoping it was something simple like that. Need to get the heavy hitters involved now.
jeajea

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thanks to Bill Jackson who figured out what I needed to do to fix the 67100. Very Happy Very Happy
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The JP1.3 remotes have a number of setup bytes in the EEPROM area above the setup codes and before the advance code start. Not all of them are well understood but if they are not "right" the remote fails to work properly.

Each remote has different bytes in this area so the safest way to ensure your remote is good is to:

1: save a "virgin" version of the RMIR file before you start anything with the remote

2: if you start having issues look at the bytes after the setup codes in the raw data up to the beginning of the advance codes. If they're not what they are in the virgin file then put them back.

That was the case with the remote in this thread. Several of those bytes were wrong causing the remote to not work.

PS. At one point I toyed with putting some "fixed data" into the RDF's that would set these bytes correctly but lost ambition when life got in the way of doing remote hacking. If someone would like to take this on, I can provide you a collection of virgin RMIR files as well as how to tell which bytes need to be set correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: