JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Odd problem - device not working activity partially working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaeljc70

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Odd problem - device not working activity partially working Reply with quote

On one of my activities, I have a remote for a Raspberry Pi media center and a TV (among other things).

The Pi device was created from the remote, which is a cheap generic remote that uses Mitsubishi protocol. When I originally tested just the device, it controlled the Pi.

Now, when I pick the Pi device, it doesn't recognize anything.

I have the activity set to use the Pi devicefor Left,Right, enter, etc. .

When I use the activity, left, right, up and down work fine, but the enter comes from the TV device.

The TV is JVC using JVC protocol, so I am not sure what is going on.

I thought something got corrupt and reloaded, but same problems.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post your rmir file to our diagnosis area and post a link to a picture of the remote for the Pi. Mits may be close but not close enough to the correct protocol. Those generic cheap remotes have required custom protocols in the past. If you have a backup with your original learns or could do some new learns that would be helpful.
michaeljc70

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Post your rmir file to our diagnosis area and post a link to a picture of the remote for the Pi. Mits may be close but not close enough to the correct protocol. Those generic cheap remotes have required custom protocols in the past. If you have a backup with your original learns or could do some new learns that would be helpful.

Is "JP1 - Protocol Decodes" the diagnostic area? I didn't see anything else.

I put copy of the RMIR file is here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8ne05EEMToiWWduNGNOeXFHMjg

Here is a pic of the remote:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8ne05EEMToicU9HODA3VnBDN2s

It says HDE on the back, but I've seen it rebranded. It actually registers as a keyboard/mouse in Kodi.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing that none of the Mits protocol commands are being used at all, only your learns. And Enter isn't assigned to any function at all.

I would try this for the Pi:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9064

If it doesn't work, relearn every command that isn't NEC1, those aren't clean. Then you can make a new device from the learns by clicking Convert to Device Upgrade at the bottom.

Diagnosis is third major one down:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php
michaeljc70

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I'm seeing that none of the Mits protocol commands are being used at all, only your learns. And Enter isn't assigned to any function at all.

I would try this for the Pi:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9064

If it doesn't work, relearn every command that isn't NEC1, those aren't clean. Then you can make a new device from the learns by clicking Convert to Device Upgrade at the bottom.

Diagnosis is third major one down:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php

I tried that file. Some buttons did something, but not what it was supposed. I couldn't really tell what it was doing.

I guess I am not sure I understand how it works underneath. If the left, right, up, down etc. work in activity mode, why don't they work in device mode? The codes obviously are there somewhere and work.

All the codes for the Pi were learned.

When you say re-learn all the codes that weren't NEC, all the Pi codes weren't. Should they have been?

I can try and relearn everything. It just struck me as odd in activity mode they worked (except enter).
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should all be the same protcol. They're good enough to function, but not enough to analyze.

I can't explain why device mode isn't working.
michaeljc70

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
They should all be the same protcol. They're good enough to function, but not enough to analyze.

I can't explain why device mode isn't working.

I know I don't need to know....but I'm a software engineer and am always curious how things work behind the scenes. lol

I'll relearn the Pi and see what happens.

I bought 2 of these remotes for $10 a piece with USB IR receivers for the PIs. If I have to get 2 WMC compatible receivers, it wouldn't be the end of the world and then I can use the WMC device I already have loaded from the JP1 file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: