JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New RMIR user with a few questions and a deployment plan.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CEDTV1999

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: New RMIR user with a few questions and a deployment plan. Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a new RMIR user. I've been using a PC to program the Sony
AX-1400 series of remotes. In many ways the AX1400 software suite is similar in function to the RMIR suite. Both have controlled device and remote configuration files. They both connect the PC and the remote (RM-AX1400) via a USB cable.

Sony replaces the AX1400 suite with the AX4000 suite. Both are beyond end of live Wink That is why I purchased an AR branded ARRX18G. Just my luck, they have been discontinued Sad At last, over the last two years, this site has developed support for this remote Very Happy.

My plan is to create a library of device configurations (.rmdu)for all of my devices. I have used the Sony Master list, referenced on the JP1 Main Page. I also have a spreadsheet sourced from Remote Central. Another spreadsheet was sourced from a AVS Forum Onkyo receiver/pre-processor thread. Once I have assembled all of the rmdu's needed I will add the devices to my ARRX18G and Nevo C2 configurations (.rmir).

I hope I can set up macros that can operate the four switches I need to watch the TV, a dvr, or a movie Smile Any advise would be greatly appreciated

On the JP1 - Beginners Forum Glossary, please add a entry for file extensions used by RMIR. I used RegEdit to see which file extensions were added: .rmir (RMremote Config) and .rmdu (RMDevice Upgrade). Also, RMIR is listed as the Java version of IR program, so I guess it should also say that it is a file extension Smile

I have a couple of questions. Is there a way to get the Volume buttons to repeat sending the signal (typematic?).

How does one send more that one function per button? On my AX-1400 I had several functions tied to a single button. I used the learned key feature. I may be able to use the macro feature instead.

Carl
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volume will repeat by default.

Macros send more than once function per button. Activities are the best way to create macros for "watch TV", "watch movie", etc.

If you tell us the make and model of each device, we can help you find the right rmdu files.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best idea with the Nevo C2 is to connect it to the ez-rc.com web site and chose all your devices there, chances are that they have all of them. Then do all your fine tuning using RMIR.
CEDTV1999

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.
It appears that the volume repeat works, as long as the volume button's function is not defined via the alias feature. I tested when the TV and PrePro (Onkyo PR-SC886) were the devices selected. The volume repeat worked.
Most of my devices are made by Sony. I have a few A/V switches and have build rmdu files for them. I have used the EZ-RC web site to define some of the primary devices. So far, 3 out of 4 definitions work. The EZ-RC found a definition for my Sony DVR (Sony DHG-HDD500), but it was incorrect. I used RMIR to review the rmdu that EZ-RC created. I compared that to my ax1400 definition. Since I have the OBC and device numbers I know what was wrong. I just created my own rmdu with notes on how to configure the rmdu for a second Sony DVR in the same rack. Again, I have the device numbers Wink

I have browsed the file section and pulled down some of the rmdu's that seem like a good fit.

I only have two more devices to define:
* Yamaha CD player, CDC-665, remote, CDC1;
* JVC VHS VCR-DVDr, DR-MX1S, remote, RM-SDR016U.
I have the remotes for all of my equipment.

Carl
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of our Yamaha CD files use the same codeset, so I imagine any one of them will work for your CD player, like this one...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13092

We have one JVC DVD/VCR combo unit, so give that a try...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6830
CEDTV1999

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob,

I will check those out. I solved my Volume +/- repeat issue. I needed to turn on volume punch through (VPT). On the RMIR General Tab > "Volume Lock" column, set the device that is the Master (in my case TV), and On for those devices that are to use the master. In my case, my PrePro is connected to the TV via HDMI (CEC is active - RIHD BRAVIA Sync), thus if both are on, the TV volume controls still work Wink

Carl
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: